Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
My mother in law (82 yrs old) wants to try and put down the cigarettes and try an ecig but I don't think the changing coil heads and juice filling will work for her so I want to look for something for her that is the best bang for her buck where she can just use a prefilled carto and screw it on and vape. I will have to end up buying refills online and sending to her via mail as she does not really drive much anymore so something that is easy to get but is quality. I have not looked into the cigs likes in a long while and when I started vaping u used blus but I think there are better ones out there. I know the battery capacity is going to be sacrificed but for the convienance of it and since I live a couple of hours away I want her to have something she won't get frustrated with. I would love to get her something where the battery last longer than the cig a likes like the blus
thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Plenty of people will probably recommend Smokeless image Volt, Halo G6 or Joyetech Eroll. The only problem I see for you is buying prefilled replacement cartridges is going to become quite expensive. If money is not an issue then I would suggest buying 5, 10 or 20 packs of Njoy disposables. They are (IMO) the closest thing to a real cigarette and would be easiest for her to simply pull out and use until dead. Then she wouldn't have to worry about charging, changing or refilling carts and be an easy and "satisfying" alternative.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
If you're looking into buying disposables, I've heard good things about the White Cloud Fling minis, and they often have sales where you can buy 20 of them for $1-$2 each.

If you're looking at cig-alikes with cartos, you'll get similar performance out of Halo, Volt, Bloog, Smoov, ect. I would also recommend the Sidesho by Modern Vapor. It's the same size as the Blu, but a slightly better battery (j108 vs. l88b). It's shorter, thinner and lighter than the other ones mentioned. And since it is the same size as Blu, she could have someone run out and buy a pack of cartos for her if she runs out and is in a bind.

Although you said you don't want to have to explain juice filling to her, I'm still going to suggest the eRoll. Juice filling isn't difficult with a needle bottle, and it more closely resembles the act of smoking than any other cig-alike I've tried. And long-term costs for you would be cheaper without having to buy and ship cartos all the time.

Good luck.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
If you're looking into buying disposables, I've heard good things about the White Cloud Fling minis, and they often have sales where you can buy 20 of them for $1-$2 each.

If you're looking at cig-alikes with cartos, you'll get similar performance out of Halo, Volt, Bloog, Smoov, ect. I would also recommend the Sidesho by Modern Vapor. It's the same size as the Blu, but a slightly better battery (j108 vs. l88b). It's shorter, thinner and lighter than the other ones mentioned. And since it is the same size as Blu, she could have someone run out and buy a pack of cartos for her if she runs out and is in a bind.

Although you said you don't want to have to explain juice filling to her, I'm still going to suggest the eRoll. Juice filling isn't difficult with a needle bottle, and it more closely resembles the act of smoking than any other cig-alike I've tried. And long-term costs for you would be cheaper without having to buy and ship cartos all the time.

Good luck.

I don't mind explaining it, the trick is for her to do it. At this point I am not sure she is going I to want. The erolls can use prefilled 510 cartos too right?
Or are there specific cartos for that? I am going to look them up now

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I am all most thinking of getting her some egos and the ce-4 clearomizers that she can just fill and vape but when it gets clogged she can toss it. Changing coils or heads is going to be what keeps her from using it. But if she could toss it when finished then it might work. I think she would be ok with filling the juice maybe. I do know that she wants the hit of a cigarette and good vapor. That will keep her on them. If she does not get the hit and or vapor then she will push it aside.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
I don't mind explaining it, the trick is for her to do it. At this point I am not sure she is going I to want. The erolls can use prefilled 510 cartos too right?
Or are there specific cartos for that? I am going to look them up now
No, the eRoll uses a tank and atomizer system similar to the eGo-C, 510-T, ect. It uses eGo-C atomizers and a proprietary connection. The good points about it are that you don't have to take it apart to charge it in the PCC. Since you said she doesn't leave the house much, she could get along fine with a bottle of juice with a needle tip and the eRoll and PCC.

And no offense, but even if you buy her nothing but disposables, she's going to have to put in some effort in order to make it work for her. I'm not saying the eRoll is the perfect solution for her. But it is the one I prefer out of the half a dozen cig-alikes I've tried, including Volt and the Sidesho. ;)

Good luck.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
No offense taken I do understand she is going to have to put forth some effort but she has very little energy and is not able to get around good so the easier the better in my mind. She said she wants something just like mine....well I know that won't work, I can just see her now trying to fiddle with the billet box, k 100, sigelei, kayfun, protanks etc.

I know for a fact that if she gets too frustrated with it she will put it aside, so just trying to figure out how to make her most successful. Mi am not real familiar with the eroll so going to look at some you tubes now. I do appreciate all the input!!! I went looking for the small ce clearomizers where you just toss when done but I can't find them anymore. My how things have changed since I started vaping and that was only 9 months or so ago.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
No offense taken I do understand she is going to have to put forth some effort but she has very little energy and is not able to get around good so the easier the better in my mind. She said she wants something just like mine....well I know that won't work, I can just see her now trying to fiddle with the billet box, k 100, sigelei, kayfun, protanks etc.

I know for a fact that if she gets too frustrated with it she will put it aside, so just trying to figure out how to make her most successful. Mi am not real familiar with the eroll so going to look at some you tubes now. I do appreciate all the input!!! I went looking for the small ce clearomizers where you just toss when done but I can't find them anymore. My how things have changed since I started vaping and that was only 9 months or so ago.

I started with cig-alikes and the charging drove me straight round the bend in less than a week but I needed them for the psychological comfort for a couple of months. I have a lot of larger gear now but have been using an eRoll for out and about for over a year. I love the fact that it is small, fiddle free and the PCC does not require me to give up my life to keep it charged.

The eRoll juice cartridges are very easy to fill using an Innokin U-Can or syringe. They are also very cheap. Buy a lot of them, fill them to send to your mom and have her send you her empties for you to refill for her if she is not willing to fill cartridges herself.

Also, the eRoll atties generally last a good long time. You could have your mom send you her dirty ones and you can clean, dry burn, re-wick and send those back to her.

Another alternative would be to give your Mom a couple of iTaste VV 3s and invest in enough mini Pro Tanks in order to keep the ones with dirty/clean heads in rotation in the mail. Your mom can fill the ProTanks out of a juice bottle which she might be more willing to do rather than fooling with a U-Can or syringe. I would also include a couple of NJOY Kings to see if she needs the cig-alike form factor for psychological comfort and to help with cigarette cravings.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Hands down any KR808d-1 type ecig ... There are plenty of rebranded 808's (Bloog, Smokeless image, Volt), and there is also the original 808 made by Kangertech, and my personal favorite. It's plain as all get out, but I have had Bloogs and Volts, so my vote is for Kanger if you can find them. 2nd to that would be a Bloog IMO.

Tempesta

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Maryland USA
I would recommend the Halo G6; you have a choice of prefilled or empty carts.(If she later decides she wants to, all the carts are refillable). Smokeless Image Volt is recommended by many folks here as well; again, you have a choice of prefilled or empty carts. The White Cloud Flings and Mini Flings are not refillable, but they are available in various flavors and nic strengths. They just had a holiday sale, but it may have ended.

Mapultz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
NC
Ok I think I am going to go with the halo G6 and also get her some mini tanks. Now to find a tabla co juice that resembles closer to a cigarette. I could not ever imagine vaping tobacco flavors anymore but she does not care for the sweet flavors

Thanks so much for everyone's help!!

The mini tanks produce some good vapor for a cig-a-like. Halo is a good company, and a lot of people around here swear by their juices.

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I commend you for helping her out. From what I'm readin here I can offer a suggestion... Yeah the disposables and cigs likes are kinda ok but we know their not great... You said she wanted one like yours.. Well consider it, she possibly could. My though is a bottom feeder mod. 6 ml bottle & It can be topped with a carto. She can pump it every few to keep the carto wet and replace it when it goes bad. There are many types of them reo being the best. Not sure if she has the hands for it but if she can light a lighter she probably can.

Not sure if you found this yet but here is another similar thread you can review.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...discussion/495209-need-advice-my-grandpa.html

Well I'll throw this link in.., check it out , I almost want one for myself..!

http://www.canvape.com/Boge-Revolution-v2-1-2-1-e-cig-bottom-feeder-juice-p/rev21.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread