Best single coil build at 1.1-1.2 ohm (max 20W) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0716

May 30, 2013
So Cal
Hey folks. I just got my hands on an eleaf istick..and this things runs max 20 watts at only 1.1 ohm lowest.

I have veritas coming in mail and I would like to build a single coil (horizontal) build on here at about 1.1-1.2 ohms.

What woild be be the best choice? I usually build my mech setups to around 0.2-0.4 but Ive never done single coil builds at this high of resistance.. any help is appreciated

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Hey folks. I just got my hands on an eleaf iStick..and this things runs max 20 watts at only 1.1 ohm lowest.

I have veritas coming in mail and I would like to build a single coil (horizontal) build on here at about 1.1-1.2 ohms.

What woild be be the best choice? I usually build my mech setups to around 0.2-0.4 but Ive never done single coil builds at this high of resistance.. any help is appreciated
I also have the Istick, and have happily been pairing it with a Nautilus mini. I just got an Atomic 3 days ago and have already done a twisted single coil, a dual coil, both at 1-1.1 ohm and just hours ago a 2 ohm single......so far the best for me, flavor and vapor has been the twisted. I did a little different twisted as I have 32 gage from when I thought I would rebuild Kanger Pro tanks.....HAHA, yeah never happened Sooooo I twisted 2 twisted 32 gage and then twisted them together......metered at .97, but after heating and pinching it read on the Istick right at 1 ohm and I fired it at 20W......That was the best build for me so far! I will be trying to replicate it before the night is over.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Did not know the Istick would work with a 1.1 until I read this. I just tried twisted for the first time last night. Wanted to make a 1.4 so it would work on my Vamo. Ended up with 1.1 and so I used it on a mod. Holy moly the flavor!
(I rebuild Kanger Protanks with 30 gauge)
If I were to twist 30 gauge how many wraps to make 1.4?
I also have the Istick, and have happily been pairing it with a Nautilus mini. I just got an Atomic 3 days ago and have already done a twisted single coil, a dual coil, both at 1-1.1 ohm and just hours ago a 2 ohm single......so far the best for me, flavor and vapor has been the twisted. I did a little different twisted as I have 32 gage from when I thought I would rebuild Kanger Pro tanks.....HAHA, yeah never happened Sooooo I twisted 2 twisted 32 gage and then twisted them together......metered at .97, but after heating and pinching it read on the Istick right at 1 ohm and I fired it at 20W......That was the best build for me so far! I will be trying to replicate it before the night is over.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Did not know the Istick would work with a 1.1 until I read this. I just tried twisted for the first time last night. Wanted to make a 1.4 so it would work on my Vamo. Ended up with 1.1 and so I used it on a mod. Holy moly the flavor!
(I rebuild Kanger Protanks with 30 gauge)
If I were to twist 30 gauge how many wraps to make 1.4?

I'm still new to this, and I'm kinda a tinkerer......lol. So I went and and checked all the builds in the house that I have done recently, 2 Magma builds ( mine and my husbands) and they are 1.1 and 1.6 ohm, both twisted builds( 28 gage)......1.1 was nine wraps and the 1.6 is 14 wraps. I also did a build last night (took a couple attempts) trying to replicate the 1.0 ohm twisted on the Atomic (not alot of room in there) and ended up with 1.1 ohm twisted 28 gage on i believe is a 1/16 drill bit at nine wraps.

I sit sometimes for hours after everybody is in bed and just fiddle around, still trying to find my favorite thing, so far the best flavor for me has been a twisted coil........the build last night on the Atomic is 1.1 and I tightened up the air flow to the middle draw and am running it at 17.5w today.........20W was and is doable but it seemed to taste better/but less warm(and I like warm) at 17-18 W...........LOL this has become an obsession trying to find the best and working with what I have......only 28 gage and 32 gage. Doing a twisted 32 and then twisting them again was fun and flavorful...........

Then I start playing around with the different draws and then the different drip tip......it is maddening sometimes....LOL but on Nov 22 I will be smoke free for 1 yr....so its all good, I'm just having fun with new toys! Enjoy! Try 10 - 12 wraps of that twisted 30 and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread