So whats the verdict on LR atts with Hello batts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

makasin

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
San Diego
So ive heard a lot of things. Ive been using LR atties for about a month now on my Hello 016 battery and its been a great experience. Ive heard 2 things.
1) LR atties should only be used with batteries with 400+mAh
2) The LR atomizers kill the mosfets in the switches of Ego/Hello/etc. type batteries.

So which one is it? Ive heard things on both sides and have had no problems so far with the combo but im worried about killing my battery prematurely. Is it kinda a luck of the draw type thing regarding the MOSFET or is it a fact that itll kill it?
I understand the reasoning behind it and im curious if the Hello has better hardware than the Ego in that respect. Shouldnt the manufacturers know this? I mean, people want their LR atties on their lower voltage devices, why would they put such crappy parts in the batteries knowing that? I guess they want more profit, but these MODs cant really cost that much in parts. Maybe 5-7 bucks tops. And an upgraded MOSFET shouldnt run you more than a few extra cents. Isnt it in their best interest to sell a product people will be satisfied with?
The reason I ask is that I ordered a bunch of LR 306's since I have heard amazing things about them but now im paranoid about my battery just dying on me. :(
Any success/fail stories you guys could share on this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread