Best High-Wattage VW Regulated Mod, Tube Design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randomizeme2

Jan 28, 2009
USA
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a sigelei 50w V2 in silver and paired it with a Kanger SUBTANK. Sweet spot at 1.2 ohm is 20-25 watts depending on the juice. Phenomenal device and well worth the marginally added size. More powerful than dna 30 and 40 devices, uses a Yihi chip, and was less expensive than the latter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 159

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Sigelei 50w V2 in silver and paired it with a Kanger SUBTANK. Sweet spot at 1.2 ohm is 20-25 watts depending on the juice. Phenomenal device and well worth the marginally added size. More powerful than DNA 30 and 40 devices, uses a Yihi chip, and was less expensive than the latter.
The DNA 40 is not about watts, it's about HEALTH - you don't need 50 watts, you yourself just said 20-25 is the sweet spot, but what you do need, is your health, and that is what the DNA 40's temp control gives you. When these wicks, wires and juices get over about 410 degrees, bad changes start to happen.

Don't cheap out on your health, dude, cancer is a lot more expensive than a DNA 40!

Randomizeme2

Jan 28, 2009
USA
The DNA 40 is not about watts, it's about HEALTH - you don't need 50 watts, you yourself just said 20-25 is the sweet spot, but what you do need, is your health, and that is what the DNA 40's temp control gives you. When these wicks, wires and juices get over about 410 degrees, bad changes start to happen.

Don't cheap out on your health, dude, cancer is a lot more expensive than a DNA 40!

Thanks for the advice, but believe me I didn't cheap out on anything. Temp control is only needed if you are in danger of overheating often. Once you test your atomizer with whatever coil or build you're using with the specified wattage you have, it's just about making sure it tastes clean. Once it's too hot, throat hit turns to burnt hit. With zero nicotine, like I use, it's easy to differentiate since I get barely any throat hit at the right wattages. If I go too high, I'm sure I'll cross that safe threshold, but it's pretty easy to tell if you observe the burnt taste to your vape.

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
Thanks for the advice, but believe me I didn't cheap out on anything. Temp control is only needed if you are in danger of overheating often. Once you test your atomizer with whatever coil or build you're using with the specified wattage you have, it's just about making sure it tastes clean. Once it's too hot, throat hit turns to burnt hit. With zero nicotine, like I use, it's easy to differentiate since I get barely any throat hit at the right wattages. If I go too high, I'm sure I'll cross that safe threshold, but it's pretty easy to tell if you observe the burnt taste to your vape.
Unless your organic cotton wicks look as new after a few days as when you installed them, then they are burning at least some of the time, as is your juice. You ARE using organic cotton wicks for good health, aren't you?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a Sigelei 50w V2 in silver and paired it with a Kanger SUBTANK. Sweet spot at 1.2 ohm is 20-25 watts depending on the juice. Phenomenal device and well worth the marginally added size. More powerful than DNA 30 and 40 devices, uses a Yihi chip, and was less expensive than the latter.
400389d1420153926-best-high-wattage-vw-regulated-mod-tube-design-image.jpg

So a 'tube' form factor wasn't that important after all eh! Good choice with that Sig-50 nonetheless buddy.

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area

Excellent! Glad you were able to find something you like. It's an excellent choice, and with the subtank, you have the option to play with rebuilding and see if it works for you, but you can still use stock coils if it doesn't.

Randomizeme2

Jan 28, 2009
USA
Unless your organic cotton wicks look as new after a few days as when you installed them, then they are burning at least some of the time, as is your juice. You ARE using organic cotton wicks for good health, aren't you?

Yes, with SUBTANK prebuilt coils, and also with the rebuildable kit, they are all organic cotton by default.

So a 'tube' form factor wasn't that important after all eh! Good choice with that Sig-50 nonetheless buddy.

In the end, it was something smaller, rather than not that made the difference. Believe me, if I could find another 30-50w device that was smaller, but similar form factor or a bit more aesthetically pleasing, I would evaluate it for sure.

Excellent! Glad you were able to find something you like. It's an excellent choice, and with the subtank, you have the option to play with rebuilding and see if it works for you, but you can still use stock coils if it doesn't.

The performance has been top notch. I never imagined my vaping experience like this. Clouds upon clouds, safely of course, with tons of flavor. I must thank you all for your differing advice, and welcome more all the time. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread