Subtank nano VS Aspire Cleito - comparisons please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Okay so I enjoy the subtank nano on my CF4 with .5ohm SSOCC coils at around 30W.

I use 70VG30PG liquids, 3mg.

I am interested in a cheap RDA like a derringer to start out with but am very lazy so would prefer to have as close to that experience in a tank where I can use pre-made coils....

Looking to get a second tank so can have two flavours to choose from on the go at once. Also so can have one at lower ohm and higher watts if .5ohm and 30W gets stagnant.

I am considering another subtank nano (I like the build of them, super solid) and using the new .5ohm Clapton coils in it

OR

Getting an Aspire Cleito - they look pretty cool as they do away with the chimney, and Aspire make quality tanks (I have a rarely used Nautilus Mini) - BUT apparently the .4ohm coils need at least 40W to fire, so I'm guessing they wont be much good on my CF4...?

I'd rather not have to buy an extra PV to be honest and just use the CF4

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Might buy a Kanger .5 ohm clapton coil first and see if they're better. The Cleito's look good though an have rave reviews... 40W minimum though and my Cf4 maxes out there, so would probably not be great....

I read put pin holes in the wicks of the nano coils and they perform better. Plus it seems my CF4 battery performance is on it's way out....

bah humbug

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well had a go on the Cleito at 40W ion a CF4 in the vape shop and it was really good for flavour, so pulled the trigger and bough the Cleito tank as they took out the packaged .2ohm coil and sold it to me with two .4ohm calpton coils....

My CF4 will do 40W so that's cool and I fired it at 35W in the store on a CF4 and it vaped well, even thought they are rated 40-60W, though the flavour did drop off and when put it back up to 40W the flavour did come back more

The guys in store and people online are saying at least 2 weeks coil life....

I'll put in some liquid tonight and do a quick review here.....

then have to decide whether 40W is good enough for it or to get the CF4 plus which goes to 70W....

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Vaping 99 VG Mile High Drip 'Sinful' in my new Cleito tank and .4ohm coil at 40W.

Halfway through a tank.

First impressions.

Draw. Really 'easy' vape, less struggle than drawing on a subtank nano even with nano's airhole open full. I like Subtank nano's but this is just wow.

Flavour. Excellent flavour, a really pure taste and real easy draw you feel like you're not inhaling much and then you blow out this huge tasty cloud. It is a very cool vape though with the airflow fully open which is massive, four massive holes each the size of the subtank nano's widest airflow hole.

Wanting a warmer vape, I put the airflow holes halfway and it warms up and is still a massive cloud, easy draw, no struggle or spitting just a real easy draw and massive cloud. You have to draw only about half as long as you do for same satisfaction on the subtank nano.

Like all things though, once you've had the airflow open full, the flavour you get is so good compared to closed down, well you're hooked, I am anyway. I reckon at 50W it would give me the warmer vape at fully open airhole.

It's a bit more thirsty than the nano, though not massively, about 20% more is my guestimate based on 'user experience.'

Um did I mention the real easy draw and clean flavour.

I've been doing 3 second draws to get same cloud and satisfaction level as from the nano. I just 'went for it' and took what I thought was a massive long draw and blew out a massive tasty cloud and then was surprised to see on my CF4 readout it was only 5 seconds!

Yeah it's good and if coil life is as good as others are reporting a massive step up from my subtank nano, it all feels just so much like the coil /tank is dealing with the process of wicking, heating and delivering the vape much easier.

It's so good I'm going to use it in tandem with the nano because if I used it all the time, I'd get too used to it. I'll use the nano and when i get bored of it, switch to the Cleito for pure indulgence.

Saying that, I am finishing this tankful tonight without using the nano. But I will use them in tandem so do not get to 'aclimatised' to the Cleito and then want more power, lower ohm coil etc.

But yeah I'm using 99VG juice the nano won't even vape, I have to add a drop of distilled water to each tank of this liquid when using the nano to get it loose enough, the Cleito is handling the 99Vg like it's 65VG 35PG in a subtank nano.

Like I say if performance continues over the coil's lifetime on par with a nano's and the coils last as long as others have reported (guy at shop said two /weeks, have read same in reviews too) I will proclaim this a real step up and evolution in sub ohm pre-built / stock coil vaping.

Just had another 5 second pull, yeah it's really good.

I just hope the coils last as long as the nano's at least and I'll be over the moon.

Only one tank full in to it but so far I could not help but recommend it, best vape not on an RDA I've had and quite close to that, about 80% so - again based on subjective 'user experience.'

A steal for the price and usual Aspire quality, that thick O-ring at the bottom, glass not as thick as my Nautilus Mini, but that's maybe due to the heat that would cause? Coils are well made and wick like champs, I've put my Kanger nano drip tip on it though as the one it comes with was just too wide. Does not hea tup like the subtank nano, but then again it IS a brand new coil, so after a few tanks will be when I can make a more fair comparison.

Very good tank for price so far. Will let you know how long coil lasts. And update soon....

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Okay back on the subtank nano on same CF4 now at .5ohm and 35W.

65VG 35PG - Charlies Chalk Dust 'Dream Cream' mixed with Clutch 'Hat Trick.

I guess as I've got access to two premium flavours now, I am able to appreciate both more. I'm having a good go on the subtank nano and it's still a good vape, this current coil has had about 5 tanks through it so far. The draw is tighter and less airy than the Cleito, but still also a real good vape and good clean taste, though as they do after a few tanks, there's that slightly waxy taste at the end of the exhale, but still good.

So two different vapes really, the Cleito more of a bigger airier draw and better flow, the subtank nano bit tighter, gets a bit warmer after a while but still good.

Hard to say one is better than the other unless I'd vaped the same liquid in both. All I can say is I like them both and it's nice to be able to change flavours without having to clean a tank and change a coil now I have two tanks.

I'd probably be happy with 2 subtank nanos but now I have a Cleito and a Nano. The Cleito can be used for thicker liquids and massive draws and the subtank for 60VG 40PG and still good draws for coil life.

I reckon the Cleito at 50W in the middle of it's range would be impressive but I haven't got the power to do it. But even at 40W, very impressed.

Coil life will be the final judgement regarding the Cleito but looking at the sheer size of it, I predict good coil life.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah three tanks in and my final verdict is the Cleito is a far superior vaping experience.

In the Cleito you taste your juice how it is supposed to taste. In the subtank Nano you get about 75% for the first cpl of tanks and then it drops off from there.

In the Cleito it tastes 100%, you realise why people rave about premium high VG liquids finally as you can finally taste them properly! On my fourth refill now and it still tastes the very exact same as when I first put the coil in and filled it. Tastes just as fresh and clean as the first draw. So much richer than on the nano.

I now find myself wanting to buy another Cleito so I can taste the full extent of my other liquids. Subtank will be kept in a cupboard probably for the vacoplaypse or back up or maybe with a higher Nic tobacco liquid for emergencies...

I have tried Cutwood Boss reserve in the nano and I honestly could not see what people saw in it and why they raved about it. Toked it in a Cleito my colleague had it in today at just 45W on the .4ohm coil and holy cow, full, rich complex, really just amazing, a whole rush of flavours hit you that a subtank nano just does not let through even with a fresh coil.

The Cleito is the same cost, well built and just wins hands down, it's like comparing an Evod to a Nautilus mini for MTL, it is that much better.

Cleito - in my opinion as you can get dripping quality flavour at 40W on a .4ohm coil and not have to run really low ohm coils and chug through juice on say a Herackles at 100W+ - it's the perfect sub ohm tank and certainly for a newbie to sub ohming, skip the rest and buy this.

I have no links to the vaping industry, and I know I'm sounding like a salsesman, but seriously, if you want to truly taste your juice, the Cleito is the way forward if you're not doing RBA / RTA. Simple as that.

Aspire have changed the game here with the chimney-less design in my opinion.

Happy vaping!

Reactions: Garnoch

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
The Cleito tank fires great between 30 and 40 watts. Surprisingly, I fire their .4 coils exactly as I fire the Atlantis or Triton .5 coils. And though the airflow is huge, I'm not a big fan of wide open airflow and have no problems cutting it down on the Cleito at all. 50/50 juice can spit some but not leak. Your juice should work great.

Hotwire nailed the taste aspect. I use to drip years ago, but stopped, and have been searching a long time for a tank situation to give me that flavor. The Atlantis seemed close and was the reason I went sub ohm and I was happy, even happier with Triton IIs clapton coils, but the Cleito nailed it, a real flavor beast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry Potter

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Sounds like the Cleito is the clear winner for taste , pristine taste is the only thing that matters to me . Too bad they don't make this tank for lower wattage vaping , maybe 15-25 watts , it would be even more popular imo.

The Triton II .5 ohm Clapton coils are a close second in taste to me and they also have a 1.8 ohm version and they fit in the Triton II or Atlantis and run between 10 and 13 watts - if you're interested.

Reactions: herb

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I've only vaped two liquids in the two tanks so far.

'Sinful' by Mile High Drip. In the Nano I had to add distilled water. Taste was good but in the Cleito even only at 40W it is like having a bakery inside my mouth, rather than the nano, toking on the fumes from the doorway of the bakery, if that makes any sense.

My blend of 'Dream cream' and Hat trick.' I mix it to make 1.5mg as the flavours are similar. In the nano these creamy textured lixuids feel like a bit of an effort and have a waxiness, they lay heavy on the chest and get quite warm.
In the Cleito this mix at 40W is like vaping a fresh hit of ice cream, cool, fresh and no waxiness or smoky feeling in my chest, just fresh and clean. I feel at about 45 - 50W this would be more fantastic so am now getting the CF4 plus (currently only have CF4.)

You have to get used to the airy draw but when you do, it's worth it. You just compensate by drawing sharper and faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread