Best atomiser for a bottom feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
.... The only atomizer I know that is built for bottomfeeding are the ones for the v-mod.
Really? LOL

Bottom feeders have been around for quite awhile now (years before the V whatever) and most did in fact use atties, and I imagine the bulk of the REO crowd still do.

To the OP are you saying that with your current setup if you 'trip' instead of pump it works better?

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I took most of what everyone has said and made an order for another blunt tip (half inch longer), a different style bottle/lid, and few different style atties. I'm thinking it is the blunt tip just isn't gettin' all the way in there. :eek:
It hits like a champ when dripping, but when I bottom feed her she gets a little weak on vapor.
Shouldn't matter.

Take a look here,

reocomparison.jpg

Can you even see a needle/tube sticking up?

Mine BTW is even with the top of the connector. I'm a no downtube/tilt user though.

Currently using a standard Joye 306 @ ~4.1V (it's a PT).

unloaded

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
SW. Indiana
Try the LR 306 attys, I've had much better luck with them compared to 510's. Also does your needle go all the way to the bottom of your bottle? If not you probably need to "tilt and shoot" or add tubing to get to bottom of the bottle. Mine don't have any needle sticking up at the connector either but I lightly hit the atty while I'm squonking until I feel a little resistance from the juice. I don't like flooding it into my catch cup. Brad at sweetvapes has a nice setup for bottomfeedeers and sells the bottles with tubing seperate if you want to try them out:
100_0737.jpg

He's got the bottles listed here:
Atomizers and Accessories

Check out his pics of Grip Mod and Other Mods to see how he does them.

AzIrish

Moved On
Nov 23, 2011
Tucson
Try the LR 306 attys, I've had much better luck with them compared to 510's. Also does your needle go all the way to the bottom of your bottle? If not you probably need to "tilt and shoot" or add tubing to get to bottom of the bottle. Mine don't have any needle sticking up at the connector either but I lightly hit the atty while I'm squonking until I feel a little resistance from the juice. I don't like flooding it into my catch cup. Brad at sweetvapes has a nice setup for bottomfeedeers and sells the bottles with tubing seperate if you want to try them out:
100_0737.jpg

He's got the bottles listed here:
Atomizers and Accessories

Check out his pics of Grip Mod and Other Mods to see how he does them.

I like this alot and this the setup I think it needs. What is that awsome trip shield that everyone is using and where to I get it.

meatsneakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
NYC
I like this alot and this the setup I think it needs. What is that awsome trip shield that everyone is using and where to I get it.

These two threads have a lot of info on catch cups:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/233778-beauty-rings-drip-cups-wells.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/225003-new-catch-cup-mods.html

I like Para's version - holds more spill-over and looks very nice, but requires more work to cut and solder. They sell both at the Home Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread