What are the best above-ohm builds for mech mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I would suggest picking one rda and sticking with it for awhile. There's a lot more to a build than gauge, wraps and ID. Look at the design of your rda, where the air comes in, how it flows through before going up through the drip tip. Changing the placement of your coil in that airflow can also have a big effect on flavor and vapor. Experiment with being closer to the air source, or further from it, have the air hit the top of your cool, or the bottom, or smack in the middle. Lots of variables to tweak.

Reactions: Chuy

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hi everyone,

I'm not new to mech mods or sub-ohm vaping on mech mods, but I don't really like the idea of sub-ohming on a single 18650 (the only mechs I own are single-battery).

I've been doing that for 3 years now with no problems at all. Just make sure you are using the right batteries. I vape at .7 ohm on Sony VTC4's and it works like a charm. The mechs I use are single battery too, Poldiacs. Nothing at all wrong with that. You just have to know what you are doing. I don't know how sub-ohm you are thinking of, but there certainly are limits you need to make yourself aware of.

I use a 6/5 wrap 26 kanthal coil over 325 mesh at .7 ohm using only 18650 batteries and I have never had any sort of problem with that. How far sub-ohm are you thinking of going?

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
If your at an ohm that's only about 15 - 18w.

32g would really surprise you. Instant heat up. I wouldn't go over 28 unless you like long draws and heat up times.

A parallel 32g spaced coil would be my first choice. I ran that for a long time and was the best, and fastest performer at 15-20w. Or a single, 2mm, 30g, spaced coil at an ohm, or 28g the same. 28g will take the longest to heat up at an ohm on a mech.

Last edited:
Reactions: VapePassion

GusG

Mar 29, 2016
Just tried this and it performs great. Not above-ohm though, at least not with a 2mm ID.
It does vape great, but you are right, it is not above ohm. If you are still looking for an above ohm build, I would recommend doing the same but with a higher gauge wire. Something like a 30g or even 32g should keep it above 1 ohm.

Reactions: VapePassion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread