Best Place to get a BOLT and what do I need to order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
haha wow 5 silver bullets. how long ago did you start vaping? right when SBs became popular? thats when I began. I still want a SB one day but i don't need one. Its sort of like how I want a green waffle grip fish tail skate board with orange wheels. I certainly don't need one these days, lol, but I'd definitely like to finally have one. :p Just to say YUP, finally got it. Finally could afford it.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Plumes, I started vaping in March of this year and went off the cigs in April. But there was something about the Silver Bullet that I liked from the beginning. Once I had one, I had to have another, then another. I really like the indented button, the size, weight, and design of it. Not to mention all of the awesome colors it is available in. I even had one custom powdercoated a dark red and the cool guys at AltSmoke rebuilt the switch assembly in it for me.

Back to the topic, a lot of Silver Bullet fans will talk dirt about the Bolt... but I still like the Bolt. I had three of them and still recommend the Bolt as an overall good value for the money.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
awesome. thanks man. I always wondered that. the bolts, as you know, are plastic, hard plastic, not soft. I'm not sure if the old bolts had soft plastic buttons but the new ones have hard plastic, which seem pretty dern strong and durable if you ask me. There is a new chrome bolt out that has a chrome colored button. i'm guessing its still just chrome plated plastic.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
If I were going to get one Id get it here. They test the ones they sell and they offer to fix the switch if it does have a problem with is more than the other places that sell them, Id contact the site and ask them again about it. I figure if they make the Zenesis products but they sell the BOLT it must be worth it.

https://houseofhybrids.3dcartstores.com/The-Bolt--Black-_p_10.html

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ive been tempted sooo many times to get a BOLT, they just seem solid and rugged. I did a search on Bolts before I got my PV. I found a whole thread dedicated to the minor flaw that the older versions had with the wiring. I read that as much as people love the Bolt that there was huge amount of those same fans that posted how they got one that didnt work from the get go and they were replaced with ones that worked great to have them fail in weeks or months but that the fix was so simple and then they went on for years.

It seems to a a real easy fix and there are threads with how to instructions. That once soldered they work fantastic. I also hear that the new ones have addressed that problem. I kept looking and looking and putting them in my cart but kept cancelling because I didnt feel like buying a soldering kit. I know from the instructions it was so easy that I know I could have done it and Ive never done anything electrical in my life.

I still look at them and will probably get one as a back up for my Saber Touch, which looks a lot like a slimmer Bolt. I would definately pay a little more and get it at House of Hybrids because of how they back them up and test them and fix them if there is a problem.. I know the SB are well made and last for years, but they are so dang big.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
For Polly Fae and anyone interested,
Pic of my anodized Bolt from Mad Vapes. This has the extender ring and has an 18650 battery in it. Also got a matching anodized drip shield. Its cute and fits really nicely in my hand. I think a lot of different tanks would go well with a Bolt. After reading the thread I might try some of the suggestions actually.

2012-11-09214720-2.jpg

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
thats really a beauty. Love it. This really makes me want to get one. Cause we all know everyone need a backup?! I thought I read some where that you can add a kick for use with 18650 batteries? or if you want to use a Kick do you have to use a shorter battery and if so what size battery? sorry didnt want to take over your thread, but now Im really tempted to get one in red with the black extender for a cool colour mix

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
thats really a beauty. Love it. This really makes me want to get one. Cause we all know everyone need a backup?! I thought I read some where that you can add a kick for use with 18650 batteries? or if you want to use a Kick do you have to use a shorter battery and if so what size battery? sorry didnt want to take over your thread, but now Im really tempted to get one in red with the black extender for a cool colour mix

You can kick it with an 18650 if you use two extenders. Otherwise 1 extender to kick an 18500. I haven't kicked mine as I have two vw devices.
I'm note sure about kicking an anodized one - there's been some discussion between members about that here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/277070-bolt-20-print.html

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
You can kick it with an 18650 if you use two extenders. Otherwise 1 extender to kick an 18500. I haven't kicked mine as I have two vw devices.
I'm note sure about kicking an anodized one - there's been some discussion between members about that here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/277070-bolt-20-print.html

thanks for the head up on the anodized ones being anodized inside too. That definitely would not work as anodized metal does not conduct. I do love the bolts and Im probably going to get the burgundy or the regular red bolt with either the black extenders or the smoke coloured ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread