Best VV Box Mod around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsu99999

Jun 17, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hey Guys -
I have a Provari, a lava tube, 3 Madvapes VV Box mods a few Egos and various other stuff that I haven't used in years. My absolute favorite are the Madvapes VV Box mods - I love them - perfection. If I could just keep one of the damn things working. They are so cheaply made - I just can't justify buying a 4th.

I know there are various box mod's out there that are custom built and beautiful. What do you guys recommend?

Another question - do the quality (and honestly, power) of the custom expensive box mods match the power of the Madvapes VV?

Specifically, I would like to hear from someone that has a madvapes vv, and moved onto a better built boxmod, comment on the compairision of the vapor production and power between the madvapes and the new unit.

Hands down, to me, the madvapes is the best PV i've ever used. I just need a reliable one.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I have both the madvapes vv box and the vv bottom feeding Sgt Army tank v2.5 and they both hit the exact same. As long as it's vv and the voltage underload is the same, I would imagine that the power is the same. My army tank hits the same as my provari when it's set to the same watts. My army tank drops voltage quite a bit underload, meaning that with a voltmeter, I can set it at say... 3.7 but when I put a carto on it and fire it, it reads maybe 3.5. So you have to keep that in mind. the madvapes vv box doesn't drop underload as much as the more expensive army tank does. (but it doesn't bottom feed either) so say I want one of my vv boxes to hit the same as my provari.. I use the voltmeter to connect to the box and the carto to set the voltage. as you own a provari, you know that the voltage you set is the voltage you get, even with a carto or atty attatched... not so with most other devices.. if you set your other devices to a certain voltage, they will drop when you fire it with a carto or atty. This isn't a problem for me cause I can set the voltage a little higher to compensate. I had a lavatube and couldn't get it to cooperate.. it had a mind of it's own and I never knew what voltage it was giving me unless I actually had the voltmeter attatched to it. (which made it about a foot long LOL I felt like I was vaping a flute) so I sold it.

madvapes sells a voltmeter for around $15.. a very useful little tool. The good thing about the vv boxes I've mentioned.. the voltage stays exactly the same as the batts discharge. THAT is very very important to me.

You probably know that madvapes sells the diy vv box that you can build (and rebuild?) yourself. I'm not good at figuring stuff like that out by myself (someone would have to be here and show me) so I have to buy mine already made. I've had mine several months and have had no problems with it. I would probably buy another if it died.

Last edited:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I know this isn't really an answer to your question, but I've been using my Madvapes vv boxmod for close to a year now. I had to replace the switch, which was a hassle due to the hot glue covering the electronics inside, but other than that I haven't had any trouble with it. If yours can be repaired that might be worth a shot. And you're right, it does provide a pretty good vape, especially for the price.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
You want custom VV, go to Shanmods.com and order one. Available with your choice of graphics in 14500 or 18650 dual battery configurations. Here's what Shan put together for me. I wanted a Warrior theme, with bloody background incorporating a tattoo I designed and my name. This was done in an 18650 box size. Also, at less than $100, it's a KILLER deal for the amount of time she puts into them.

i-zqJPhQ3-M.jpg
i-Xjd4TFp-M.jpg

Loveridden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Schaumburg, IL
I LOVE my Altoids vv box mod from smartvapes - very good quality, and when you open the box you can see the voltage and easily change it with the wheel. It goes from 3.4 to 6 volts. Takes 2 18650 batts and you can change the front easily to a different color if you like. It works GREAT and with my 3000 mah batts - lasts for days. $59 just for the mod and well worth it.

wsu99999

Jun 17, 2011
Seattle, WA
Dude - that is badass! Exactly the type of thing I'm looking for.

In response to the repair of the Madvapes, that's all they need - I just haven't been able to get in there and do it. Does anyone have instructions on how to repair them?

You want custom VV, go to Shanmods.com and order one. Available with your choice of graphics in 14500 or 18650 dual battery configurations. Here's what Shan put together for me. I wanted a Warrior theme, with bloody background incorporating a tattoo I designed and my name. This was done in an 18650 box size. Also, at less than $100, it's a KILLER deal for the amount of time she puts into them.

i-zqJPhQ3-M.jpg
i-Xjd4TFp-M.jpg

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Dude - that is badass! Exactly the type of thing I'm looking for.

In response to the repair of the Madvapes, that's all they need - I just haven't been able to get in there and do it. Does anyone have instructions on how to repair them?

Glad I could help.. ;)

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The VV Reos, [...] notcigs VV PVs,

To answer the OPs question - yes. I have a madvapes VV box - and I have purchased another VV box with more features - and I'm going to purchase yet another VV box with similar features.

I have a notcigs VVPV - and I've set aside a little money for the REO VV (still deciding about getting a Wood VV REO available really soon, or waiting for a metal VV REO Grand available maybe fairly soon).

VV isn't the most important feature in a PV to me. Other things I need to consider are durability, build material, battery life, feeder or non-feeder, what accessories it might need, catch cup vs drip well vs no cup, atty friendliness, carto friendliness, etc etc etc. There's a lot to think about when choosing a PV you plan to use for a long time in to the future.

I have begun to re-think what it is I need a PV to do. Up until recently, I had a few tube mods I don't already own or haven't tried yet on my "wish list". I also had my eye on a couple of other VV box mods for their battery life (dual 18650s in one of them... that one is still tempting). But, the more I think about it, the more I realize that I doubt I'll be buying anything that isn't a feeder any more, unless something better than bottom and top feeders ever comes along.

So, for me anyway, it's all about the features a PV has and VV is just one of many features available in PVs. In the case of my newest VV device (the vvpv) and what I expect from my next one, it's all about hassle-reduction. I can fill the bottle that holds enough juice to last all day - I can charge it very quickly and the charge lasts all day - and then be out all day never having to fill anything, change anything, charge anything, swap anything, or generally mess around with anything. That's what I expect from the next one too: The VV REO uses the same electronics and bigger batteries. I'll pop in my batteries, fill my bottle, screw on an atty or carto and then just vape all day without having to mess with it.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
I have both the madvapes vv box and the vv bottom feeding Sgt Army tank v2.5 and they both hit the exact same. As long as it's vv and the voltage underload is the same, I would imagine that the power is the same. My army tank hits the same as my provari when it's set to the same watts. My army tank drops voltage quite a bit underload, meaning that with a voltmeter, I can set it at say... 3.7 but when I put a carto on it and fire it, it reads maybe 3.5. So you have to keep that in mind. the madvapes vv box doesn't drop underload as much as the more expensive army tank does. (but it doesn't bottom feed either) so say I want one of my vv boxes to hit the same as my provari.. I use the voltmeter to connect to the box and the carto to set the voltage. as you own a provari, you know that the voltage you set is the voltage you get, even with a carto or atty attatched... not so with most other devices.. if you set your other devices to a certain voltage, they will drop when you fire it with a carto or atty. This isn't a problem for me cause I can set the voltage a little higher to compensate. I had a lavatube and couldn't get it to cooperate.. it had a mind of it's own and I never knew what voltage it was giving me unless I actually had the voltmeter attatched to it. (which made it about a foot long LOL I felt like I was vaping a flute) so I sold it.

madvapes sells a voltmeter for around $15.. a very useful little tool. The good thing about the vv boxes I've mentioned.. the voltage stays exactly the same as the batts discharge. THAT is very very important to me.

You probably know that madvapes sells the diy vv box that you can build (and rebuild?) yourself. I'm not good at figuring stuff like that out by myself (someone would have to be here and show me) so I have to buy mine already made. I've had mine several months and have had no problems with it. I would probably buy another if it died.

Donnah,

When you say the voltage stays the same, do you mean the hit it gives stays the same until the batteries die? Do both the MV box and the Sgt Army box give you powerful hits until the batts die?

I'm having a heck of a time finding a mod that does that, one that I can afford. My original Infinity was like that and every one I have bought since is not like that. I get 2 hours of great warm hits and then 2 hours of mediocre hits and then 2 hours of wimpy un-warm hits:( I bought the new Infinity and it is nothing like my old one and my poor old one is now broken:( I really don't want to spend over $100 so if anyone has any advice, let me know.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Donnah,

When you say the voltage stays the same, do you mean the hit it gives stays the same until the batteries die? Do both the MV box and the Sgt Army box give you powerful hits until the batts die?

I'm having a heck of a time finding a mod that does that, one that I can afford. My original Infinity was like that and every one I have bought since is not like that. I get 2 hours of great warm hits and then 2 hours of mediocre hits and then 2 hours of wimpy un-warm hits:( I bought the new Infinity and it is nothing like my old one and my poor old one is now broken:( I really don't want to spend over $100 so if anyone has any advice, let me know.

I replied to your PM.. yes! the voltage stays the same until the batts die in both vv boxes. Also, the madvapes vv box is a "what you set is what you get" kinda device. It drops very little underload. It's an awesome value!

I've been looking at the vvpv from notcigs also. I would imagine that the voltage stays true with it also. I'd hate to spend that much and then find out it's another LT. But I'm more of a carto girl than an atty girl. I love my carto tanks. I can fill one, change batts and go all day without doing anything but vaping. But I like to mess around with different vaping styles. While I love carto tanks, I also like bottom feeding and dripping. Each method gives a different vaping experience. I don't buy devices very often. What I buy is (other than the LT) what I keep and use. I don't go wild buying different mods.. each purchase is researched and thought out (other than the LT) and has a place in my vaping world......

(other than the LT) :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread