Best batteries for low ohm vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubajake

Dec 10, 2014
south ga
I am just wanting to get some people opinion on batteries. Right now me and my brother have 2 Sony vtc4s and 2 Sony vtc5s. As I've read these are some of the best batteries and a lot of people love them. These batteries have served us well but they are starting to get nicked and the plastic on the top has melted in a couple places. The dailies we both use are around .08 to .07 ohms. Yes that is correct not a typo. I am running dual parallel 22 gauge 5 wrap coils and he is running 18 gauge dual coil 5 wrap coils. I want to know which batteries have the highest pulse amp rating.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I am just wanting to get some people opinion on batteries. Right now me and my brother have 2 Sony vtc4s and 2 Sony vtc5s. As I've read these are some of the best batteries and a lot of people love them. These batteries have served us well but they are starting to get nicked and the plastic on the top has melted in a couple places. The dailies we both use are around .08 to .07 ohms. Yes that is correct not a typo. I am running dual parallel 22 gauge 5 wrap coils and he is running 18 gauge dual coil 5 wrap coils. I want to know which batteries have the highest pulse amp rating.
You should really be in the 26650 battery size if you want to vape that low, the highest pulse discharge rating is kind of a toss up because no manufacturer actually publishes an exact pulse drain rating anywhere, it would be a liability if they were to do so. I am hopefully correctly assuming you have done all of the proper research for battery safety, I dabble with some .06 builds and I ONLY use VTC5's when I am building that low because it's the only battery I truly trust in 18650 size to comfortably output over 60A for less than 5 seconds, but I do not recommend anyone personally vape every day with an 18650 at .06, you REALLY need to bump up to 26650 at that point.

I'm going to let you respond to me before I decide to delve any deeper on the subject because first I want to be sure that you know what you are doing and just how close to the absolute limits you are getting in the 18650 battery size.

Plooom

Moved On
Dec 3, 2014
Ohms law calculator app on your phone will save your mods, even possibly your life. I know it sounds dramatic but seriously. I understand the allure that sub ohm vaping has. However you have to have a full understanding of what rebuilding is, ohm's law, and knowledge of batteries. You DO NOT want to vent a battery. I sure dont want to read about a poster venting their battery trying to pull more power. It's just not worth it. I don't ever go below .2 Ohm with my batteries. I could go down to a .15ohm if I wanted to but its just not worth it. If you want to build super sub ohm meaning .2 and below I would get a regulated box mod.

arc323

Jan 2, 2015
Denver, CO
Just to add to this... I was using a Panzer clone that I noticed would get very hot on the bottom when I used 22g wire in my builds. I was a noob at the time so I went to my local shop where I bought the device from and they said it was normal. Well, one day I took a puff and sat the device down for a moment. I'm not sure what happened but when i picked it up to take another puff I pushed the bottom button and immediately burned my finger pretty severely. I grabbed a towel and removed the battery which was also pretty hot. Not sure it the button got stuck or what but I went out later that day and bought an authentic mod from another shop. I haven't had that problem ever again.

Two lessons:
1. If you're going to build low, make sure you have good equipment.
2. Don't build low until you know exactly what you are doing.

Just my 2 cents...

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω

is this with a parallel box mod?

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK

Ok, these are the threads that make me go HMMM!

The only battery you could safely use the way you are building is a lead acid battery, specifically one designed to be used in an Uninteruptable power Supply.

A lithium ion battery small enough to use in a mech is not safe at these resistances....

And by doing so, you no longer have mechs, you my unlucky friend are now carrying a pipe bomp, and it will go boom one day...

But don't listen to me, I've only been maintaining battery systems for 15 years, I don't have a clue what I am talking about...

Siochanai

Verified Member
In all honesty to the OP using a mech mod with a build below 0.09 ohms is very stupid even if using Sony VTC batteries. The odds of a pipe bomb are actually very low if you have a properly designed mech. IMR batteries chemical composition has a lower chance to pop like a UltraFire non IMR would. This however does not mean it is safe. I never go and never will even consider going below 0.09 ohms on a single battery. If you really want these 0.08 - 0.07 60 amp pull builds for god sakes use a brain and get a parallel unregulated box with a mosfet in it. At least this way if you use sony's each battery only has the max 30 amps on it. Also if you do screw up the mosfet will fail and keep you and your batteries safe.

Battery safety is important. Sub Ohm builds can be dangerous even more so when pushing near the dead short resistance ranges like you are. Heck even the best multimeter out there have a +/- 0.1 ohm deviation on them for accuracy.

Reactions: Dissonance
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread