Best battery charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
As long as the charger is branded, such as the ones you've mentioned, the only option left for you to consider is how many bays you need.

I use a box mod which requires i use two batteries at a time so really i only need a dual bay charger. So i have an Xtar VC2. Funny though, when i first got it i tried using an extension lead and it, for some reason, wouldn't charge with the maximum power it was capable of. Once i removed the extra cable and just used the one it came with it started charged with it's maximum potential. Great charger !. It also wouldn't charge with maximum potential if i used a usb port from my laptop.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
You're not going to do a lot better than Nitecore or Xtar without spending a ton of bucks. I own both a D4 and a VC4, as well as a Nitecore I4 (and an Xtar MC1, and...). I personally prefer the D4/I4, depending on whether you want the fancy display or not; that's the only difference between them I can see. The VC4 is an excellent charger and I think it has both better electronics and battery data as well as faster charging compared to the Nitecore parts. However, I find it too annoying to use in practice. It's so sensitive to input voltage, it will slow charging down into the 1-200mAh range, or even stop charging completely, if it catches a tiny voltage ripple. You have to reboot it to make it go full steam again. All that FWIW. Either one will do nicely. They are all good chargers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread