Best PG/VG Ratio on Attys

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy0321

Dec 5, 2012
AZ
So I'm new to the forum and thus have to make 5 posts versus going to the thread regarding this subject. I've been using your site as a reference through my trials and errors over the last 2 months with my Ego-C. I haven't gone back to an analog since and feel that I've finally gotten over the learning curve and know my preferences. Right now I'm using the ego-c (stock settings) and enjoyed the TW premade flavors till I ran out. Then I decided to get a mix kit, here is what I vape:

Nic Base: 72mg/ml @ 100% PG base
Target Strength: 12mg
Amount to make: Varies (usually 10 ml)
Water/Alc: 0%
Flavor: 20%
Final PG/VG: 40%/60%

I like to make a 10 ml bottle of the mix without flavor. I just pop in the above numbers into the "e-juice me up" calc (the one with the cherry on it) and mix everything BUT the flavor so that I can have a choice on the go (anybody else do this?). My question is this, I just found out about Wizard Labs, and want to buy the premixed base (60vg/40pg at 18mg/ml) but have noticed that over long periods of time and vaping my atty gets dirty, clogged up, etc. I've found that a blow and a rinse work (sometimes adjusting the wick) and in major situations a dry burn. I've heard that attys dont like vg and that I should water down my mixes w/ distilled water if I'm using this much vg. Can I order the 60vg/40pg base and add water (I've heard 10-15% is about right) to the base so I never have to do anything but drop in flavors? Will adding water diminish the vapor? I'm more a fan of vape than throat hit (but I still need a lil bit of TH) and good flavor. Thanks:)

entropy0321

Dec 5, 2012
AZ
Okay, maybe I should rephrase my question (sorry for lengthy description above, I just thought I should introduce myself)... I already emailed wizard labs a few days ago asking this but haven't heard back so I'll ask in case anybody else has had experience with them. At wizard labs you can buy nic bases already diluted to your standards (so you don't have to). My questions is this, does anybody know if they pre-dilute their vg with water to get the consistency of pg? or do I have to when I get it, and is that okay to do when it's already mixed (ie 60vg/60pg)?

entropy0321

Dec 5, 2012
AZ
Okay, so I got an answer to my own question by speaking with Felipe (hope I spelled his name right) at Wizard Labs. Their Nic Bases that use VG don't contain any water so you have to dilute it on your own... no big deal I love what I see on their site. But just a heads up to anybody else who orders from them you may wanna add 10-15% distilled water. On a similar note, I tried boiling my attys for the first time this weekend (waited for it to simmer, popped my atty's in for 30 secs, turned off the stove and let them sit for 20 min). Once I pulled them out and did a dry burn on the coil and wick my atty looked brand new and burned like it too. Also, I changed my ratio from 70vg/30pg down to 50/50 and so far my ego seems to like it a lil better (less clogs). Finally, I popped my mix in hot water for a lil to warm it up (surprised I didn't do this before, wicks way better). Anyways, I saw people were viewing this thread but not posting so there you go if you're interested, my experience with the ego-c after 2-3 months of tinkering.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Well I just started using Atties and the only cleaning of stuff I've done is blowing out old juice appropriately. I did boil some cartomizers and some clearos. Gave the clearos that survived to my renter downstairs after trying one. And threw away the tank cartos after trying the clearo. I'm convinced I will need to buy rebuild able types for my own taste and I'm not ready to go there YET because that kind of thing is on my list of things I am seldom good at! I did buy a DID recommended by a rba pro that's good to start on. Haven't opened the box yet and still read posts about it casually. I was considering mailing mine to apro and having him/her Do it for me to get the ohms I want then have the model before me to copy but I tink I'll give it try next year sometime and see how it goes just using the stuff that came with it.

entropy0321

Dec 5, 2012
AZ
Well I just started using Atties and the only cleaning of stuff I've done is blowing out old juice appropriately. I did boil some cartomizers and some clearos. Gave the clearos that survived to my renter downstairs after trying one. And threw away the tank cartos after trying the clearo. I'm convinced I will need to buy rebuild able types for my own taste and I'm not ready to go there YET because that kind of thing is on my list of things I am seldom good at! I did buy a DID recommended by a rba pro that's good to start on. Haven't opened the box yet and still read posts about it casually. I was considering mailing mine to apro and having him/her Do it for me to get the ohms I want then have the model before me to copy but I tink I'll give it try next year sometime and see how it goes just using the stuff that came with it.

Hey Faylool, what type of e-cig are you using? I've seen a lot of models that have an atty that you can take apart, which makes it great to do a dry burn after boiling. I feel like the boiling removes most the gunk and the dry burn brings it back to looking like a brand new shiny coil and white wick... JUST MAKE SURE YOU BURN NO MORE THAN 4 SEC'S AT A TIME AND GIVE 10 SECS BETWEEN EACH BURN OR YOU'LL POP YOUR COIL. Here's the guide that I feel works best, it has a method for either a tank or a changeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread