Best low ohm mech mod battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I seriously doubt that you'll find a better or realistically longer lasting 18350 battery than an AW.

Efest makes a higher mAh 18350 IMR, but my experience with both AW and Efest 14500 IMR batteries compared with each other led me to leave the Efests in a drawer, not worthy to be kept in rotation with the AW's. My guess is the same would be true with the 18350's.

RBAs in general, and especially using low ohm vaping, will drain batteries faster than typical juice delivery devices, especially the smaller 18350's. A better choice would have been a mod that uses the larger 18650 batteries. The AW IMR, Panasonic hybrid/IMR, and MNKE IMR batteries are better suited for RBA usage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzN9dQWsfR8

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
New to this forum. Any advice on which type of battery to use for a k101. I have an aw imr 18350 but it seems to drain in about an hour. Tested with a multimeter and drains from 4.1 to 3.7 after a short time using a dual coil RDA

3.7 volts is still the top end of the nominal voltage range. Recharge at 3.50. .....*

EDIT:
below 3.5 there really isn't much usable range as it drops off rather quickly. Recharge at 3.49->3.2. Some are rated to go down to 2.5 volts even, but I wouldn't let em go below 2.8 ever and would much rather recharge them at 3.4ish.

Most of the usable range is between 3.7/3.6 volts. That's why they are called "3.7 volt" batteries. Their full charge is 4.2 volts.

So your ohms calcs should be for about 3.7 volts even though you put in a fresh battery charged to 4.2v.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread