Beta Test Responce Thread For The AGI, 3pk Disposable and the dome dripper and solid ejuice, Join within

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I've been trying to take some pictures for my review but the camera just wont focus so I'll just write it up without them. I haven't had any issues with the device since I've received it.

I'm really liking the design. I didn't think I would like totally flat top cap when I first saw it but its growing on me. The glass tank is a perfect fit and has nice smooth edges. The inside of the top cap some how holds all the juice that condensates inside the top. I don't know why but whenever I go to clean it all the juice is just sticking to the top of the cap and not going back onto my wick. The design of the top is great 3 holes and a separate positive and negative terminal. This is important for U-wick and dual coil designs. You can fill 2 holes and not have to use the third for the negative terminal.

I didn't spend much time in dripper mode just 10 minutes. I did some heavy vaping in those 10 minutes before my thin wire popped. I had no dry hits and good flavor production. After my wire popped I left it with juice pooled up in the bottom over night with no leaking. Some people say they have had some leaking from the filled holes but I did not with it sitting there for 12 hours.

I've run 10 or so tanks in dripper mode. I only had one problem that wasn't caused by my thin wire. After 4-5 tanks without cleaning I was getting a little juice separation but not much. I'm pretty sure this comes from my wick fitting very tight in the hole. One of my favorite things about this this device in genesis mode is you have 3 usable holes for the wick. All the holes are the same size so you can put your mesh wick in any of them. When I was having trouble with my thin wire I placed a wick in all the holes with no trouble. Even the hole close to the negative post is still far enough away I was able to put a wick in without it touching and shorting.

nathkiira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
TN, USA
update on the AGI

my previous wick wasn't working all the great .. so i re-wicked and coiled it (looser coil this time)

working wonderfully .. guess you would call it a Silica U-wick with horizontal coil ..i had too much wire on the negative end at first ..it started to glow ..adjusted it and snipped off the excess .. went from 2 ohm to 1.9 .. working like a champ ..and the wick is staying wet ..yay =)

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I just rewired mine as a dual coil with the wick from my monster mesh, and right when I finish and check for shorts my battery dies. I'll try it out tomorrow. I figured since I had 28 gauge and it needed so many wraps to reach the minimum ohms for my vmax might as well try 2 wicks. It is wired as one continuous coil so it doesn't have that problem where the ohms half.

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
Yes is you have 2 separate coils. I have one wire wrapped into 2 coils only one wire touches the positive and negative. The negative from the first coil goes strait to the second wick and the end of that coil goes to the negative.

example2.jpg

It doesn't half the ohms because both coils are made from one continuous wire.

edit: don't laugh at my picture I cant draw that well with a track-pad, and I cant find my mouse.

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I've never heard it called that before. I just figured it was called dual coil as well because I've had cartos made that way called dual coil.

The carto's were two separate coils with the leads from each going to the positive/negative posts

301px-Resistors_in_parallel.svg.jpg

Here are drawings of both ( using 3 resistors ) that shows both series and parallel and the equations to calc the resistance of each

Series_parallel_resistors.jpg

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
Well whatever you want to call it its working great. I managed to get a few more wraps in and its now 1.6 ohms vs the 1.3 ohms which was barely over the minimum. Also its not spitting juice any more while still producing great vapor.

I have a mechanical coming soon so I won't have to worry about making 1.2+ ohm coils.

Last edited:

trevor148

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I cant remember the name of the carto but I bought them about 2 years ago. I took it apart and the way it was wired was the positive was soldered onto the first coil, from the first coil no resist wire was clamped on and ran to the second coil then the negative was ran back to the base. I bought alot of off-brand stuff back then so no telling what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread