Best tank to use with a Mech mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Smoktech Magneto has a 7/8 inch diameter (1 inch = 25mm). I suggest a 25mm IBTanked pyrex cartotank. You'll have the option of three tank lengths: halfling (shorty cartos), standard (35mm cartos), and XL (45mm cartos). Low profile stainless steel endcaps ($17.50). Glass tube is $ 7.00. Large selection of drip tips on the website, as well as the appropriate cartomizer to use (Boge vs Smoktech). I prefer Ikenvape cartos from the Ikenvape website.

25mm tank juice capacities:

25mm HalfLing = 2ml
25mm Standard = 5ml
25mm XL = 8ml

Many people using a mechanical mod prefer using low resistance cartomizers. Others find that too warm or harsh and will use standard resistance. Single or dual cartos is also a personal preference; I prefer single coils after trying both.

25mm std.jpg IBTank-25mm-std.jpg IBTanked25mmsb.jpg 25mm IBTanked on Silver Bullet

hafling.jpg halfling tank

IBTanked-large-small.jpg XL and standard tanks

IBTanked pyrex tank review

Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide

Last edited:

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
I just did the conversion (well the site did it). 7/8" = 22.22mm. SO, I hate to disagree with Baditude (they are the master of all things carto tanks), but the 22mm IBTanked might be a better look. BTW, IBTanked is freaking awesome. Great prices, great service, and using the Thingy to prime your cartos is genius.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just did the conversion (well the site did it). 7/8" = 22.22mm. SO, I hate to disagree with Baditude (they are the master of all things carto tanks), but the 22mm IBTanked might be a better look.
That is probably more accurate. My ruler showed 25mm = 1 inch. I only estimated that 7/8 inch would be closer to the 25mm tank than the 22mm. Amish Ed is likely more accurate. 22mm sounds best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread