Best pen kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Mogielnicki

Jan 9, 2016
I need an upgrade from my evod, something tube shaped. I know about the ijust 2 and the SUBVOD, but are there any other good tube kits? If not should I get the ijust or SUBVOD? I used an I just and the battery is ok but the vapour gets hot and tastes burnt, always leaks, and no adjustable airflow. The SUBVOD tank seems good, but the battery is only 3.7 volts.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I can't remember the name of it (iTazte? something like that?), but innokin makes a square battery that is fairly popular and well thought of for eGo type tanks. If you want to stay in the low wattage range...

There's these:
Search results for: 'zmaxese':
or these:
Search results for: 'vamo'
...but all those require an external battery.
If you want to go higher than 15 - 20W, you will probably have to get a "box" mod instead of a pen.

Mette

Jan 4, 2016
Hillerød, Denmark
I started with the evod as well. Continued to nautilus mini, istick 20 and 40 etc.
When i wanted to upgrade my mobile device I first tried ego one ... a very temperfull spitting thing. Here you would have to get som clr coils to replace problematic cl ones.

The subvod kit has a so much better quality tank!!! The battery can easily fit nautilus mini for a flavour full combi if it has to be a tube. Otherwise I would recommend VW istick.

I don't recommend the ego one as a 2.device after evod.

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I'm a vape noob myself but will chime in. If I put out something bad or wrong, hopefully someone will come along to comment or correct.

I have an Innokin Endura T18 and rather enjoy it. It is quite flavorful. But there are no adjustments ... air, vv or vw. You just put juice in it and vape. It has a 1.5 ohm top mount double coil and is regulated to output a constant 14W. With the top mount coils, it does sometimes get warm if you chain vape.

I also have an Aspire Premium kit that has VV and Nautilus Mini tank. I find that I always have the VV at the highest level (4.8V) and adjust the air on the tank to my liking.

I like both the above about the same, but the Endura is the one I generally grab when heading off to the store and even to the bar.

Other choices in the category of pens with VV/VW and up to 15W are the Provari mentioned (up to 20W on the P3) and others as well as (in no particular order) ...

Lavatube v2.5 by Volcano
Vamo 5
Sigelei Zmax V5 Telescopic
Beyond Vape Spire Mod

You could slap an Aspire Nautilus on top of any of those and be set. At the end of the day, if price weren't an issue and I were to start over, I think I'd get a Provari Classic and full size Aspire Nautilus. I did find one video that addressed an issue of rattle with the Provari and how the internal circuit card solder and mount might fail. But I also found quality issues with the others listed above as well, but generally and mostly with earlier releases.

Keep in mind that you're not going to sub-ohm vape and chuck clouds with any of the above but you should get a nice dense, flavorful vape geared mostly for mouth to lung and I'm sure someone could chime in with a direct lung hitting setup if that's what you're looking for.

Hopefully this will give you some more options to look at and research here, on youtube and google.
Good Luck !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread