The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

best dna mod

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by NavyNut, Nov 27, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NavyNut

NavyNut Full Member

Sep 22, 2013
    l'ange-gardien, qc
    Well I currently am still using a rdna40 from vaporshark, its getting old so I'm looking for a spare battery that is as good or better. I want it to charge wirelessly, as vaporshark stopped producing some mods as its seems except for there flask I'm a bit lost with the new mods as I was satisfied with my rdna40 mod. Not looking for high wattage as I only use around 13w.
    Thanks.

2. Rockford

Rockford Super Member

Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    I got my eye on the LV Mirage, love the look, size, one batt, evlove chip and protection, whats not to like. I will have one soon

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. raqball

raqball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Depends on how much you want to spend.. I vape at low watts as well.. I have an can recommend the Lost Vape Paranormal 250c... Yes it's a dual battery mod with high watt output but nothing says you can't dial it down to whatever wattage you want...

I also have and highly recommend the Billet Box. It's a DNA 60 and has a 5ml internal tank. Great little unit but on the pricey side...

The Mirage recommended above is also a fantastic device. I've never owned one but just about everything made by Lost Vape is high quality... The Mirage is getting hard to find though so if you want one, you better order it fast (if you can even find them in stock) or be prepared to buy a used one...

On a side note, sadly the single battery mods are getting harder and harder to find. Especially high end mods.. Everything is going dual and everything is gearing towards high watt vaping..

I vape my Paranormal at 30w with a sub tank and a mesh coil. A little high for me but battery life from the dual is insane! The Billet Box I vape at about 14w with a kanger coil..

What I really dig about the Paranormal 250c is Replay mode.. Once you use it, it's hard to go back to not having it.. I also purchased the Orion Pod because it had Replay...

The Paranormal 250c can be found online for about $140 and the Billet Box starts at like $260...

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I'm extremely happy with my JAC Vapor series B DNA75W. So happy, that I bought a second one as a backup. Evolv DNA 75 watt chip. Extremely comfortable in the hand, and very pocket-friendly. Quite affordable for a DNA device. A single Samsung 30Q 3000mAh 15A battery lasts me nearly a full day at 30 watts.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 6, 2015
    my own mind
    Yeah my bud @DPLongo22 loves that mod. I have never used one but if DPL likes it then I know it's a good one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. NavyNut

NavyNut Full Member

Sep 22, 2013
    l'ange-gardien, qc
    Thanks for the replies, does any of those uses wireless charging ? I'm looking at the mirage att its on sale.

7. dc99

dc99 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Great little mod and since I build my own mods thats hard to admit.

• Like Like x 3
  8. smoked25years

smoked25years Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2018
    I don't know of any DNA mods with wireless charging.

I have the Mirage and it's great. It uses the 75C chipset and can take 21700 as well as 18650. What's the sale? I might want to buy another one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Orange jumpsuits... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    "Best" is such a funny word...

Find one that meets your needs, and that you like the look and feel of, and that will be your "best". Everything I've seen mentioned here could easily fit that bill, depending on what you like.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. raqball

Jan 22, 2010
    I looked a while back as I wanted one instead of the 250c (the 75c is suppose to be getting Replay) but could not find anything in stock from any US store... Probably even worse now as that search was over a month ago...

If I could fine one in stock from a reputable US seller I'd snag one... I don't trust anything coming from China (unless it's the manufacturer selling it) as I've seen far to many horror stories on clones being sold as authentic from China sellers...

If you happen to find a US seller with stock, please update...

• Like Like x 1
  11. NavyNut

NavyNut Full Member

Sep 22, 2013
    l'ange-gardien, qc
    Too bad none has wireless charging like my vaporshark, I went with the mirage its 99$cad at this time, the paranormal looks great and was the same price for the 75c but its sold out. Bought a Samsung 21700 to go with it also.

• Like Like x 3
  12. raqball

Jan 22, 2010
    Awesome! Lets up know how you like it after it arrives.. I assume this was a Canadian shop you purchased from? I can't find anyone in the US that has stock of the Mirage. Some US shops still have limited amounts of Paranormal's...

• Like Like x 1
  13. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Moved On

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    The best dna mod is any dna mod :banana:

• Like Like x 1
  14. NavyNut

NavyNut Full Member

Sep 22, 2013
    l'ange-gardien, qc
    yeah a Canadian shop, I hope its as reliable as my current one, I've used it for a good 3-4 years now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. raqball

Jan 22, 2010
    Lost Vape makes quality gear so I doubt you'll have any issues...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Moved On

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    The Village Vaporette had a few in stock the last time I was there. It's a Canadian shop too.

17. Rockford

Rockford Super Member

Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    what shop is it?

18. Solaire

Solaire Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2017
    I haven't bought a DNA chipped mod for a while , I have the Therion " range" mods and a couple of Vaporsharks , the last DNA I bought was the LV Skar , it takes 18650 and 26650 singles.
    I find myself buying more YIHI sx mods lately because I find the chipset easier to use than the DNA;s
    Both are awesome i'm just gravitating towards SX . YMMV and it will,,,lol.

19. raqball

Jan 22, 2010
    I loved the SX Mini S class and M class! Then YiHi went and screwed up their design with that goofy joystick and massively sized mods (I'm looking at you series T) ...

I found a joint that has a band new S class and was actually thinking about snarfing it up. The only downside to the S and M class was the coin needed to replace the battery but man, they were killer mods!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. smoked25years

smoked25years Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2018
    Hope you like it. Every RBA seems to taste better on the Mirage than my non-DNA mods. I had heard that claim from others but didn't believe it until now. One criticism is that you have to pull the battery door latch closed. It doesn't latch on it's own. I don't know if it is true but I've heard that allowed them to make the mod shorter. It's only a hair taller than the Jac Vapour (18650 only) even though the Mirage can hold a larger 21700. The battery compartment is made of solid resin so it is very light.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.