Bottom feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
I'm getting tired of dripping and have discovered I don't like tanks any better than carts, so am going to build a bottom feeder (sort of). I'm a little nervous drilling through the bottom of my atty and was thinking since I use 510s I could go through the sleeve. I was just wondering, does anybody know of a good tubing material that can handle the heat and juice? Would vinyl hold up to this?

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Last edited:

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville
Thought I was in the modder forum. Thanks for the info

I had to double check, but you are indeed. I've experimented a little, finding that brass (as suggested in the above link) will taint the liquid if allowed to sit for too long. It turned a normally amber liquid into a putrid greenish-brown color. I didn't test the taste.

Common food grade vinyl (PVC) has a melting point of 176°F, and the tougher stuff (EVA) will survive up to 250°F. Most atomizers range from 104°F-150°F. High voltage+low resistance might take it as high as 250°F, but common sense should prevent temperatures that high. So long as you don't hold the button on your 5v mod for 10+ seconds with a 1.5ohm coil, you should stay closer to the low side.

It may survive, but it will get brittle over time exposed to high temperatures. Silicone would be better for a flexible alternative. Most feeder mods use stainless steel, such as that found in needles and such, which then attaches to vinyl or silicone tubing. 16ga fits perfectly through most 510 connectors.

I have no clue about some juices' effect on either vinyl or silicone as far as their acidity goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread