Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I used TC since it was a 'Ni or Ti' thing. Learned about TCR, managing resistance, made the leap to SS430. Still, I'd have to change the wattage or temp pretty often to get roughly the same vapor.
Then
*Angels and Trumpets*
Replay mode entered and all pretenders fell by the wayside.

Slap a tank on, take two hits, press Replay, vape.

What could possibly be easier or better than that? Get a 'C' dna chipped mod and vape happily ever after.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I used TC since it was a 'Ni or Ti' thing. Learned about TCR, managing resistance, made the leap to SS430. Still, I'd have to change the wattage or temp pretty often to get roughly the same vapor.
Then
*Angels and Trumpets*
Replay mode entered and all pretenders fell by the wayside.

Slap a tank on, take two hits, press Replay, vape.

What could possibly be easier or better than that? Get a 'C' DNA chipped mod and vape happily ever after.

Before the C I had profiles for all my builds made in eScribe on all the mods. With the C series, I can set up an entire profile right on the mod without eScribe, but what I really like is a temperature dominant Replay profile. I can use that with any tank with any build and have it dialed in with a few draws. Saves all that time in Device Monitor to get everything looking nice and smooth.

And if I do want to see curves I can right on the mod with the temp dominant Replay profile so I can take a quick peek to see if something funky is going on as the vape doesn't seem quite right, but that's a rarity these days.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
What the general consensus on the Rebel 75c? I have been looking mostly for a single 18650 box mod but the Rebel also accepts 20650. I need one I don't have to worry bout scratches.
If you do a search online, the comments are not good. Nothing wrong with the DNA75C part, but battery connections are not solid, the 3D printed push buttons do not fit well into the mod. So they do not feel well when you press the buttons. I don't know Tinben, for that kind of money, it was a really good idea. But it sounds like it was not executed too well.

You know if you still want to go this route. How about the Vapecige VTX200 Squonk Starter Kit? It is much cheaper and sports the DNA250C board. Does everything the DNA75C does and a lot more. Sadly it only uses a pair of 18650s though. I've seen the Vapecige VTX200 at 3AVape for $113.99 which are in China. The US vendor doesn't have them yet. But they are Element Vape and they list them at $94.95.

Last edited:

Tinben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Tn
If you do a search online, the comments are not good. Nothing wrong with the DNA75C part, but battery connections are not solid, the 3D printed push buttons do not fit well into the mod. So they do not feel well when you press the buttons. I don't know Tinben, for that kind of money, it was a really good idea. But it sounds like it was not executed too well.

You know if you still want to go this route. How about the Vapecige VTX200 Squonk Starter Kit? It is much cheaper and sports the DNA250C board. Does everything the DNA75C does and a lot more. Sadly it only uses a pair of 18650s though. I've seen the Vapecige VTX200 at 3AVape for $113.99 which are in China. The US vendor doesn't have them yet. But they are Element Vape and they list them at $94.95.

i just thought that looked like a tough mod. Being the clumsy person I am and working construction I need durability. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread