Best atomizer???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

the vaporizer

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
New York
Ok...Ive tried 510's, lr510's, 801's, 901's, 905's, rn4081, rn4072, kr808d1 cartos...and so far the only one that has lasted a long time, provided great flavor, didnt get clogged a lot, and was versatile between voltages(which i only vary between 3.7-5v) and i am going to get more of them but i wanted to see what others use and have had good luck with and where you got them from...i dont mind spending a couple extra bucks if the atty will last 6 months going strong like my old rn4081 did...which just died :( I dont really like the 1.5ohm 510's...they dont give me the flavor i like..i want to taste juice...not burnt stuff...so if anyone has any options and where they get their stuff it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone!

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I've been using a new 801 cartomizer ($2.49 @ madvapes)with a good report, only five days so far, but I'm testing the heck out of it!
So disappointed in attys scorching and going cold, best I can get with a regular 801 was three weeks, that was a rare one! I've baggies full of bad ones. In case I get creative and want to re-coil them someday. Nah. May be time for the re-cycle bag.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Ok...Ive tried 510's, lr510's, 801's, 901's, 905's, rn4081, rn4072, kr808d1 cartos...and so far the only one that has lasted a long time, provided great flavor, didnt get clogged a lot, and was versatile between voltages(which i only vary between 3.7-5v) and i am going to get more of them but i wanted to see what others use and have had good luck with and where you got them from

So, which one is that magical one? The 4081?

the vaporizer

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
New York
ya...the rn4081 i got with my copper almost 7 months ago just died like 2 days ago...it ALWAYS WORKED..and the flavor was phenomenal..it conserved juice great...vapor production was awesome...i ended up buying 5 rn4081's from esmokeclub.com but they all had a weird burnt taste...im so confused..i know there is two different versions of the rn4081 and i think the amazing one was one of the older models..im sure there are generic rn4081 attys that are make in various factories but i would love to find a place that has the ones that i had because it literally worked for 6 months non stop and i only cleaned it like 3 times....it was outstanding...i dont really like a harsh throat hit..i like i nice smooth hit which is why im not a big fan of the LR attys...plus ive heard from a lot of people that they dont last long and the ones that ive tried lasted anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks at most..

i am going to try and order some more attys from where i got the last one and see if they are the same but i emailed rick from atmosusa and he said he wasnt sure if they were..so im taking a gamble..

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The RN4081 is a very nice atomizer.

I might still be using it instead of my 510 if I had gotten a manual battery with it to begin with.
But it gets a really bad rap here, because most people that get one also get an automatic battery with it.

Then they blame the atomizer when the battery is really the problem.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Pobably not much hlep to you but I am using Cisco LR306's from VaporFlow. If you don't like a warmer vape and want to conserve juice you pobably won't be too into these. I can not attest to the longevity since I got the order about 2.5 weeks ago. The first one I opened is still going strong the other 4 all ohmed out at 1.5 - 1.45.

the vaporizer

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
New York
Pobably not much hlep to you but I am using Cisco LR306's from VaporFlow. If you don't like a warmer vape and want to conserve juice you pobably won't be too into these. I can not attest to the longevity since I got the order about 2.5 weeks ago. The first one I opened is still going strong the other 4 all ohmed out at 1.5 - 1.45.

i think ive tried a 306 before but i dont know if it was one of cisco's LR306 atys...maybe il pick one of and give it a shot!

the vaporizer

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
New York
The RN4081 is a very nice atomizer.

I might still be using it instead of my 510 if I had gotten a manual battery with it to begin with.
But it gets a really bad rap here, because most people that get one also get an automatic battery with it.

Then they blame the atomizer when the battery is really the problem.

I gave up on the regular ecig batts about a month into vaping..i now use my Buzz and P16 exclusively...and i stay between 3.8-4.5volts and i usuaslly stay at or around 4 volts..thats seems to the sweet spot for me and the rn4081 seems to work good anywhere above 3.9volts..anything less seems to be a struggle for it but anything above is great...

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA

the vaporizer

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
New York
I like the Joye 302 from Electronic Cigarette Supplies & Electronic Cigarette Refills for Name-Brand Electronic Cigarettes! E-Cigs from LiteCigUSA I've had mine for 2 months and still works like new and is good at 3.7v- 5v. I don't vape any higher than 5 volts so I don't know how it would work at higher voltage. Wouldn't use it at less than 3.7v not enough vapor or TH with a 3.2v 510 or Riva/ Ego battery.

HMM...i might have to try that out! What type of threading does it have? Does it have a big/small/high/low bridge?

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
HMM...i might have to try that out! What type of threading does it have? Does it have a big/small/high/low bridge?

It takes an 801 threading, but you can buy a 510- 801 adapter for $4 I think. It is a low bridge atty and works great with 801 carts which are much bigger than the 510 carts and is also good for dripping.

the vaporizer

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
New York
It takes an 801 threading, but you can buy a 510- 801 adapter for $4 I think. It is a low bridge atty and works great with 801 carts which are much bigger than the 510 carts and is also good for dripping.

i already have a couple 801 threads...801's are usually my 2nd or 3rd choice among attys...good flavor but i find they leak and i go through a lot of juice...and sometimes they die fast on me...but i found a place that offers multipacks of 5 attys for $30 with free shipping and a FULL 6 month warranty...which you just cant beat for $30!!!!!!

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I have 510, m401, rn4081.
All have been very durable; lasting several months.
I have used M40x almost exclusively for one year.
The problem w/ m40x is hard draw but it's size and battery availability make it nice.
The 510 has nice easy draw but not conducive for dripping and the batteries fail more quickly.
The rn4081 can be modified for easy draw; I quit using it because of battery availability issues.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I have 510, m401, rn4081.
All have been very durable; lasting several months.
I have used M40x almost exclusively for one year.
The problem w/ m40x is hard draw but it's size and battery availability make it nice.
The 510 has nice easy draw but not conducive for dripping and the batteries fail more quickly.
The rn4081 can be modified for easy draw; I quit using it because of battery availability issues.

SmokeStik batts(RN4081) have the most cigarette like draw I've had from an e-cig. And the switch is an airflow sensor, so not set off by sound. They don't like dripping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread