Best temperature ranges for different types of FLAVOURS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
So I now have the cool fire plus 70W as well as the 40W capable CF4.

CF4 for subtank nano .5ohm at between 25 - 35W and CF plus for Aspire cleito .4ohm between 40W and 60W.

I only vape 60Vg or higher and only at 1.5mg so it's not a question about different mixes etc, only which kind of flavours vape best at higher or lower Watts.

I have noticed CREAMY liquids taste good starting out low and then it gets dull and you up the heat from 40W to 60W and it has a richer, warmer taste.

I have noticed if you want to bring the fruit out of a fruit and crème or fruit and bakery juice like M' Milk or 'Hat Trick' or Mr Oh Cookie Face, lower Watts give more of the fruit, higher watts more of the crème / cookie etc.

I am about to decided which tank to vape Space Jam eclipse 5o/50 at 1.5mg in and thought I'd get some ideas... Cleito or Nano...?

All the dessert liquids shine in the Cleito so no contest there, but I'm thinking the 50/50 tobacco might be one for the Nano...

And then please have general conversation about which Flavours (just the flavour at high VG) shine best at which temperatures....

Many Thanks

Hotter Wire (Just gone up 30W in capacity!)

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
Can't really use watts or volts as a temperature guide .... Each different atty and coil build requires different settings. A dual coil rda with 70 watts may be the same temp as a higher ohm single coil at 15 watts in a different atty.

That said, I usually vape fruit juices, particularly a diy peach/melon brew at high vg as an adv. It's excellent at a cool, low temp, 390F. But when I bump it up to 440-450, WHOA! The flavor is doubled, and it takes on a creamy taste never noticed at the lower temps. Going thru twice as much juice, but the flavor is outstanding!

Sent with Tapatalk

Reactions: Ablonz

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm not sure there are any "written in stone" rules to follow when it comes to flavors and vape temperatures.

Back in the day (3 - 4 years ago) when I was using standard resistance cartomizers in cartotanks, I found that fruit flavors were better with lower voltages, and coffee or desert flavors were better at higher voltages. Today, I'm building my own coils and using higher power (sub-ohm), and I'm not so certain the old rules apply for the way I'm vaping.

General rule I now follow is to start out low, gradually increase the power until it tastes a little burnt, then back down a bit. Regardless of the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread