Sub ohm tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I just purchased my first mech mod, it is a magneto v2 and I was wondering if I can use my uwell crown tank on it, it has a .25 dual coil. Thanks for any advice.

0.25ohms is about the minimum resistance I run on any mech, so remember you are running at the boundary of battery amp limits and still have safety room, so do not red line your battery in a mech all the time (Voltage/Resistance=Amps, use fresh full charge of 4.2v for this calculation). Being the Magneto has a positive contact pin, there should be no issues, just be aware as you use the tank, the insulators of the center pin will age and break down faster with the 0.25ohm coil head compared to the 0.5ohm heads. Definitely "DO NOT" run the tank on a mech mod like the Tugboat Tube, Noisey Cricket, SMPL, or other mods that do not have a positive contact pin. As insulators age and wear out they shrink, allowing the pin to recess further and further into the 510 threading assembly, once flush, on a Faux-Hybrid like the SMPL, the top of the battery then makes contact with both the positive pin and negative threads of the connection creating a dead short, battery goes thermal, worst case scenario you get an expensive trip to the hospital, the Magneto should not run into this issue being it has a positive contact pin to match the positive pin of the tank.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I wouldn't. What for? You really can't make a mech work well unless you build coils for it. With something like the Crown, it's really intended for a regulated mod. And .25 is lower than I personally care to go on a one-battery tube mech. I suggest new mech users stay at .5 or above until they gain some experience. It's too easy to have a real problem-- like serious problem-- unless you know exactly what you're doing. Even if you do have tons of experience--I do, and it worries me-- it can still bite you with low coils because you never know when you'll get an autofire or a stuck button or set it down with the lock ring off. If you really want to do that, use nothing but a Sony VTC4 or LG HB6 or LG HD2C battery.

Reactions: MoDmAnDaN

Kolby

Apr 9, 2016
0.25ohms is about the minimum resistance I run on any mech, so remember you are running at the boundary of battery amp limits and still have safety room, so do not red line your battery in a mech all the time (Voltage/Resistance=Amps, use fresh full charge of 4.2v for this calculation). Being the Magneto has a positive contact pin, there should be no issues, just be aware as you use the tank, the insulators of the center pin will age and break down faster with the 0.25ohm coil head compared to the 0.5ohm heads. Definitely "DO NOT" run the tank on a mech mod like the Tugboat Tube, Noisey Cricket, SMPL, or other mods that do not have a positive contact pin. As insulators age and wear out they shrink, allowing the pin to recess further and further into the 510 threading assembly, once flush, on a Faux-Hybrid like the SMPL, the top of the battery then makes contact with both the positive pin and negative threads of the connection creating a dead short, battery goes thermal, worst case scenario you get an expensive trip to the hospital, the Magneto should not run into this issue being it has a positive contact pin to match the positive pin of the tank.
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread