Best place to get VG juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

VizagDude

Apr 25, 2015
Hello folks,

I am a newbie to vaping. I've tried different eCigs a while back, but the urge for the regular cigs never vanished. Recently I came across the Proveri P3 and I looked at the reviews on YouTube. Looked like a good thing to start with. So I went ahead and bought the starter kit which came with the P3 and the Aspire tank with the P3 thread. I went with the menthol eJuice.

It has been over 7 weeks since I smoked regular cig. I am happy with the way things are going.

Now my question is, I see a lot of talk about PG and VG juices. Obviously I want to get the juice that is lower risk to my health and from reading around looks like VG juices are recommended. The current eJuices I've tried are 70% PG and 30% VG. I've tied some local vape shops in Dallas, TX but I did not like the flavors they came with. I did get a few shipped, but I keep going back to the Menthol ones I bought from Provari.

So I was hoping you guys can point me to a few eJuices that have less PG and more VG that are popular.

My current P3 and Aspire tank set up is at 11 Watts, 4.5 Volts and 1.8 Ohms.

I started wit 18mg nicotine and currently at 6mg.

I am experiencing dry mouth issues, and also, I feel I am vaping a lot more, compared to when I used to smoke. I can say I 15ML eJuice in 3 to 4 days. Not sure if that's a lot.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
There are many vendors that give you an option of which pg/vg percentage you would like. I like Vape Wild. Haven't had a flavor I didn't like....so far. And I do max vg. If you you are looking for 100% vg , I've tried Vape Kitchen. They have good (and some unique )flavors. Also, since you are in Dallas, have you tried Good Vapes? It's my goto b&m. And they will mix any flavor to max vg, extra flavor,etc. And there house blend is 65vg/ 35. So if you wanna try that first, do that. Pg is not so much unhealthy. Just some people are sensitive or allergic to it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've used Dripeez, VapeRite, and Virgin Vapors. They all offer options in the pg/vg ratio you desire (100% vg if you want). They are also all-natural, all-organic flavorings.

Dry mouth can be caused by both pg and vg. Drink plenty of water to rehydrate yourself.

I typically vape around 5 - 7 ml per day.

Last edited:
Reactions: VizagDude

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Now my question is, I see a lot of talk about PG and VG juices. Obviously I want to get the juice that is lower risk to my health and from reading around looks like VG juices are recommended.

I do not believe that high VG juice can be recommended for health benefits. It could be opposite for some people. While allergy to PG was reported, but bad feeling in lungs after high VG was reported also. As a beginner you may want to order small bottles of juice with different PG/VG ratio (like 50/50, 30/50 and highest VG) and try for yourself what is better for you. Some people like more throat hit and use high PG juice (not me, however).

As for health overall there is no data that says that whether PG or VG is preferred liquid.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The DFW area has approximately 60 vape shops, no reason to keep buying mail order juice you don't like. I'd keep trying to find what you like locally.
All the ones Ive been to that actually make / mix their own liquids offer almost any pg/vg ratio the customer wants and have a way to try / taste flavors before you buy.
Many also carry the supposedly premium / artisan / well known brands.
Several area B&M's say they make their own juice but actually don't.

Pg/Vg ratio is a personal preference thing for most folks, one is not safer than the other unless an individual has a sensitivity to pg or vg.

You may be vaping more ml because you reduced nicotine mg% too quickly, going from 18mg to 6 mg in 7 weeks seems an extremely rapid reduction to me.
I started in the 30's & now vape 6mg in normal ohm ranges & 2mg - 3mg subohm, I stepped down in increments of 2mg over a relatively long time period.
My juice consumption has not increased since I started vaping except when using subohm resistance ranges.

Reactions: VizagDude

VizagDude

Apr 25, 2015
The DFW area has approximately 60 vape shops, no reason to keep buying mail order juice you don't like. I'd keep trying to find what you like locally.
All the ones Ive been to that actually make / mix their own liquids offer almost any pg/vg ratio the customer wants and have a way to try / taste flavors before you buy.
Many also carry the supposedly premium / artisan / well known brands.
Several area B&M's say they make their own juice but actually don't.

Pg/Vg ratio is a personal preference thing for most folks, one is not safer than the other unless an individual has a sensitivity to pg or vg.

You may be vaping more ml because you reduced nicotine mg% too quickly, going from 18mg to 6 mg in 7 weeks seems an extremely rapid reduction to me.
I started in the 30's & now vape 6mg in normal ohm ranges & 2mg - 3mg subohm, I stepped down in increments of 2mg over a relatively long time period.
My juice consumption has not increased since I started vaping except when using subohm resistance ranges.
You might have a point there. In order to reduce the nicotine I might be Vaping more. I'll get some 12mg to see how much I consume.

VizagDude

Apr 25, 2015
I do not believe that high VG juice can be recommended for health benefits. It could be opposite for some people. While allergy to PG was reported, but bad feeling in lungs after high VG was reported also. As a beginner you may want to order small bottles of juice with different PG/VG ratio (like 50/50, 30/50 and highest VG) and try for yourself what is better for you. Some people like more throat hit and use high PG juice (not me, however).

As for health overall there is no data that says that whether PG or VG is preferred liquid.
Thanks for this information. I've been doing some reading on PG/VG and the majority of them were saying they had less complications from VG compared to PG. That was the reason I thought VG would be a better choice. But I hear what you are sayin...

SirPapers

Moved On
May 29, 2014
Australia
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple identities are not permitted on ECF

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Thanks for this information. I've been doing some reading on PG/VG and the majority of them were saying they had less complications from VG compared to PG. That was the reason I thought VG would be a better choice. But I hear what you are sayin...

The overwhelming majority of the problems come from "sensitivity" issues. Allergies.

If you're not having any problems yourself then there really isn't a medical reason to change. You may however prefer the thicker vapor that a higher VG juice will give you though, but that's just personal preference, not a medical reason. There is something to consider though. You say you have an "Aspire" tank. Aspire is a manufacturer and they have several different tanks to choose from. Some do not work well with high VG juices. Before you switch to a high VG juice you really need to figure out exactly which tank you have and find out (Ask here) if it can even handle a high VG juice. If it can't then what you'll get is a lot of really nasty burnt tasting hits from your tank.

For example, I use an Aspire Nautilus at work, and I would not recommend using any higher than a 60VG/40PG mix juice in the tank. Even that is sort of pushing the limits a little, and it works best with a 50/50 blend. VG is VERY thick, it takes special wicking to handle high VG juices.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Just to add some balance, I get congested vaping high vg, but I can vape pure pg all day. All my mixes are 70% pg now, any lower and it feels like I can't breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread