Best e-cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickard

Aug 14, 2010
Washington
Two piece vs. three piece is very subjective. Some people use cartomizers (2pc) exclusively while others swear by atomizers (3pc). Cartomizers will hold a lot more liquid than a cartridge on an atomizer, so they're convenient for when you're out on the go. I've found myself switching between the two. For a while I was using cartomizers exclusively, but lately I've been dripping atomizers.

Manual means there's a switch on the battery you have to press in order to heat up the atomizer. An auto will use a microphone or pressure switch (KR808) to detect when you're inhaling and activate. Autos have a hole in the atomizer connector, so getting liquid in there by accident can kill the battery. Loud noises have also been known to cause automatics to fire.

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
The best and most popular e-cigs in each size are in the multipart library guide

Go to the sticky thread "New Members--Please Check Out Our Library Here" in the top of the New Members section and follow the link to the library. There will be a multipart guide there. There is a also a sticky thread of beginner's videos which cover many popular models.

KR808D-1 (what you have) is one of the popular models

3-piece consists of a battery, and atomizer in the middle (the heating element) and the cartridge. The cartridge or "cart" has no electric parts - it's just plastic and stuffing with ejuice. The atomizer (heating element) needs to be cleaned periodically (I do it weekly while I swap to my other atomizer). Eventually an atomizer burns out but typically they last a lot longer than a cartomizer (see below). The carts are very re-usable, clean, add new stuffing if needed, refill over and over.

2-piece consists of a battery and a cartomizer. Cartomizer means cartridge and atomizer all in one section along with the juice. Since cartomizers have electric parts (the heating element) they can burn out and are harder to clean/rejuvenate than carts. They are considered disposable. Many type of cartomizers can be refilled (may require a blunt or flexible syringe). if it starts tasting bad, cleaning can be tried to get more life out of the carto, until the element burns out.

Some e-cigs like the 510 can be configured to the 2-piece or 3-piece. Some can be configured either way by using an adapter and another model's parts. I believe the KR808D-1 can actually use a DSE901 atty with no adapter and then could use DSE901 carts or drip tips.

I think cartos take longer at one time to fill and maintain, but then don't need to be refilled or topped off for longer. They are very useful for people who can't mess with little carts during the day. but I think they also have a looser drag. Some cartos can also be hot on your lips (though supposedly V4L Coolcarts which I think are Boge cartos are cooler)

I think cartridges need to be fiddled with a lot more during the day, topping off, maybe doing a while refill. But I like the bit of resistance to dragging on them. It seems more like a cigarette to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread