better cartomizer for the kr808?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow79

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2010
Vancouver
I originally started with 510's, and an eGo later on.. Then I came across the Bloog MF, which really , really impressed me. Yes, it's a KR808, but not really. the batts are regulated at 3.6 volts, and when you use them with the MaXXFusion Cartos, you'll be hard pressed to find a more consistent, tasty warm vape...

At least when it comes to slim PV's.

buy one bloog battery and a pack of cartos and you'll know what I mean. You can charge them with your KR808 accessories. The cartomizers won't work as well with with normal KR808 batts, so don't waste your money going halfway.

Other than that, I've heard Kanger makes nice KR808 cartos, but I have no experience with any type of KR8 except the bloog.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
I like Vapor4Life's Wow blank cartomizers. They run about 2.8 ohms and are the lowest resistance cartos they sell. I have a bunch of kr808 batts and, personally, wouldn't go any lower wrt resistance because these batts stay at 4.2V for quite some time before finally dropping down to 3.7, so anything lower will most likely burn. Of course, not all juices work well at low resistance but only you + trial/error will figure that one out:)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
You could also buy a cheap chrome adapter $3 or so going from your KR8-510 or also use 901 Attys with a drip shied like I do, I took my old V4L Batts and I put LR-901 Atty's on them with a drip shield from Empire mods dot com. They produce mad vapor and work well with a good LR901 & Drip Tip with Drip Shield. just don't chain vape them so they get to hot and short your Batt, let it cool down in between vapes, I've been running this stealth set up for 6 months or more and haven't had a Batt go dead as of yet. ya ya they say don't run an LR under 450mAh I know that, but it can be done and is a good small stealth set up and I've gotten 6months so far out of 4 Batts in rotation.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
.. Then I came across the Bloog MF, which really , really impressed me. Yes, it's a KR808, but not really. the batts are regulated at 3.6 volts, and when you use them with the MaXXFusion Cartos, you'll be hard pressed to find a more consistent, tasty warm vape...

Buy one bloog battery and a pack of cartos and you'll know what I mean. You can charge them with your KR808 accessories. The cartomizers won't work as well with with normal KR808 batts, so don't waste your money going halfway.

I second this.

I own bloog gear AND an eGo with LR attys (Janty Jets). They pump out the same amount of vapor.

Bloog cartos and bats truly are amazing. I like the long batt life and easy juice fill of my eGo-T, but love the ease of changing flavors and the small "normal" look of a bloog even more.

The only real difference, is the the eGo LR atty gives a cooler vape, and the bloog has a warmer vape.

Try the bloog, you won't be disappointed. PM me for a discount code if you're really interested. They don't normally have sales, because product flys off the shelfs at full price.

gamergirlmo

Aug 17, 2010
Missouri
If you take a look at my posts on another thread "New Cartomizers?", you'll see that I was less than enchanted with the KR808 cartos too. What I ended up doing was buying an 808/901-510 adapter, a drip tip, some cartridges, and some 501 attys. I prefer the drip tip over the cartridges, but the cartridges have a decent TH (in my opinion) when hooked up to the 808 batt. I bought everything from FreedomSmokeUSA because I go to them for my juice, and the amount of money I would have saved on supplies had I bought them and the juice separately would've gone towards shipping anyway. With drip tip, two attys, 25ml of juice (could've saved some money on the juice by buying 30ml of one flavor, but I couldn't make up my mind), a 5 pk of cartridges, and 808/901-510 adapter; I spent around $43 (including shipping and using their discount code freedomsmokeusa at checkout).

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
If you take a look at my posts on another thread "New Cartomizers?", you'll see that I was less than enchanted with the KR808 cartos too. What I ended up doing was buying an 808/901-510 adapter, a drip tip, some cartridges, and some 501 attys. I prefer the drip tip over the cartridges, but the cartridges have a decent TH (in my opinion) when hooked up to the 808 batt. I bought everything from FreedomSmokeUSA because I go to them for my juice, and the amount of money I would have saved on supplies had I bought them and the juice separately would've gone towards shipping anyway. With drip tip, two attys, 25ml of juice (could've saved some money on the juice by buying 30ml of one flavor, but I couldn't make up my mind), a 5 pk of cartridges, and 808/901-510 adapter; I spent around $43 (including shipping and using their discount code freedomsmokeusa at checkout).

I tried some adapters on my mods for 808 as well. Some of them worked way better than others. For example, my screwdriver(both of them) didn't like it at all. It worked somewhat, but my protege worked much better, I messed with the contacts to try and make it better, but nothing helped. I guess it just may be the way some adapters fit certain devices, Idk. Nothing seemed to work as good as a regular old 808 battery for 808 cartos though.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
It all comes down to voltage output of the batt you're using. MF Bloog cartos do not handle higher voltage well, they burn the juice (not the carto). V4L's wow cartos are the old vertical design but are low resistance and can handle higher voltage. It's why all companies selling horizontal coil cartos have to use the new regulated batts.....

basilray

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Minneapolis
www.youtube.com
I originally started with 510's, and an eGo later on.. Then I came across the Bloog MF, which really , really impressed me. Yes, it's a KR808, but not really. the batts are regulated at 3.6 volts, and when you use them with the MaXXFusion Cartos, you'll be hard pressed to find a more consistent, tasty warm vape...

At least when it comes to slim PV's.

Buy one bloog battery and a pack of cartos and you'll know what I mean. You can charge them with your KR808 accessories. The cartomizers won't work as well with with normal KR808 batts, so don't waste your money going halfway.

Other than that, I've heard Kanger makes nice KR808 cartos, but I have no experience with any type of KR8 except the bloog.

Don't bother with Bloog!

The Volt Cartos from the Smokeless Image are EXACTLY the same, $1 cheaper per pack, and you don't have to screw with $8 shipping. Their batteries are also less expensive.

Save yourself some money, go to Smokeless Image!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread