Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
With any variable voltage device. The best cartomizer to use on them would be standard resistance (SR) which is around 2.8-3 ohms. This will allow you to utilize the full range of voltages.

As for brands...I would suggest that you buy one of each if that's possible. This will allow you the opportunity to form your own opinions of which one is the best fit for you.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I've tried Boge, Ikenvapeand Smoktech. All 3 ohm roughly.

This is PERSONAL experience account, many will disagree and have opposite options.

The ikenvapes I got were not prepunched to use for a tank. I punched them myself no problem and they hit like a champ, unfortunately this model (maybe all IKV.. don't know) has no flange or lip.. So with my haste I usually end up pulling the whole thing through and spilling like 5ml of juice into my lap lol

I've heard some people rant and rave about Boge, and others say they're no good. My experience with5 pack was enough to push me towards the latter of not liking them ...

The two hole punched 3ohm single coil cartos from smoktech are my favorites probably ... I've used 50/50 juice 70pg/30pg and just plain old PG with no problems.

Like many other good cartos, a lot of retailers are out of stock on these.. I actually have a thread asking about retailers for those Smoktechs. Provapes site has them available but they're like $3 a piece LOL!

On my iPhone with Tapatalk

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Agreed, I can say I have never had issue with the carts or carto tanks made by Smoktech. I do I buy all of them from myfreedomsmokes.com where the quality is great and their customer service is awsome.
I have been using their new and improved tanks with the chrome and screw lockdown. They have them at a great price and I own several with 0 issues. SmokTech 6.0ml U-DCT - New & Improved DCT - MyFreedomSmokes.com

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
I got boxes of unused cartos, Ikenvape and Boge. For some dumb reason I order them unpunched which I thought would be no big deal since I've punched my own before.. Well after my 4th carto and still get the burnt, gurgle and flooding I switched to a Kanger t3 which I got for xmas.. It was set a side as a back up.. Well I love it.. So much I order 3 more plus replacement heads.. Now all my tanks and unopened cartos are now backups.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
+1 for the Ikenvape Platinum, punched. The only thing I don't like about these is they are frequently out of stock. I get at least 2-3 additional refills with these in my IBTanks. Nice flavor production, too.

I've tried two of the Ikenvape Fusion 801's. They need a 510-801 adaptor to use. First was a total dud (it happens). The second one vapes great. After 4 days of intermittant use in a tank, I can't tell any difference from the Platinums. There are now 510 Fusions listed on the website, but they are out of stock, too. (go figure :facepalm:)

My choice in carto prior to the Platinums, and now my backups, are the Smoktek single coil tank replacements 3.0 ohm in either one or two laser-drilled holes. Flavors not as pronounced as the Platinums, and a couple of DOA's out of perhaps 30 cartos. Not as long lasting as the Platinums, generally speaking.

Zodas

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2011
columbus ohio
I just opened up a Smoktech carto today that wouldnt wick for crap.

I get a few good hits from the juice I forced into the atty when filling the carto...but after that it never wicks on its own and starts tasting horrid.

Ill try ordering from a different place because this has been a common occurrence for me. When they work they are awesome though!

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I wish Ikenvape would restock. The ones I got and punched myself worked amazingly.. But I've had good luck with Smoktechs so far too.

My original order from Provape on my Provari and accessories, the originals they sent were no good, but they sent a new pack of Smoktechs and those are working good.

On my iPhone with Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread