best Ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

morph

Aug 16, 2011
Canada
this prolly been asked millions of times, but at the moment I have the Green smoke and I got the ego-t 1000 and 650 on its way, I was wondering what is the best 2 piece and 3 piece e-cig in your opinion thats out, funds isnt a concern Im looking for a cig that has the BEST vapes, good throat hit without adding stuff to the liquid, I really want a 2 piece as that seems the most convenient but a budy got the ego-t and says its the best and bashes all 2 piece ecigs saying there for beginners, so what is you opinion on the best thats out there?, thanks in advance, so all you pros out there school me on what I need to know pls :)

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
An ego can be a two piece as well if you use cartomizers. You have a lot more options with an ego battery- you can try tanks, clearomizers, dual coil cartos CE2's, drip.

It's personal preference. There isn't a best, just whats best for you.

Rule of thumb is 1 hour per 100 mah of continous vaping. Obviously with bigger batteries, more vaping between charges. Bigger batteries mean bigger pvs. So the size is different.

The word 'best' is a bit too general to cover with so many shapes and styles of PVs out there. Where do you usually vape? how long are you away from a power outlet? do you expect your PV to last all day between overnight charges or just through one sitting? all of these questions and many more go into the answer you're looking for.
If you're looking for 2 piece PVs (I'm guessing you mean cartomisers), then the dual coil cartos are getting a LOT of hype recently. only the 510 connection ones have really caught my eye, so I'd suggest picking up a TITAN or eGo to vape wth these. If you don't mind a little more fuss, there are clearomizers and tank mods that can give you much more time between refills and offer a pretty good vape. Dripping with a low resistance atty and a drip tip is also a popular method, but requires you have a bottle or dropper of liquid nearby.
If this doesn't answer your question, fill me in a little bit more on how you vape and I'll be happy to help! =]

DerekUrban

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2011
Fort Myers, Florida
Well... first of all, "2 Piece" and "3 piece" refer to whether or not the whole shebang is using a cartomizer (2 piece) or an atomizer + Cartridge/Drip Tip/Tank (3 piece). Your battery is piece 1, and whatever you attach to it defines the rest. So that's another thing altogether, and definitely doesn't say anything in regards to whether a person is a beginner or not.

As for "best," that's way subjective, it'll be different for each person, but Green Smoke isn't it for many. The eGo-t should work out great for you, though the tank system does occasionally have some leaking issues and seems to be a bit of a hassle (in my opinion).

Generally speaking, you're going to start mixing your hardware. There will be multiple set ups for different occasions. Cartomizers (2-piece VP with the battery) are great when you're on the go, and personally I always use them in lieu of an atomizer + Cartridge set up. Dripping onto an atty with a drip tip is great for relaxed vaping sessions, with great flavor - and it doesn't look half bad either. The Tank + Atomizer set up is a good one too, though the technology could use some progression in my opinion.

I would suggest exploring what you're getting first, then ordering a few packs of various cartomizers, atomizers and whatever else peaks your interest and finding out what works best for YOU.

...and I'm not even going to start on juice.

lithiumdaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
I had an ego t and my tank atomizer required frequent through cleaning and now only keep the batteries around for backup. I myself went thru 5 tube mods then bought a reo grand from reosmods.com. Since I purchased the grand I've sold ALL my tubes off. The Reo grand is a bottom feeder... It holds 6ml liquid and I use an AW 2900 mAh battery with a Lr 306. It works for me! If you like tube type modles, check out the Icon from Puresmoker. Good luck...try a mod!!! :)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Any popular-threading 2-piece ecig can be a 2-piece with blank cartomizers. And if the model has a big battery (450mah+) then it can use the hotter LR (low resistance) atomizers and cartomizers (ones under 2.5 ohms).

You can either use big batteries and put different resistance on it to get different amounts of heat, or you can buy variable voltage and crank up the voltage to get different amounts of heat.

Nicotine is hit, juices high in PG let through hit, flavor and nicotine's irritation the best, heat enhances hit
VG is thick, dulls what PG lets through, adds more visible vapor

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
morph, you'll get different answer for the "best" e-cig. Some people like batts that run forever and generate lots of volts to vape with. Others are perfectly fine with a regular 510 or KR808. Yet others, like me, settle in between with a 650-1100 mAh batt, such as eGo types, that lasts half to one day or more. More power does give you more TH, but little batts can fill your room with vapor too if you vape 100% VG juice.

I'm fine using a 3-piece, batt + atty + cart with blue foam because I find attys last me a while (cheap) and are easy to clean. Many folks swear by the 2-piece and cartos are more convenient. I've stayed away from tanks because I think the technology isn't quite there, that's just me.

You will determine the "best" e-cig for you after trying some variations. Just like juice, everyone's preference is different.

Last edited:

morph

Aug 16, 2011
Canada
I dont mind carrying extra batts around at all,Ill just get a case and have 3-4 batts in it and that should be good for a day at the least, see I dont want to have to clean that atomizer all the time, IMO thats a hassle, all I want is something that will give me GREAT vapes and good power at the same time be nice and compact, I dont wanna be vaping a huge pipe when I go out or at home, how about this, it would be GREAT if you all can name the TOP 3 IN YOUR OPINION of 2 piece and 3 piece (i know there is so many out there but if you can try your best that would help alot). Looks/style is always good too :D, also Im a heavy smoker too and not really trying to quit smoking just yet, I want to vape where smoking is prohibited so im looking for the closes thing to it as well

example: (with a small negative/positive feedback post beside it would be nice too if you can)

2 piece:

1. ++++
2. ++++
3. ++++

~~~~~~~~

3 piece:

1. ++++
2. ++++
3. ++++

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Since you qualified "best" with the terms throat hit and for most, consistency is a big plus, then I would definitely consider a variable volt model with "regulated boost circuit" technology. There are only a few in that category. The one I prefer is the Darwin. 21+ hours on a charge for a heavy vaper, last inhale before needing a recharge is just as good/same as the first one right off the charger, doubles as a pass-through, great throat hit, can use any atty/carto/tank and dial in the power setting that works best for that atty and has a full, two year warranty at no extra charge. Also, it senses the resistence change in the atty/carto as you vape and adjusts the power level automatically.

Nhaler

Darwin Reveiw: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ressions-newest-pre-production-prototype.html

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I dont mind carrying extra batts around at all,Ill just get a case and have 3-4 batts in it and that should be good for a day at the least, see I dont want to have to clean that atomizer all the time, IMO thats a hassle, all I want is something that will give me GREAT vapes and good power at the same time be nice and compact, I dont wanna be vaping a huge pipe when I go out or at home, how about this, it would be GREAT if you all can name the TOP 3 IN YOUR OPINION of 2 piece and 3 piece (i know there is so many out there but if you can try your best that would help alot). Looks/style is always good too :D, also Im a heavy smoker too and not really trying to quit smoking just yet, I want to vape where smoking is prohibited so im looking for the closes thing to it as well

example: (with a small negative/positive feedback post beside it would be nice too if you can)

2 piece:

1. ++++
2. ++++
3. ++++

~~~~~~~~

3 piece:

1. ++++
2. ++++
3. ++++

You apparently know what you want, so you should get that.

For me, I've tried KR808's (Smoke Tip, V4L, Volt) 510 mini, Ego. Never tried a mod. The best for me is an Ego with LR cartomizer- boge or DCC or echo-e carto. Performance is the best, longevity of the battery is the best and most economical. I use the extra money to buy a bunch of juice I end up not liking. :laugh: Runner up would be a 510 now that I've been off cigs for awhile.

What's best for you may be different. I don't know your smoking habits.

reprisal

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2011
South Carolina
IDK how anyone can say ego style when funds aren't a concern. Sure its a GREAT improvement over cig sized devices but far from the best. If every PV was free, how many would choose egos? If price doesn't matter, you're going to want variable voltage with long battery life. The top two are the provari and darwin imo.

Regulated mods like these do not drop in voltage like egos do as they are used. You set your desired voltage and the first vape on a new battery will be the exact same as the last vape before the battery dies.

Last edited:

morph

Aug 16, 2011
Canada
ok I just im gonna have to try, Im sure ill go through about 5 of them before I find whats the best for ME. @reprial ill look into the provari and darwin, thx bro, I will see how the ego works....if it ever comes I ordered it from Heaven-gifts, I wonder if the ones that are in Canada are the real thing as I was told that there are a lot of knock offs any one has a recommendation of a good Canadian site to order from?

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA

2 piece:

1. ++++
2. ++++
3. ++++

~~~~~~~~

3 piece:

1. ++++
2. ++++
3. ++++

See you are asking people for the best... This is far too general. Now you are asking what is the best of the mini batts? This is a big difference. Mini batteries are generally all the same. Green smoke is one of the price gougers. It is a proprietary battery they charge double event triple what it's worth. There are only 3 things to consider with mini batts. 1. Mah rating of the battery. 2. regulated or not. 3. 510 or kr808

The problem with your question is that all mini ciglike batteries are essentially the same with only two worth looking at.

The two main types of ciglike batteries worth mentioning are a 510, and kr808. The 510 is regulated to 3.2v. The kr808 is unregulated starting at 4.2v and dropping to 3.2 as you use it. From what you said I would get a kr808. It gives a better hit and has a higher mah rating than 510. This only takes care of the device department. I am not even going to try and tell you the best carto or atty to use. That is completely up to you. All you will get asking a question like "whats the best carto" Is 30 different answers which include every option out there... Why not just go start trying them. And also the device you already have is pretty much the same as any other mini battery. The only way you will get a different vape is to move into the larger battery devices, with varying carto, atty combinations. I wish it was as easy as asking whats the best____? But it is just not.

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
If you like the size and convenience of the eGo looks, consider the Riva Special Edition, Kgo or E-Power. They give a warmer vape experience than the eGo. I believe( someone correct me if I'm wrong, I don't use eGos anymore) the Kgo is aneGo, just more voltage like the others. Rivas use the same charger as eGo, not sure about Kgo, and E-Power is a battery that comes out for charging.
I have 3.7 box mod, a 5v NHaler a lot of cig look alikes, regular Rivas and Riva SE's. Each of these serves a different purpose. At public events, look a likes are accepted. Traveling I feel Riva is best, at home or in the car I like the 5v.
I do agree about the Darwin being something you should try if funds are no concern. I've used that one too. It is well made, durable, and you can easily turn a dial to find what pleases you for flavor/ TH etc. But it's looks may raise eyebrows at public functions and such.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
ok I just im gonna have to try, Im sure ill go through about 5 of them before I find whats the best for ME. @reprial ill look into the provari and darwin, thx bro, I will see how the ego works....if it ever comes I ordered it from Heaven-gifts, I wonder if the ones that are in Canada are the real thing as I was told that there are a lot of knock offs any one has a recommendation of a good Canadian site to order from?

That's what a lot of us has gone through too. Even if you do find something that you like. Chances are you'll get another one anyways LOL. I already have 7 pv's and I have a feeling my collection is going to grow in the future .

Anyways, you can check the canadian section of this forum since you already have over 5 posts:

Canada Forum

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
If every PV was free, how many would choose egos? If price doesn't matter, you're going to want variable voltage with long battery life. The top two are the provari and darwin imo.

Regulated mods like these do not drop in voltage like egos do as they are used. You set your desired voltage and the first vape on a new battery will be the exact same as the last vape before the battery dies.

If and when you start looking at VV mods, definitely look at notcigs' BuzzPro as well. Not as slick and techy as the Darwin or the Provari, not so many bells and whistles, but an excellent, dependable, sturdy and satisfying VV mod all the way around - for a lot less money. There are a lot of great reviews both on his website and here on the forum and his sub-forum, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread