Best Nemesis *CLONE*? SS preferred but can consider brass, copper or mixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico.
Now that I figured how to fix the crunchy switch, I'm really enjoying my Nemesis clone (from FT); so much that I want a second. As mentioned in the title, I prefer the solidity and heft of good stainless but can consider brass or copper, maybe even mixed. Just not aluminum.

fasttech offers several but I'm kinda weary about the QC (or rather lack of it <g>). Can anyone suggest a really well made one that will take magnets without issues and look good + function well out of the box? I can deal with touching up but would rather pay a few $$ more and not have to.

I've heard recos about the hcigar items but would prefer to hear from actual experiences here. If you know the manufacturer, so much the better.

Thanks for any input, comments & suggestions.

PS, somebody suggested getting a Stingray instead. What do you think?

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Most people who get the Stingray and also have or at least used a Nemesis seem to prefer the Stingray switch. Others don't. Personally I have 2 Stingray clones, stock, and 5 Nemesis clones, all with magnets added to the switch and a shim to reduce throw. I like the minimal throw on my Nemeses but can't complain about the slightly longer throw on the Stingray. If you're the type where fiddling comes naturally either is a good decision. OTOH if you want something nice without any input from you, the Stingray is the better choice.

If you want to use a kick and 18650, Nemesis as the Stingray doesn't support that configuration.

There are quite a few complaints about the need to constantly adjust the Nemesis switch. I don't seem to have that problem. If you're worried about it, get the Stingray.

Finally about fasttech. The reviews and discussions that they offer links to on the product page are useful to learn if a particular model is a good buy or not. Pay attention to the details in the description like diameter. They offer some nice but not 1:1 models. Usually the reviews point this out. With just a little bit of diligence you can make good purchases. Just realize it can be a month from order to arrival.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
I hear ya on the Hcigar. That said, I've got a Hcigar and a FT Nemesis, both cooper and the only way I can tell the difference in the two is I know which one has more scratches than the other. Oh, and the choo choo train is bigger on the firing button of the FT model :?: I've got a brass one on the way. If you like a mod that has a "distressed" look to it the cooper is your ticket. The metal is very soft and picks up handling marks easy along with the patina from handling it.

I would suggest you read the reviews on the GS PAPS 18650 brass clone from FT. A lot of people seem to like it alot. They say the button is pretty smooth out of the box.

Last edited:

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Thanks a bunch folks! I'll look for the HCigar versions. Unfortunately Vape Royalty ships only to US and Canada. I wonder why they don't want our business... cards are the same, postal rates and couriers the same (NAFTA, remember?). Same hassle or lack of. Hmmmm... :( Well, ebay it is, probably for the best.

Donovan69

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
Hcigar rocks. IMO the stingray hits nice but have seen 3 lock rings bugger up in the past month. 3 separate buddies had their lock ring strip. So I'm steering away from that clone. All h-cigar stingrays too. The nemmys for the most part have been good. I have had 2 friends in the last week have switch heating issues on those too.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Vapor royalty has the HCigar stainless steel or Brass Nemesis for $29.95...

Sent from my LG G2 on the Sprint Spark Network

I got all 3 of my nemesis from Vapor Royalty (HCigar ss, copper, brass) and really love them all. Now I also had a Tobecco that worked great but was not 1:1 clone so things like the gold trim kits etc didn't match up though the magnets and FatDaddyVapes contacts and pins did. I gave it to a grandson who ways just getting into mechanical mods from APV.

ForeverDiving

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
I got all 3 of my nemesis from Vapor Royalty (HCigar ss, copper, brass) and really love them all. Now I also had a Tobecco that worked great but was not 1:1 clone so things like the gold trim kits etc didn't match up though the magnets and FatDaddyVapes contacts and pins did. I gave it to a grandson who ways just getting into mechanical mods from APV.

Trouble is Vape Royalty ships only to US and Canada. I think I'll get another from FastTech; my first one —from them– is quite well made.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
Trouble is Vape Royalty ships only to US and Canada. I think I'll get another from FastTech; my first one —from them– is quite well made.

They aren't the only people that sell HCigar Nemesis clone as since they are a Chinese company they pretty much sell anywhere FastTech does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread