The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best atomiser for a bottom feeder.

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeder Mods' started by AzIrish, Apr 16, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AzIrish

AzIrish Moved On

Nov 23, 2011
    Tucson
    Just built my first bottom feeder with a 3.7 battery. I used a blunt tip syringe to feed the atty, but doesn't work as good as tripping. I'm using a 2.5 atty, maybe a smoktek. I'm just looking for a little help with bf that isn't hitting right. Thanks for any help.

2. sumoman25

sumoman25 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2011
    South Dakota
    You want an atomizer with a relatively large bottom hole that feeds straight to the coil. How much is your syringe for feeding sticking out of the connector? Try cartomizers, see if they work alright with it. The only atomizer I know that is built for bottomfeeding are the ones for the v-mod.

3. hildicat

hildicat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    SoCal
    I would think you want a lower resistance at 3.7 volts. My go-to on the Reo Grand is the Cisco 901, bridge-less 1.5 ohm.

4. WillyB

WillyB Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    USA
    Really? LOL

Bottom feeders have been around for quite awhile now (years before the V whatever) and most did in fact use atties, and I imagine the bulk of the REO crowd still do.

To the OP are you saying that with your current setup if you 'trip' instead of pump it works better?

5. Dj Xy

Dj Xy I'm winning like Charlie Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    baltimore, maryland
    I use joye 1.5 atties on my reo, silo cartos on my vmod, basically as long as the needle doesnt stick out too far almost any open post atty will work

6. AzIrish

AzIrish Moved On

Nov 23, 2011
    Tucson
    I took most of what everyone has said and made an order for another blunt tip (half inch longer), a different style bottle/lid, and few different style atties. I'm thinking it is the blunt tip just isn't gettin' all the way in there. :eek:
    It hits like a champ when dripping, but when I bottom feed her she gets a little weak on vapor.

7. meatsneakers

meatsneakers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2011
    NYC
    The only reason that is happening is that you're probably flooding it. Try blowing the atty out and see how it performs. If it's better, give it less of a squeeze :)

8. WillyB

WillyB Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    USA
    Shouldn't matter.

Take a look here,

[​IMG]

Can you even see a needle/tube sticking up?

Mine BTW is even with the top of the connector. I'm a no downtube/tilt user though.

Currently using a standard Joye 306 @ ~4.1V (it's a PT).

9. unloaded

unloaded Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2011
    SW. Indiana
    Try the LR 306 attys, I've had much better luck with them compared to 510's. Also does your needle go all the way to the bottom of your bottle? If not you probably need to "tilt and shoot" or add tubing to get to bottom of the bottle. Mine don't have any needle sticking up at the connector either but I lightly hit the atty while I'm squonking until I feel a little resistance from the juice. I don't like flooding it into my catch cup. Brad at sweetvapes has a nice setup for bottomfeedeers and sells the bottles with tubing seperate if you want to try them out:
    [​IMG]

He's got the bottles listed here:
    Atomizers and Accessories

Check out his pics of Grip Mod and Other Mods to see how he does them.

10. AzIrish

AzIrish Moved On

Nov 23, 2011
    Tucson
    I like this alot and this the setup I think it needs. What is that awsome trip shield that everyone is using and where to I get it.

11. meatsneakers

meatsneakers Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2011
    NYC
    These two threads have a lot of info on catch cups:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/233778-beauty-rings-drip-cups-wells.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/225003-new-catch-cup-mods.html

I like Para's version - holds more spill-over and looks very nice, but requires more work to cut and solder. They sell both at the Home Depot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.