Best ecig battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
The threads sorta helps but I'm looking for a battery (that lasts long), not a replacement from the same company. Rather, a battery that lasts long that are the same look-a-like that fits snuggly into my pocket and leather slide pouch.

Remember, I have instead and elite that are the same look, and works well with the charger from elite themselves. The only issue from the two was the atomizers, but other than that I'm ok with them being different since I ordered one from Joanna.

Regardless what model I'm looking for, just looking for high battery capacity power of the same size. Nothing insane or huge, just simple.
There's always a trade off between battery life and size. You will have to settle for a longer battery at the least.

The KR808 mega battery you linked to is the longest-life batt in a "cigarette shape" and diameter. It's 380mah and ~4.25" long including the thread, before adding a cartomizer. (For comparison: KR808 standard is 280mah, 510 mega is 280mah, 510 regular is 180mah, 901 regular is 180 mah).

However, the KR808 is not compatible with your atomizers if you've got a DSE103, from anything I can find. (The DSE103 is, though, compatible with RN4081s...but those, AFAIK, don't get you any better batt life.) It's not just the "screw-in/out" atomizer issue, it's the shape of the threads that varies and makes many models incompatible with one another. For some models you can buy adapters (say, an adapter for a KR808 battery to a 510 atomizer) but I've never seen adapters for the DSE103 to fit other batteries.

So if you want the longest-life battery without trying a battery mod*, you'll have to get a KR808d-1 Mega battery + cartomizers to use with it**. Personally, I like the KR8s a lot and the cartomizers (cartridge+atomizer unit) are longer-lasting per fill than cartridges from any other model I've found. You save a lot if you learn to fill/refill the cartomizers yourself and buy bulk blanks rather than always buy prefilled.

Nhaler's a great shop (and the Drewbacco liquids are reputedly excellent). GoodProphets also has the KR808 (known there as the Vaporite). If you're willing to wait for registered airmail (the cheapest option), Heaven Gifts has KR808d-1 stuff and inexpensive cartomizers, but they're a Chinese seller, so shipping takes a while. Vapor4Life sells their version of the KR808d-1, dubbed the Vapor King, and they have the Mega batteries plus a ton of cartomizer flavors. All of these are reliable sellers; Nhaler, GP and V4L have subforums here you can check out.

Lastly, if you want more information on your model (and assuming it's a DSE103...which I am not certain of myself) then there is an RN4081 model specific subforum that talks about the 103 as well.

Good 'nuff?

*Which aren't that expensive if you consider that you won't be dropping money on replacement batteries, and you'll save the annoyance of frequent battery changes. The slimmest 3.7v (like a regular ecig in terms of batt power, just much longer life) mod I know is the Protege from PureSmoker. Janty just release the eGo, which apparently gets serious battery life.
**Several places sell a Universal USB Charger for relatively cheap that any battery will push into and charge. That'll work for your KR808s, no need to buy a whole KR808d-1 kit...and the kits only come with the regular 280mah batts anyway.

Icey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
Skokie
*Which aren't that expensive if you consider that you won't be dropping money on replacement batteries, and you'll save the annoyance of frequent battery changes. The slimmest 3.7v (like a regular ecig in terms of batt power, just much longer life) mod I know is the Protege from PureSmoker. Janty just release the eGo, which apparently gets serious battery life.
**Several places sell a Universal USB Charger for relatively cheap that any battery will push into and charge. That'll work for your KR808s, no need to buy a whole KR808d-1 kit...and the kits only come with the regular 280mah batts anyway.

This is wonderful information and I thank you for that. Where can I get the 3.7v? Are these compatable with the volt chargers I have? The charger I have is the input: 100-240v. The type of cig I have I guess are the dse103, if it helps, would you prefer I upload the pictures of my elitelight cig?

They're the same thing as the insteadcig of the link I provided. I'll check thme out and see if they can help me.

Well, I just looked at these fellas and they have the batteries with buttons on it. I'm not a big fan of those. I'm the type of fella that carries a lot of stuff in my pocket to work, so not sure if bumping them buttons in my pocket helps. That would result to damaging the mechanism.

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread