Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Anybody know the best coil setup to get clouds upon clouds? The dragon coil isn't my forté, so besides that one.

Coil setups are just one part of it. Here's Rip's first video on cloud chasing technique. He has a second that you should be able to easily find from there. It's supposed to be a three part series but the last time I looked he didn't have the third one out. If you find it let us know :thumb:

A few other people have done vids on this topic too. Google is your friend here ;)

Last edited:

HazyDayz

Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
Chicago
Anybody know the best coil setup to get clouds upon clouds? The dragon coil isn't my forté, so besides that one.
I just built my first dragon coil today and I must say I'm surprised! I wanted to build the nano coil a bit less resistance but it came out to .5 and its chuckin!
Plenty airflow using my Mutation X so its really going.
Its a juice ..... but what build isn't for clouds?

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
Parallels are a good choice when it comes to vapor production. If you're talking about competition, build as low as they'll let you (Or as low as your battery can handle pulse wise if there is no restriction, do NOT go over your pulse rating. You can probably get away with it a few times without detrimental results, but this isn't something that's worth risking life and limb over, and .... will eventually happen). Also, lift your coils up a bit and use very little cotton (Enough to go from the coil to the deck, no cotton should be under your coil so that airflow can get all around it). I've also seen people that have good results with 18-20 gauge kanthal (simple micro coils) or gplat/similar wire. Centering your coils helps a lot too, since it makes it easier for you to line your airflow up perfectly & hit the coil head-on rather than at an angle.

Ayloxs

Oct 29, 2014
Pennsylvania, USA
If you're talking about competition, build as low as they'll let you (Or as low as your battery can handle pulse wise if there is no restriction, do NOT go over your pulse rating.

It is my understanding that the pulse rating for batteries is for a different type of operating enviornment entirely. For example, some LED flashlights use pulse current to achieve dimming, as opposed to decreasing voltage. The current and voltage remain constant, but the current is switched on/off quickly, with specific intervals between the pulses. To clarify, a 10-millisecond pulse per 100ms would result in 10% of the brightness of a continuous discharge of the same current/voltage. This is beacuse the final wattage being applied to the bulb is decreased, since it is only being energized for 1/10 of the time the that the switch is turned on. Higher-amperage pulse ratings are used as a maximum for these short bursts, however the average discharge (over time) should still not exceed the continuous rating of the battery.

The point to bring home: Never vape at a resistance that causes a draw above your battery's CONTINUOUS discharge rating! You're endangering everyone around you when you do.

Last edited:

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA

Damn you. I just watched 30 minutes worth of Riptripper spoofs. 31 minutes ago I didn't even know that was a thing. And they were all hilarious. I'mma build that Macro nano triceratops coil. I have to boil my organic cotton first though.

To answer the OP's question, I use parallel coils. If you have the batteries for it do 26 or 24 gauge as low a ohm's as you can WHILE STILL BEING BELOW THE CONTINUOUS DISCHARGE RATING FOR YOUR BATTERY. Ohm's law calculators are easy to find. Don't use too much wick. More airflow is better. Use PG-free juice. Roll up the windows in your car. Vape there. You'll have a VG film on your eyeballs in no time. :-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread