best good quality (but affordable) mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
Hey guys! I have been using a generic 510, then an Ego, and now im rockin the Hello 016. Im looking for a good mod to buy that isnt too huge (ive seen some people using massive ones) aka as big or smaller than my hello. Looking for 5 or 6 volts if possible but not a big deal. My main criteria is high quality, good looking, and having at least ~900 or so mAh. I want to be able to go a whole day (and change) without having to charge it. The hello lasts me about 2 days and is quite solid, im enjoying it. The hello quality isnt quite the best however, the threading on it makes it so I have to line up the holes of my atomizer with the indents because it tends to block off airflow sometimes. Any suggestions? Im like to stay under 100 bucks if possible. 50-60 bucks would be great. Thanks guys!

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I was in the same boat a few days ago - I narrowed my search down to a roughstack and a Bartleby.
I went with the Bartleby: http://eboxmods.blogspot.com/
Very Happy. $58 delivered with the batts and USB cable.
I wanted something small and 3.7.

I will still get a roughstack at some point...

As the poster above stated... Sabertouch is a very reliable and well made mod. Have one... also have a Buzz. Love that too.

Trioxin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
Peoria, IL
IF you're looking to say around the Hello16 size, I'd probably go with a 14500 mod with LR atomizers to get that 5v feel. The ICON from puresmoker is really nice. Very solid unit, and all mechanical so nothing can really go wrong with it. I also really liked the vypr, but the switchs tend to die after a while. Easy to replace though if you've some basic soldering skills. The Copper is another all mechanical one that isn't too large, and while I don't own it, looks to be a really nice unit.

Trioxin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
Peoria, IL
Another benefit to the ICON... after just spilling rose oil on it, I was able to completely disassemble and clean it. Any other mod would have reeked of rose for the next decade. Note to self, don't place oils next to dripping bottle.

Now if I could only get the smell out of my clothes. Gonna have to try a 3rd wash before tossing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread