Best sub ohm vaping kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredljames

Jun 1, 2016
Hi again,

I currently use an Innokin CF4 and Atlantis Nautilus Mini tank with 1.2mg nicotine eliquids. I'm looking for another device to start sub ohm vaping and was wondering what everyone's preferred kits are? Value for money is a big factor (obviously) as well as safety (I won't be rebuilding devices or building coils - just using what the kit comes with).

EDIT: Feel free to tag me in an existing thread and I'll delete this one if it's suitable to avoid rehashing old conversations but please remember there's a lot I've still got to get my head around so again, I'm hoping it can be dumbed down for me!

Thanks in advance

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Currently, one of my setups is a Wismec RX200 (200 watt regulated mod with three 18650 batteries) which can be purchased for around $40. I also use an Uwell Crown clearomizer tank which takes factory-made replacement coils (0.15 ohm, 0.25 ohm, and 0.5 ohm coils). The tank can be purchased in the $20-$25 range, four replacement coils for around $10.

I use three LG 18650 HG2 3000mAh 20A batteries, which generally last me a little longer than two days per charge, vaping at 30 -40 watts on the RX200 (I'm a chain vaper).

(My RX200 has no gaps.)

Last edited:

ph0ng

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2016
www.huffandpuffers.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company / Unregistered Supplier

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
I've been happy with my Kanger Top Tank Mini (about $50 complete w/tank - battery extra)using 0.5 ohm coils at between 20 and 35 watts - depending on the ejuice and how warm you like the vapor. HebeStar Wholesale has a 10 pack of replacement 0.05 OCC coils for $11.99. Sub-ohm vaping consumes loads of ejuice so look for a low-cost supplier like Arkansas Liquid Company with 120 ml bottles of excellent juice for $20.00. Suggest using 6 mg or lower nicotine when vaping sub-ohm as you'll be ingesting tons of vapor.

Fredljames

Jun 1, 2016
I've been happy with my Kanger Top Tank Mini (about $50 complete w/tank - battery extra)using 0.5 ohm coils at between 20 and 35 watts - depending on the ejuice and how warm you like the vapor. HebeStar Wholesale has a 10 pack of replacement 0.05 OCC coils for $11.99. Sub-ohm vaping consumes loads of ejuice so look for a low-cost supplier like Arkansas Liquid Company with 120 ml bottles of excellent juice for $20.00. Suggest using 6 mg or lower nicotine when vaping sub-ohm as you'll be ingesting tons of vapor.
I've been looking at Kanger devices actually so thank you!! I'll have a look at that one :)

Fredljames

Jun 1, 2016
I honestly love the iStick Pico. its a great little stealthy device that uses a single 18650 the kit comes with the mod itself and the melo 3 mini all for around $45. what is great about the tank is that you can use any atlantis/triton coil with it. the stock coils that come with the kit are decent but i still prefer using the triton clapton coils. hope that helps.
Oooh I don't think I've seen this one but I'll have a look - does this mean I could use a sub ohm tank and my normal Atlantis tank on the battery?

Fredljames

Jun 1, 2016
Currently, one of my setups is a Wismec RX200 (200 watt regulated mod with three 18650 batteries) which can be purchased for around $40. I also use an Uwell Crown clearomizer tank which takes factory-made replacement coils (0.15 ohm, 0.25 ohm, and 0.5 ohm coils). The tank can be purchased in the $20-$25 range, four replacement coils for around $10.

I use three LG 18650 HG2 3000mAh 20A batteries, which generally last me a little longer than two days per charge, vaping at 30 -40 watts on the RX200 (I'm a chain vaper).

(My RX200 has no gaps.)

Wow thanks so much! I'll look into these ones :)

Reactions: Baditude

ph0ng

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2016
www.huffandpuffers.com
  • Deleted by retired1

1erCru

Aug 14, 2015
I honestly love the iStick Pico. its a great little stealthy device that uses a single 18650 the kit comes with the mod itself and the melo 3 mini all for around $45. what is great about the tank is that you can use any atlantis/triton coil with it. the stock coils that come with the kit are decent but i still prefer using the triton clapton coils. hope that helps.
I'll second the iStick Pico, but with the Aspire Cleito tank. A little more liquid capacity and a bit more flavor than the Melo 3 tank IMHO.

I also have and like the Kanger Topbox Mini, but much prefer it with Uwell Crown tank. The Kanger toptank and subtank coils just don't produce the same flavor and have a much tighter draw than either the Cleito or Crown.

As always, YMMV.

Reactions: ph0ng

ph0ng

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2016
www.huffandpuffers.com
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread