eye tearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaincomehome

Jan 15, 2010
California
I bought a couple egos and very happy to be smoking only a few analogues a day. However, I've been getting a "pink eye" a couple of times a day. Lots of tearing and irritation of the right eye only. It seems like it could be from the juice.
Has anyone experienced this? It's hard to pin down the ejuice because I've got a variety of them -PG and VG - that came as a sample pack. I am also getting sniffles which seems to be related, perhaps from not smoking analogues?

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
Check out the thread about symptoms of quitting smoking. If it's not on there you may have a cold or be suffering from spring allergies. Give a call to your doc and see if he/she thinks you should come in. Mine gave me a nasal spray prescription for allergies that has really worked well this year (when I remember to use it :)).

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
How much nicotine? Nicotine is a skin irritant, including in vapor form. In 100% PG nicotine's irritation is buffered the least. It can irritate anything the vapor is touching including your nose, tongue, throat, lung and I guess your eye. If you have medium or high nic then try juices with at least 30% VG. Like 70pg/30vg. If your nicotine is overly high (like over 24mg) try lower. If you are dripping, maybe try cartos - I think dripping gives me the most vapor in the face.

Last edited:

spaincomehome

Jan 15, 2010
California
Touching my eye seems like the most likely problem and I will try to vape with more ventilation. I do get a fair amount of liquid on my fingers. How bad is this? I know that pure nicotine is deadly but is amount I pick up while dripping really bad over the long run?

How much nicotine? Nicotine is a skin irritant, including in vapor form. In 100% PG nicotine's irritation is buffered the least. It can irritate anything the vapor is touching including your nose, tongue, throat, lung and I guess your eye. If you have medium or high nic then try juices with at least 30% VG. Like 70pg/30vg. If your nicotine is overly high (like over 24mg) try lower. If you are dripping, maybe try cartos - I think dripping gives me the most vapor in the face.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Touching my eye seems like the most likely problem and I will try to vape with more ventilation. I do get a fair amount of liquid on my fingers. How bad is this? I know that pure nicotine is deadly but is amount I pick up while dripping really bad over the long run?
It depends on the strength of the nicotine juice you are using...

Generally speaking though, getting a bit on your fingers now and then isn't bad.
Just don't go soaking your fingers in a bowl of nicotine juice though.
:)

As far as "over the long run" it isn't a problem.
Nicotine is not an "over the long run" thing, it does not build up in your system over time like that.

If you get too much nicotine too soon, you'll know it, because you'll get a headache and sick to your stomach.
If that isn't happening, then you're not having a problem with how much nicotine you get on your fingers.

Some people wash it off right away, other people just wipe it off, and some lick even it off.
It just depends on how paranoid you are about it.
:)

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
The amount of nicotine that you get on your hands from standard ejuice strengths isn't going to hurt you d, short of irritating sensitive skin or mucus membranes. It's DIY liquid that needs precautions before use. Just remember to wash your hands or use a wet wipe before putting your fingers near your eyes or... well, other places. :D

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
I used to just wipe my fingers on a tissue or lick them off and I never had any problem with it, but now I have 2 three and a half month old Shih Tzu puppies that lick and chew my fingers all the time so I'm way careful to wash my hands after I fill my juice bottle on my bottom feeder. That little bit of juice on my fingers isn't enough to harm me, but they are so tiny. Plus, having a bottom feeder means I only touch juice every other day or so unless I decide to drip a different flavor now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread