Best mesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hederath

Oct 24, 2018
Poland
Hi!
Few weeks ago I ordered a Profile rda and I think that my postman will ring to my door tomorrow, so I have a quick question to ppl, who tried several build combinations in Profile.
I know that kanthal mesh styled strip which Wotofo adds may not be the best mesh, just because it's free, so I started looking for wire.
I found Vandy vape mesh.
Ni80: 1.8 ohm/ft 100 mesh
KA1: 2.8 ohm/ft 80 mesh
SS316L: 0.9 ohm/ft 150 mesh
Which one of these will guarantee a nice flavor and not so low resistance? I'm thinking about kanthal or Ni80 one.
Yes, I know that there is something called NexMesh with fancy 10 strips styled for Profile, but nobody sells that in my country.
Thank you for advice. c:

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I wouldn’t write off the Wotofo mesh just because it came free with your rda. It is a very good mesh strip, which I find to be more durable with greater longevity than the Vandy Vape SS316 200 mesh. Flavour is subjective but also find the Wotofo to produce more flavour than the VV SS 200 mesh and on par with the NexMesh strips from OFRF. It is also easier to deal with.

Low resistance will always be a factor with the Profile RDA given the size of the required strip. Even with the VV SS316 mesh, which is rated for 1.2 ohms per foot, resistance is still in the 0.18 ohms range

The Vandy Vape mesh can be more economical, but I wouldn’t consider it better. Given it’s price of admission, it is worth a try.

Reactions: madstabber

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have spools of SS and Kanthal along with the wotofo mesh. I haven’t noticed much difference between them for flavor. The spools are nice because you can get a different resistance but all produce excellent flavor. This is the best atomizer I’ve ever used. The airflow is perfect on this thing, smooth and you can get a nice restrictive hit or a pretty loose one. I like restricted and that can cause a whistle with some rda’s but the Profile works great. I wish all rda’s used a honeycomb airflow holes.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi!
Few weeks ago I ordered a Profile RDA and I think that my postman will ring to my door tomorrow, so I have a quick question to ppl, who tried several build combinations in Profile.
I know that kanthal mesh styled strip which Wotofo adds may not be the best mesh, just because it's free, so I started looking for wire.
I found Vandy Vape mesh.
Ni80: 1.8 ohm/ft 100 mesh
KA1: 2.8 ohm/ft 80 mesh
SS316L: 0.9 ohm/ft 150 mesh
Which one of these will guarantee a nice flavor and not so low resistance? I'm thinking about kanthal or Ni80 one.
Yes, I know that there is something called NexMesh with fancy 10 strips styled for Profile, but nobody sells that in my country.
Thank you for advice. c:
I have found that the best two ways to get information is to use Search and post the question in the appropriate forum.
Search:
The ECF search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "Mesh".
re: Search Results for Query: Mesh | E-Cigarette Forum
Note that the subject "mesh" is in multiple different forums so posting in the new members forum is as good as any for now. After 70 or so posts, new members forum will not be open to you any more.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread