The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Best MTL Kit to date? The VANDY VAPE APOLLO MTL KIT

Discussion in 'Vandy Vape' started by Albert Boubion, Jan 15, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bask

bask Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    The Euroneous Zone
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with being ignorant about what the 'sub' in 'sub tank' actually stands for.

It does look like a decent kit. Sort of the Aegis for MTL'ers.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. F-machine

F-machine Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2018
    Trapped in Asia
    Not gonna post the video here, but RIP TRIP got a review of this a few days ago. It's quite small, and I heard the battery life is interesting. You guys see it if any of you are interested, but this one not my type of mod/kit.

3. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    That's what I thought. The original post sure reads like an advertisement.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Drop kick it off a three bundle high stack of lumber.
    On top of a 48' flatbed trailer.
    Onto a chip-and-run road surface packed hard by years of tractor trailer traffic.
    Then tell me if it survived.
    My mod did, but I am old school.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nemesisvape

Nemesisvape Full Member

Sep 5, 2018
    I think that this kit is pretty cool too Albert. I use it at work and Im a Chef so I dont get much time to get my nicotine in and this is perfect. Its super durable and compact. I can use it with my berserker mini mtl also. Yea big thumbs up to this kit

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    I have to confess to being ignorant also then. A tank using 1.5 and 1.8 coils does not fit any definition of subtank that I can think of?

And I'm not being snide here (this time). I would appreciate any education you have to offer. Don't like being confused.

7. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Lol, they're also calling the atomizer base that holds the 'drop in' coil a build deck?
    Must be a Chenglish thing. I hope they have a better handle on what waterproof and shockproof actually mean. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  8. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013

Why the drop kick ?. :lol:

9. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    It fell out of my shirt pocket while I was on top of a trailer load of lumber spreading tarps...
    I believe @DancingHeretik still has and uses that REOS Mini ...

• Like Like x 1
  10. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    The specs sure sound better on the Kroma.

11. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    It is a lot bigger though. For a new user there are particular issues. Ease of use is a big one. There’s also reliability and vape quality to consider. Also cartridge cost and life.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Yeah the size thing ... I have two friends who vape and just can’t get past the eleaf size. They love to look at my mods and say they’re all too big. Even my tarot nano! lol

13. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Yeah I used to think that too. It turns out to not really be true but there’s no telling way to prove it that other than to use both.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LMS62

LMS62 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    Mesa, AZ
    Almost all of the OP's previous threads/posts are promoting various Vandy Vape products. I'm sure it is just a coincidence...lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. rxhunter

rxhunter Full Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Size is a such a personal preference thing. For someone just switching, figuring out how to carry a mod and tank that's bigger and way heavier than a pack of smokes and a lighter just adds another reason not to try vaping. When I smoked, the hard pack and lighter went in the front pants pocket with my keys. Swapping the cigs and lighter for a mod and glass tank full of liquid isn't a huge increase in bulk, but now I've got keys and a glass cylinder full of liquid rattling around in there all day. Cell phone in the other front pocket by itself, can't put the keys in there. Wallet in one back pocket, and although I could put my keys in the other back pocket, I don't want to sit on them all day. A small pod system is a much easier carry for me, and the tradeoffs in cost and performance are preferable to putting my keys or my cell phone on my belt.

My Orion fits perfectly into the otherwise useless 5th pocket of my jeans, it lives there when I'm at work or on the go. My Kroma kit mostly lives at home, but it's small enough to throw into a coat pocket or bag if I'm going out with either. Now if we all switch from smartphones to chips implanted in our skulls down the road, that frees up a pocket for a full size mod...

16. NYgrl

NYgrl New Member

Jan 4, 2019
    So many claim to be MTL but in fact are not. The coil resistance does not dictate mtl. I love my Orion but lets be honest it's not truly a mtl device either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I bought the AP Kit and love it. Nice size, good battery life, adjustable voltage, and a pretty darn good MTL hit. I've been using mine with the airflow set at the second smallest opening and it's been perfect for me with 50mg salts.Great little kit, IMO. Waaay better vape than the Orion, true MTL and and MUCH better flavor. Not an Orion fan at all - nice device, terrible MTL vape.

Edit: Just want to add that I paid for my AP Kit and this is not a schill post - I am NOT a VV stooge.