DaHunsta

Nov 23, 2014
Agoura Hills, CA

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
IMO VosVape makes the best competition boxes. (VosVape Dual 26650, Triple 1850 & Dual 18500 Box Mods)

This is one of the better mechanical boxes out there, triple parallel 18650. Lifetime warranty as well!

Aluminum Triple 18650 VBX Box Mods | VosVape Dual 26650, Triple 1850 & Dual 18500 Box Mods

I would also like to know what chip they are using since I'm 99% sure there isn't a momentary available (anywhere) that will handle more than one 18650 worth of current, much less 3 paralleled. They have some balls putting a lifetime warranty on it and saying it'll handle 60A. I didn't see any pics of the inner workings. Wonder what's behind the curtain. They pretty though.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I would also like to know what chip they are using since I'm 99% sure there isn't a momentary available (anywhere) that will handle more than one 18650 worth of current, much less 3 paralleled. They have some balls putting a lifetime warranty on it and saying it'll handle 60A. I didn't see any pics of the inner workings. Wonder what's behind the curtain. They pretty though.
It's got no chip, just some solid core copper wire and a switch. The switch is a topic of great debate on the internet apparently, many threads discussing how nobody thinks it can handle the amp ratings, since I have found nothing in my research to suggest that it is a bomb proof switch I'll just keep quiet, there are however reports from owners of the VBX that report the button works just fine and doesn't heat up during heavy use. That is all the info on the switch I can find.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
It's got no chip, just some solid core copper wire and a switch. The switch is a topic of great debate on the internet apparently, many threads discussing how nobody thinks it can handle the amp ratings, since I have found nothing in my research to suggest that it is a bomb proof switch I'll just keep quiet, there are however reports from owners of the VBX that report the button works just fine and doesn't heat up during heavy use. That is all the info on the switch I can find.

Thanks for looking it up for us. The vaper in me wants to just buy one of theirs instead of building a box mod that doesn't use a momentary. The amateur electrician in me is still scared.

I personally know people doing seriously scary things with momentary switches (saw them tonight actually) and all of their body parts are unharmed. I get my switch information from vaping and non-vaping electricians. They tell me a switch capable of even 40A at ANY DC voltage will be a few inches by a few inches in size. I found one at grainger(?) and it was larger than most box mods. It looked super cool though, had the large red button on it like you'd see firing up an industrial machine. Made me consider a momentary toggle with the red safety cover that's used for missile firing for my first box mod. :D

From what I've learned (mostly here from Quigsworth who has done the trial and error for me) heat isn't the issue. Breaking the load is. It will fail one of two ways.
1 - You press it and nothing happens. (that's the good news)
2 - You press it, it fires. You let go, it keeps firing.

Time will tell if these momentary switches hold up to 30, 40 and 60 amps. I don't trust mine at 30 and it's a "60" as well.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
the site states you can get ones with or without the mosfet.

i am beyond intrigued by these since the 30 amp sonys are no longer cutting it, i've gone down to 22g and 20g of various wire materials and the builds aren't much higher than .1 ever...

You need more than 1 battery for sure, no matter how you get there. Might as well get 4 batteries in series/parallel so that you have 60A and 8V to work with. 504W without overtaxing the Sony batteries' constant rating. No chips, no voltage robbing BS. You'll have to build it "high" though... 0.14 ohms.

I'm being cheeky, there's probably not anyone that makes that mod.... Yet. Wanna commission it? ;-) I'll build it, you vape it.

Have you looked into the issues with multiple battery mods yet? I have a pair of married VTC4's that are 2 months old and they still charge in unison but I've been VERY good to them, marriage wise. Also, I monitor charging to the hundredth of a volt.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
the site states you can get ones with or without the mosfet.

i am beyond intrigued by these since the 30 amp sonys are no longer cutting it, i've gone down to 22g and 20g of various wire materials and the builds aren't much higher than .1 ever...

Also, wicking. It's a problem. For a small fee I can add a bottom feed option with included aquarium pump to your mod. 120ml juice bottles not included. ;-)

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
You need more than 1 battery for sure, no matter how you get there. Might as well get 4 batteries in series/parallel so that you have 60A and 8V to work with. 504W without overtaxing the Sony batteries' constant rating. No chips, no voltage robbing BS. You'll have to build it "high" though... 0.14 ohms.

I'm being cheeky, there's probably not anyone that makes that mod.... Yet. Wanna commission it? ;-) I'll build it, you vape it.

You'd be surprised. There are tons of people running the paralleled series boxes DIY. Seems a little silly to me unless you're going to control it with a DC/DC converter and a potentiometer. I have absolutely no need for anything over 5V in my daily vaping routine.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
You'd be surprised. There are tons of people running the paralleled series boxes DIY. Seems a little silly to me unless you're going to control it with a DC/DC converter and a potentiometer. I have absolutely no need for anything over 5V in my daily vaping routine.

I shouldn't have assumed that no one has went there yet. Talk about a battery marriage nightmare...

I like higher voltages and resistances. It makes for a smoother vape than the same wattage at lower volts and ohms. I can't imagine running anything more than my DIY dual 18650 8V box though. At 0.44 ohms I nearly drowned. It was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread