Best Method for Sampling Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lozzaine

Jun 19, 2014
New Albany, IN
Just wondering how you guys sample the juice before you commit to a full tank of it. Sample cartomizers? Or do you just put a small amount in a tank and rinse it if you decide you don't like it?

I know some shops you can go into have a setup where you can actually sample it before you buy but for like online blind purchases where you just go off the description.

Also, what do you do with the juices you don't like? Give them away? Just curious :)

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
These are probably the cheapest way to go.

510 Bridgeless Atomizer - Stainless - 2.4ohm

I have several and use them for testing my DIY recipes. Just drip a little in and vape. Rinse with hot water, blow out, drip another flavor in, and vape. They last a very long time if you only use them for sampling.

As for juice I can't vape, I just give it away. There are some that are so bad that I just dump on anthills in the yard.

Micchi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Asheville, NC, USA
Drippers are perfect for sampling, especially rebuildables. Worst case, if I hate a juice and it just won't go away, I have to yank the wick, dry-burn the gunk off, and soak it in some hot water for a while. Usually, though, I just vape for a bit, then throw a new flavor in.

Barring that, cheap cartomizers. They don't hold a lot, but they hold enough to really get a feel for the flavor and how much I'll like it. Plus, with those, I can fill one up with a new juice, try it out, tape that carto to the bottle, let it steep, and try it again later.

texanator

Jun 20, 2014
dfw,tx
Sampling juices is one of my pet peeves. Trying to hunt down good tasting juices, sample some juices in the store using their cheap cartos on eGos, find one that tastes good, buy some, bring it home, put it on my mechanical mod + dripper and chances are it will taste completely different (and in most cases very bad) *sigh*. But yeah, generally dripper is easy for sampling at the house, pull old cotton out, quick rinse with water (or everclear) dryburn and then new cotton. about 5 minutes.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I also prefer a dripper. It allows me to drip a few drops into the coil and cotton, then vape it with the most intense flavor possible for a few hits. Once the coils vaporize the liquid away, you're ready for the next flavor. Sometimes, if the flavor is really strong, like a menthol, cinnamon, or chocolate flavor, you can even pull out the used cotton wick and thread a fresh wick in. Takes less than a minute once you're use to it.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
I've found that I can't really make up my mind about a juice with just a few inhales. I generally fill my tank at least half full, and commit to vaping the juice for a couple of hours, not just a few minutes.

Since I seem to need time to make up my mind, I haven't been very successful at sampling juice in vape stores. I buy my juice from Mt. Baker Vapor, and they send a free 15 ml. sample if you order at least $15 worth, so I sample flavors that way. If I like the free sample, I add it to my next order.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
RE: 510 Bridgeless Atomizer - Stainless - 2.4ohm

We have a bunch of those but I wasn't sure if you could rinse them rather than run the juice out manually.

As long as the carto doesn't have any filler it's easy. You can dry burn them with no issues as well. When I rinse, i blow it out and then pulse the battery to dry up the remaining water. They're super easy and only need a couple drops in them to get the taste going.

Unless you already rebuild for your existing gear, i wouldn't go the rebuildable route. If you're only looking for a quick taste then the bridgeless is a simple as it comes. They will literally last over a year each if you are only using them for a quick sample. I have some RDA's that I use alot but still use my bridgeless for quick taste testing.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I bought one of these a few weeks ago. Dripper RDA It's my first RDA so I wanted one that was cheap. The coil that it came with broke before I got a chance to try it. I just got some 28ga and 30ga Kanthal today so I wrapped some coils for it. Used some cotton for wicks. The coils came out with higher ohms than I expected 2.4 with the 30ga and 2.7 with the 28ga. So I put the 2.7ohm on my homemade pass-through. Holy Cow! Great flavor lots of vapor. I don't know if I can go back to clearomizers now.

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
I have an Omega RDA clone that I can't stand building on, so I made it my permanent flavor tester. Wrapped up a single microcoil, mounted it in the RDA, and rolled up enough ss mesh to fit through and poke about 3 mm out each side of the coil. Juice it up, take 2 puffs, pulse a few times to dry burn, and change flavors. Simple as that!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf lozzaine. That very reason is what got me started dripping. I started out with igo-L for trying my DIY stuff and then just fell in love with dripping. Of course the reo grand is the ultimate dripper so I stopped looking any further. Good luck to you and happy vaping. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread