Best way to preserve older e-liquids......

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Thanks again to all who replied.

@stols001 - lol So you thrive in the heat? (Survival of the fittest!) I have a friend like that, who never perspires and thinks temps in the upper 80's are divine. I wilt in the upper 80's and no longer go outside in the 90's+. (COPD doesn't help.) But.......when it's winter and the windchills are -35, I did alright. I even walked on mornings when windchills were -75. Ah, to be young again and tolerate extremes.

I figure I make up for my excesses in summer thermostat settings, during the winter, when I keep it near 60 degrees. My husband passed away, so I'm in control of the thermostat now. Sure doesn't outweigh the loss.

Losing him moved me to vaping over 8 years ago. He had lung cancer and had quit smoking over 23 years before he was diagnosed. I figure I'd do what I could to insure my kids had at least one parent around. I do have to visit my oldest son during specific seasons though, because he has no A/C. He used to live in Yuma, so knows all about the heat. He always wears jeans too! Gotta love your hale and hearty spirit!

I switched to vaping when my MIL was diagnosed with cancer. We got her vaping because she had to be in the hospital, and I figured if she could do it anyone could.

I lost her, my husband, and my brother to cancer in 1.5 years, MIL and husband were lung cancer, brother had a form of blood cancer.

It’s been 3.5 years since my husband passed, and it’s still tough. It’s not a sight you ever forget, and I’m sorry for your loss.

• Love
Reactions: stols001

Bradder

Am I Chip or am I Dale?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
North Carolina, USA
@Less_is_More... but do you remember the fancy airconditioning for cars with the water-filled cooler tray that was hung over the car window?

As for the storage, I know a lot of people have responded and opinions are split. According to flavor manufacturers (Lorann, etc.), the concentrated flavors store best, and basically indefinitely, in a cool, dark place. Cool of course being relative. The same is true for VG and PG storage. Nicotine solutions are degraded by sun, heat, and oxygen. So, again, a cool, very dark, area is preferred with a very tight seal to prevent oxygen exposure. Sorry to say, but none of the suppliers I talked to recommended refrigeration or freezing. Some flavorings will crystalize with freezing.

I have been mixing my own fluids for a long time and keep finding some that are older than a lot of our forum members. :);):) They are still going strong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread