Best MTL AIO for a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I want to gift my girlfriend an AIO system so she finally quits the stinkies. I've been vaping since 2014 and these AIO systems are very new to me, there's way too many models going around.

So what I want is a MTL one and preferably one where I can change the coils. I'm curious on the new Innokin Z Biip as it uses the Zenith coils, was also curious about the Aspire Breeze 2.

What would you guys recommend? Should I wait till the reviews drop for the Z Biip or go straight for something else?

Thanks

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I would highly recommend the Geekvape Flint AIO. There's a thread on it in the tank section. It's super small, but you can change the coils. So sort of the best of both worlds. You can get the draw very tight and cig like, or much wider.

You can get it for $25ish at: GeekVape Flint | Electric Tobacconist And coils are 7.95 for a 5pack (I recommend the 1.2 coils which get a bit warmer) I've picked up some extras, as I think this is the best current starter kit for someone quitting that I'm giving to friends.

But some others to look into are the Aspire Tigon, which would give some more options if you think she'd like to sub ohm potentially in the future. And ya, the Zenith is still top notch, and the coil options give it more range than both of the above. From what I've read, the Z Biip is pretty similar, in that I'm not sure it's worth waiting for- just takes the same coils and is different in how it operates, but I have yet to hear it's 'better.'

For pods, there are lots of solid options too if you think she'd want to hold something a bit more cig like, and the auto-draw feature, which I think does really help some new folks. It's just rare to get replaceable coils+auto draw sadly.

But I still think the Flint is the best cheap "just try this" first step, and she can always expand later; getting a regulated mod with the Zenith would probably be my recommendation for a step 2 if they like the Flint. But I think size does matter at this first stage. This sort of turned into a long rant, but just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
i would recomend flint kit, used one some days ago, is exactly what you are looking for, simple, complete... on the go, save the most getting kit with a coil pack, 5 units or so, call it done,

About the liquid, well, with 1.2 ohm you are now able to use nicsalt, with rushes nic and satisfies nic adiction fastest compared to regular free base nic,

Regards,

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
As long as the device is functional this may be a situation where aesthetics trumps performance. A device she will like and use is better than one that works well.
A possibly overly expensive option:
Perhaps even bring her to a well stocked vape store and offer to buy her anything. (Yes. Women are terrifyingly expensive. The other option is worse. Best get used to it now)
It does mean that if she picks an unreliable or poor performing vape you will shortly thereafter have to buy her another vape. At this point you can worry about performance.

Reactions: greek mule

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
The Breeze 2 would be good but they do have an issue where the clips which keep it in place tend to wear out after a few months. Both of mine did that and I've seen a few other people post they had that issue. No idea about the Beep but am interested as Innokin puts out good products for the most part.

I would say the Nord is a pretty solid device. Easy to use with good battery life. Different coils to adjust your vape to how you like it. The .6 ohm coil is a pretty solid DTL coil while the 1.4 ohm coil (what I use) provides a solid MTL vape. They even have a mesh 1.4 coil now which I have not tried as it is always out of stock when I order something.

Reactions: greek mule

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
And I have no clue when this is coming out in the US (searched like crazy and can't find a date) but both youtube reviews basically raved about this one. Looks very promising, but more of an fyi for the future, since I think this will be awhile if Chinese sites don't even have dates yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread