The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What are the best above-ohm builds for mech mod?

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by VapePassion, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VapePassion

VapePassion Reviewer / Blogger

May 13, 2015
    Denver, CO
    Thanks, I"ll give it a try!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lessifer

Lessifer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I would suggest picking one rda and sticking with it for awhile. There's a lot more to a build than gauge, wraps and ID. Look at the design of your rda, where the air comes in, how it flows through before going up through the drip tip. Changing the placement of your coil in that airflow can also have a big effect on flavor and vapor. Experiment with being closer to the air source, or further from it, have the air hit the top of your cool, or the bottom, or smack in the middle. Lots of variables to tweak.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vaslovik

Vaslovik Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    I've been doing that for 3 years now with no problems at all. Just make sure you are using the right batteries. I vape at .7 ohm on Sony VTC4's and it works like a charm. The mechs I use are single battery too, Poldiacs. Nothing at all wrong with that. You just have to know what you are doing. I don't know how sub-ohm you are thinking of, but there certainly are limits you need to make yourself aware of.

I use a 6/5 wrap 26 kanthal coil over 325 mesh at .7 ohm using only 18650 batteries and I have never had any sort of problem with that. How far sub-ohm are you thinking of going?

4. JeremyR

JeremyR Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    If your at an ohm that's only about 15 - 18w.

32g would really surprise you. Instant heat up. I wouldn't go over 28 unless you like long draws and heat up times.

A parallel 32g spaced coil would be my first choice. I ran that for a long time and was the best, and fastest performer at 15-20w. Or a single, 2mm, 30g, spaced coil at an ohm, or 28g the same. 28g will take the longest to heat up at an ohm on a mech.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GusG

GusG Full Member

Mar 29, 2016
    It does vape great, but you are right, it is not above ohm. If you are still looking for an above ohm build, I would recommend doing the same but with a higher gauge wire. Something like a 30g or even 32g should keep it above 1 ohm.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.