Best tanks for cinnamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sybilance

Sep 23, 2014
BC, Canada
I've read a lot about how cinnamon and other strong flavours can damage plastic tanks. I looove cinnamon but I bought it before I read about how it can damage plastic tanks. I've just started vaping with an Evod starter kit, it's been a really good ecig for me, but I'm worried about damaging it, so I've been strongly diluting the cinnamon with vanilla (it's not bad). Would something like the Protank 3 mini be a good choice for something like cinnamon, or would I need something else entirely?

twall

Moved On
Sep 10, 2014
Jamestown, NY,USA
Pretty much anything glass, from what I've been told. My local shop wouldn't even sell me venom (cinnamon menthol) unless I had a glass tank or an Aspire CE5-S.

The CE5-S is just a plain old plastic clearomizer, but it has a steel sleeve around it with slots to see the juice. They said strong flavors that shattered other plastic tanks didn't bother that one. The steel sleeve must have something to do with it. Probably helps hold it together. Although if it sits too long, I imagine even that tank will start to melt.

I now have an Aerotank mini for stuff like that. Stuff I don't vape a lot of, so it tends to sit in the tank.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Pretty much anything glass, from what I've been told. My local shop wouldn't even sell me venom (cinnamon menthol) unless I had a glass tank or an Aspire CE5-S.

The CE5-S is just a plain old plastic clearomizer, but it has a steel sleeve around it with slots to see the juice. They said strong flavors that shattered other plastic tanks didn't bother that one. The steel sleeve must have something to do with it. Probably helps hold it together. Although if it sits too long, I imagine even that tank will start to melt.

I now have an Aerotank mini for stuff like that. Stuff I don't vape a lot of, so it tends to sit in the tank.

If it works, it is because of the type of plastic, not the metal around it. It is Polycarbonate that has a chemical reaction with some liquids, and most "plastic" tanks are polycarbonate, because that is the one that is clear, firm, and can be threaded. Glass is by far the safest option though, and it makes sense to only buy glass, because it is really easy to forget and put the wrong liquid into a tank. Guess how I know that? (And I really did like my Unitank.)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
cinnamon is one of the reasons I insist my tanks are full metal jacket, SS. Tanks should be built like tanks. Glass is fine, won't crack, but, if dropped, will break, not a tank, tanks should not break on impact, bottles do though. Tanks should be built like, well, TANKS!!!

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread