Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I see that sigelei has come out with a mod that does not have TC called the Moon Box. I have been searching for a regulated Mod that would do VV/VW without adding the TC feature and sigelei seems to have done it. I don't care for TC, I just want a nice Mod that does both VV and VW. I cut my teeth in the vaping world on mech mods and VV/VW devices because they were the only devices available 6 plus years ago, outside of the cigalikes and egos.
Does anyone know of other Companies making high power regulated mods? I know Smoant has the Charon Adjustable but I am looking for VV/VW

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
The Innokin Oceanus might be an option for you. I know it does not have TC, and am pretty sure (but not positive) that it offers VV.

Another VV option is the VooPoo Drag, but it also has TC.

The Double Barrel 2.1 from Squid does not have TC, but it's only VW.
Thanks I didn't know Innokin had the Oceanus, It looks promising, I'll keep an eye on the reviews.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I don't do TC either. What is the harm of getting any mod, TC or not.. and just ignoring the TC function?
I do that on 15 different devices, but some devices are easy to accidentally switch into TC and hard for someone not tech inclined to change it back. That happened with an older new vaper on his Evic AI0, I ended up giving him my old Subox and he loves it...Plus I would love to get one myself. It's like buying a new vehicle, why get all the bells and whistles if you don't need them. I just need the 454 you can keep the chrome hubcaps.:cool:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thought I'd drop by with some wristbands for you guys.

power power.jpg

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I notice that Innokin stated that the reason behind a mod without TC was because TC was not that popular. In my circle of vaping friends that numbers about 20 friends and family, not one person uses TC. I also noticed in Phil Busardos video, he wondered if Non TC mods may be "going to be a trend". I hope so as I always enjoyed my VV/VW devices and look forward to more companies going this way:2cool:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Now that's what I'm talking about. @Katdarling did you know the Oceanus comes in Purple:hubba: I'm going to add one to the arsenal. It also comes with 2 20700 batteries. :thumb:

Thanks for the heads up on this one, fish. I wasn't familiar with the Oceanus at all (I'm modded out and haven't really been window shopping much lately), but looks like a damm decent device. Call me biased, but I've always liked Innokin products.

As far as the Non TC, I find that more than interesting. I LIKE it! (Think I'll go check Phil's site and pole...) ;)

(get your singles ready, DPL)

Reactions: stols001

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Oopsie. That poll is old, and closed! Love to see him do that again - quarterly even.
I think I'll post it in his video comments. I know he prefers MTL TC, but I like plain and simple, Gimme more watts. I ordered 2 purple ones because my older brother loves purple and I didn't want him stealing mine. ;)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks for the heads up on this one, fish. I wasn't familiar with the Oceanus at all (I'm modded out and haven't really been window shopping much lately), but looks like a damm decent device. Call me biased, but I've always liked Innokin products.

As far as the Non TC, I find that more than interesting. I LIKE it! (Think I'll go check Phil's site and pole...) ;)

The Innokin Oceanus might be an option for you. I know it does not have TC, and am pretty sure (but not positive) that it offers VV.

Another VV option is the VooPoo Drag, but it also has TC.

The Double Barrel 2.1 from Squid does not have TC, but it's only VW.
Thanks goes to Hazozita, for finding just what I was looking for.:cool:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I notice that Innokin stated that the reason behind a mod without TC was because TC was not that popular. In my circle of vaping friends that numbers about 20 friends and family, not one person uses TC. I also noticed in Phil Busardos video, he wondered if Non TC mods may be "going to be a trend". I hope so as I always enjoyed my VV/VW devices and look forward to more companies going this way:2cool:

Oopsie. That poll is old, and closed! Love to see him do that again - quarterly even.

Where did you find the poll, @gofishtx & @Katdarling?

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Where did you find the poll, @gofishtx & @Katdarling?
PBusardo had the link in his video review but the poll is closed. I really like that they are including the 20700 batteries with the kit and one battery is your spare. Ijoy included the 20700 batteries with the Captain and a 21700 with the Capo. The batteries with the Oceanus are the same as Ijoy, just different wrappers, so Mooch approved. Much longer lasting than the 18650s imho:)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
PBusardo had the link in his video review but the poll is closed. I really like that they are including the 20700 batteries with the kit and one battery is your spare. Ijoy included the 20700 batteries with the Captain and a 21700 with the Capo. The batteries with the Oceanus are the same as Ijoy, just different wrappers, so Mooch approved. Much longer lasting than the 18650s imho:)

I like 22mm tanks (something about that number that I like), and an 18650 lasts me forever ('bout 11 watts is all). It's all personal preference, and smaller just works better for me, all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread