External Charger - Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Smok-er

Feb 5, 2018
Hi friends, im currently using Nitecore D2 which allows me to charge 2 18650s. Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately the charge time is between 5-7 hours.

I really need an external charger to charge 4 18650s to save time.

Can anyone recommend? I rather pay extra to get the best and safest.. So not looking for cheap options when it comes to batteries or chargers.

Thanks in advance.

X-Smok-er

Feb 5, 2018
Howdy!
I have been using my Nitecore D4 4 bay charger for about 3 years now with out any issues. It's true it takes awhile to charge batteries but, it extends the battery life if they are charged the right way.
Cheers for your response @Winchester. How long do 4 18650s batteries take to charge if they are all charged at once?

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
A couple of analyzing chargers that are good are the liitokala lii-500 & the opus bt c3100. They can give you an idea of how your cells are performing. Xtar makes a host of good chargers, the VC4 & VP4 are both solid 4-bay choices. Miboxer C4-12 is capable of charging 3amps over all 4 bays so you’d be hard pressed to find a faster charger, although charging an 18650 cell at 3amps should only be used when in an extreme hurry because if done frequently you will significantly lessen the cells life. Finally here is a link to an excellent resource for charger and battery reviews not to mention flashlights and other odds and ends. Flashlight information

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I would really like to charge my LG HG2s at 1amp. I have been reading that lifespan of 0.5 amp vs 1 amp charge will not be too noticeable.. Id rather have my batteries charged twice as quick and lose a few charge cycles..

I suspect the Nitecore chargers will not facilitate 1 amp charges for 4 batteries each?
I have the liitokala lii-500 and I’m very happy with it. It can charge 1amp over all 4 bays plus you can run a mah test on your batteries to see how many they have. It’s also pretty inexpensive, I think I paid $25-30 from fasttech. It can charge pretty much any rechargeable battery and it offers a couple different charge rates so if you have smaller batteries you can pick a lower amp rate. Solid charger and it gets good reviews from people that can judge the technical aspects of this charger. Good luck finding a charger that works for you.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
xtar.jpg
Love mine

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use a nitcore intellecharger 2 bay, my batteries charge fairly swiftly. If you have a charger already that isn't charging fast enough for your liking, you could use it as a 2 bay charger and get another two bay charger? Easier to deal with battery "marriages" and you would have a backup if one breaks, although certainly, if cost isn't an issue, you've gotten some good recommendations (although I guess you have your current charger as a backup if needed). I don't charge batteries often enough to need more than what I have (which I'm pretty happy with).

Best of luck deciding!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Can anyone recommend? I rather pay extra to get the best and safest.. So not looking for cheap options when it comes to batteries or chargers.
All chargers are a bit different, often times you might want to sacrifice a little charging speed for obtaining more informational features.
Please read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/guide-to-choosing-a-battery-charger.7607/
Flashlight information
Newest: Best 18650 Battery Chargers For Vaping 2017
Just, hit "like" at bottom right hand corner of this post if you need any more information and I (or someone else) can read your question and get back to you.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If you need 4-bay capability and consider your charger(s) to be "critical facilities," consider getting two 2-bays instead of one 4-bay. If one of the 2-bay chargers fails on you, the other can charge batteries while the first's replacement is being shipped.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just to add to the thread, i have 2 Nitecore 4 bay D4 chargers and they work a treat, never had any issues with them in the 3 yrs ive been using them. Am thinking of getting another one as i do have rather a lot of batteries. Depending on the capacity of the batteries being charged, the charging time is approx 5 hours.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I would really like to charge my LG HG2s at 1amp. I have been reading that lifespan of 0.5 amp vs 1 amp charge will not be too noticeable.. Id rather have my batteries charged twice as quick and lose a few charge cycles..

I suspect the Nitecore chargers will not facilitate 1 amp charges for 4 batteries each?
    The Efest Luc V4 will charge four batteries simultaneously at 1 amp.

Efest_Luc_V4_2_1024x1024.jpg

• Useful
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread