best rda for fun/competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnelclouds

Sep 25, 2014
Tucson,AZ,USA
Hey guys my mod recently took a dive it was a cheap nemi clone with an i go w4. I figured i would get a new rda since i am getting a new mod but the only issue is that i cant decide. I want to know everyones fav cloud chasing rda, and if anyone has any opinions on the magma rda, vs the tobh atty. Also if anyone has tried the infinite mephisto, i really want to get the best rda i can this time around since i dont really have it in my budget to get a new one as often as i would like. i appreciate all opinions thanks guys.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Hey guys my mod recently took a dive it was a cheap nemi clone with an i go w4. I figured i would get a new rda since i am getting a new mod but the only issue is that i cant decide. I want to know everyones fav cloud chasing rda, and if anyone has any opinions on the magma rda, vs the tobh atty. Also if anyone has tried the infinite mephisto, i really want to get the best rda i can this time around since i dont really have it in my budget to get a new one as often as i would like. i appreciate all opinions thanks guys.
Magma is a flavor chaser, tobh is nice but your gonna have to drill some holes. IMO get the mutation x by indulgence 25- 30 bucks for an authentic with all the air you will ever need.

DesmondTheMoonbear

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
maryland
id agree with wraith about the mutation and its airflow. that thing is a killer cloud producer, but the flavor is lacking IMO.
The magma is [for me] a huge PITA to build on, but the under-coil airflow is pretty cool.
The Mephisto would be my choice if i were to buy it again, if only for the fact that the post holes are friggin' gargantuan.
parallel continuous 20g coils? no problem on that thing, and that's definitely something to think about if you do in fact plan on using this for competition at some point.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Magma is a flavor chaser, tobh is nice but your gonna have to drill some holes. IMO get the mutation x by indulgence 25- 30 bucks for an authentic with all the air you will ever need.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. Mute X.

I love mine and the air flow is extremely adjustable. Want flavor, close that baby down tight. Want clouds? open up all 18 (yeah, that's right) air holes. I don't have the lungs for wide open but it has become my favorite atty. Even over the $115 Plume Veil I have.

funnelclouds

Sep 25, 2014
Tucson,AZ,USA
see and thats my issue haha they all have really awesome features and it would be nice to have a dripper that could be used in a comp on a whim and not have to go out and buy a new one. although i have heard the large flathead screws will snap smaller gauge if your not careful. I am trying to rule some out i ruled out the 454 because i really don't think i need something like that right now and if i do i can always budget for it. I am gonna look into the mutation right now i appreciate it guys

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
id agree with wraith about the mutation and its airflow. that thing is a killer cloud producer, but the flavor is lacking IMO.

Actually, it can be quite flavorful. It doesn't have to be run wide open and when I close mine down to say, one or one and half of the two holes next to it, the Phillip Rocke Creme de la Creme is absolutely delicious.

funnelclouds

Sep 25, 2014
Tucson,AZ,USA
Exactly what I was going to suggest. Mute X.

I love mine and the air flow is extremely adjustable. Want flavor, close that baby down tight. Want clouds? open up all 18 (yeah, that's right) air holes. I don't have the lungs for wide open but it has become my favorite atty. Even over the $115 Plume Veil I have.

Really? would you say that the mute x produces larger clouds the the plume ?( assuming you have had similar builds in both)

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Really? would you say that the mute x produces larger clouds the the plume ?( assuming you have had similar builds in both)

Absolutely. It's like sucking on a fog machine. :laugh: Don't get me wrong though, the Plume is a very good atty in its own right and does produce good clouds.

The feature I like the best about the X is its versatility. Depending on the air flow you have it set at, you can get really big, thick clouds or really good flavor.

funnelclouds

Sep 25, 2014
Tucson,AZ,USA
Absolutely. It's like sucking on a fog machine. :laugh: Don't get me wrong though, the Plume is a very good atty in its own right and does produce good clouds.

The feature I like the best about the X is its versatility. Depending on the air flow you have it set at, you can get really big, thick clouds or really good flavor.

Yeah i had a buddy over the other day he had the plume on an fu hatten with parallel i think it was around 5 wraps but it was def impressive but i didnt want to have the exact same setup i just checked out the mute x and it looks like a monster

funnelclouds

Sep 25, 2014
Tucson,AZ,USA
Hmm what's wring with IGO W? I have a wide bore Pyrex glass top on mine. I vape this more then my tobh or plume veil. With the glass it's one of the cleanest vape.

the positive contact has melted what happened was i set the mod down upright and the spring is going bad, im sure you know where this is going, it fired for at least 2 min and i walked around my entire house trying to find what was burning haha anyway the out come was not good the contact pin in the mod fell off and the center posi post in the i go is very wobbly. the battery vented i was using the 30 mah purple efest. not a fun situation lol

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Georgia
I have to disagree with the Mutation X as the best for cloud chasing. I purchased one and it did not produce "huge" clouds. I personally like the Tugboat by Flawless it will cost you around $90 for an authentic one and now they have the V2 out.

You are going to have to drill your own holes for any RDA if you want to use for comp. I really don't care that the Mutation X has 18 air holes ... its basically 18 pin holes. I have widened my stock Tugboat holes to 1/8th plus added extra holes on top of that.

When I just had the 1/8th size holes on each side I could still produce bigger clouds with it than the Mutation X. I build really low and use really low gauge wires. So I would suggest the Tugboat or either the Tugboat V2 you can't go wrong with it.

owmang

Jul 3, 2014
New Zealand`
I have to disagree with the Mutation X as the best for cloud chasing. I purchased one and it did not produce "huge" clouds. I personally like the Tugboat by Flawless it will cost you around $90 for an authentic one and now they have the V2 out.

You are going to have to drill your own holes for any RDA if you want to use for comp. I really don't care that the Mutation X has 18 air holes ... its basically 18 pin holes. I have widened my stock Tugboat holes to 1/8th plus added extra holes on top of that.

When I just had the 1/8th size holes on each side I could still produce bigger clouds with it than the Mutation X. I build really low and use really low gauge wires. So I would suggest the Tugboat or either the Tugboat V2 you can't go wrong with it.

i agree with your views on the tugboat. but the plume veil is king when it comes to blowing clouds but the plume veil only really shines with 22-26 dual parallels. but when you have a well built dual parallel build in the plume veil nothing comes close in terms of blowing massive clouds. imo it makes the tugboat obsolete

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Georgia
i agree with your views on the tugboat. but the plume veil is king when it comes to blowing clouds but the plume veil only really shines with 22-26 dual parallels. but when you have a well built dual parallel build in the plume veil nothing comes close in terms of blowing massive clouds. imo it makes the tugboat obsolete

Yeah I would have to agree to disagree on that. I feel I can blow as big if not bigger clouds on a Tugboat.

It really just comes down to what RDA you prefer. If you prefer 4 post over 3 post then would choose Plume. I don't need 4 post to build some low ohms builds.

Also like I stated earlier if you go to cloud comps or have participated in them you will see everyone that is blowing big clouds has there RDA modified in some way.

I've seen Tobhs with 12 holes in them, Patriots with 6 holes on each side and 6 holes on the top, Tugboats with holes setup 3 across each 1/8th.

It really just boils down to what your style is when you blow clouds. It's really like an art form to blow huge clouds.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I am recommending the mutation because he wont have to mod anything. I seriously doubt hes going to want to try and drill all kinds of holes in his rdas. That being said the mutation x is versatile, compared to the tugboat once you drill it out your stuck with it. that rda has to then be solely used for a rather specific set of builds or else you are going to have too airy of a draw etc. So, if you are looking for something that will cloud well without having to touch a thing, mutation x is probably one of the best especially looking at the price point. Not to say that the plume veil, zenith tugboat etc. arent all good cloud makers. :)

mikefash

Sep 20, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I like the Enigma V2, has the built in large drip tip.

To this date the biggest vape producer is the JB Steamworks wide bore kit for IGO W. Vape production is much cooler. Plume Veil great but dual 22 gauge on this thing gets so hot. Even with the delrin blocker. Short cap + 22 gauge = screaming clouds. That is if you have lips still. Tugboat seems a little more resistant to heat because of the beefy top cap. But still get's pretty hot because of the condensed vapor coming out of the small drip tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread