Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... that produce a better throat hit and more vapor? ...

Hardware and Ohm/Volts is a Big Part of the Equation.

But don't forget about Nicotine Level and PG to VG Ratio. Generally Speaking.

More Throat Hit = Higher Nicotine mg Level.

More Vapor = Higher VG Ratios.

What is your Husband currently using e-liquid wise?

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
Another vote for the Kanger Protank II (2.5 ml capacity) and Protank II Mini (1.5 ml capacity). The larger one seems to have an easier, more airy draw, too, if that matters. I believe it is because it has internal (as opposed to external) air-holes.

You might just try turning your Pro Tank 2 and 3's into the Newer Aero's system with this converter system
the 2 and 3 Pro Tanks are much better designed Tanks than most on the market anyway...
and with this KangerTech AeroTank Base - Sun-Vapers.com
base conversion looooook out... for $6.00 WOW!

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    If he doesn't like clearomizers, why get different clearomizers expecting different results? There are other alternatives after all.

Get a simple LR cartomizer ($1.45), and let him try that. If he like them better, then you can look for a nice tank to put the cartos in.

Everyones tastes are different, he wouldn't be the only person around that thinks clearos are the "bottom feeders" of the vaping world (pun intended)

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    The Mini Protank II's are our most fiddle free clearos I find. Easy to clean and fill, plus they don't seem to gurgle like larger, bottom coil clearos seem to do. My husband hates to fiddle with things as well, and had been extremely happy with his mini Protanks.

For better taste, I do like dual coils. The Mini Protanks don't taste bad, I just find that dual coils taste better. I use the iClear b line, which comes in two sizes. The full 3 ml size and the 1.6 ml, ego sized clearos. Coils are harder to find though, and slightly more expensive. Also can't find anything on how to clean them, but I've been doing alcohol soaks and dry burns and they're lasting me quite a while. They do gurgle some when the liquid gets low, but not so much that my husband would stop using them as he's stopped using all other clearos aside from Mini Protanks. From the amount he uses it, I'd say his favorite actually is the iClear 16b for the taste.

The most hassle free, and best tasting option I've come across that doesn't involve rebuilding are carto tanks. Since I started using them, I have yet to deal with gurgling or leaking. They also deliver great taste when compared to all of our clearos. The draw back is that there is a slight learning curve when it comes to properly priming a carto, plus my husband doesn't like the snap, crackle and pop sound they make. I don't care about the sound though. All I want is the taste, and these deliver. Once the carto is primed and installed into the tank, it easy to refill and you just keep doing so until the carto either tastes burnt or starts to leak. Then, it's time to switch cartos. I've been using the same carto in one of my tanks for going on three weeks without a problem though. The life of them will depend on the juice you use. The darker the juice, te shorter the life. I just toss dead cartos, I don't bother trying to clean them, and with some research you can get them at the same price as Protank coils. The tanks can be a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. I use IBTanked, which give you the best bang for your buck. Tough, thick, Pyrex that hasbt cracked yet, and very well fitted orings that have survived severL refills without dreading and leaking. Basically, once you install a carto and fill a tank, there's 0 fiddling aside from refilling for weeks depending on your juice.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Im getting an iTaste SVD Thursday of this week, so problem solved :) My Kanger EVOD has 1.5ohm atoms and it hits hard and smooth and no burnt taste. I cant wait for Thursday to get here!

BTW, I have never used a VV/VW before. What settings would you suggest to start with? And if using 1.5ohm atoms, what VW should I start with?

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it!

around 6 to 8 watts; adjust to taste.

CanIPlayWithMadness

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2013
    Hollister,Ca.USA
    You might just try turning your Pro Tank 2 and 3's into the Newer Aero's system with this converter system
    the 2 and 3 Pro Tanks are much better designed Tanks than most on the market anyway...

Ohhh. That is sweet. That way you can adjust the airflow without drilling and possibly drilling too big and then it's too late. :laugh:

I'm getting one of these.

CanIPlayWithMadness

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2013
    Hollister,Ca.USA
    The most hassle free, and best tasting option I've come across that doesn't involve rebuilding are carto tanks. Since I started using them, I have yet to deal with gurgling or leaking. They also deliver great taste when compared to all of our clearos. The draw back is that there is a slight learning curve when it comes to properly priming a carto, plus my husband doesn't like the snap, crackle and pop sound they make. I don't care about the sound though. All I want is the taste, and these deliver. Once the carto is primed and installed into the tank, it easy to refill and you just keep doing so until the carto either tastes burnt or starts to leak. Then, it's time to switch cartos. I've been using the same carto in one of my tanks for going on three weeks without a problem though. The life of them will depend on the juice you use. The darker the juice, te shorter the life. I just toss dead cartos, I don't bother trying to clean them, and with some research you can get them at the same price as Protank coils. The tanks can be a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. I use IBTanked, which give you the best bang for your buck. Tough, thick, Pyrex that hasbt cracked yet, and very well fitted orings that have survived severL refills without dreading and leaking. Basically, once you install a carto and fill a tank, there's 0 fiddling aside from refilling for weeks depending on your juice.

I'm new to all of this so be patient please.

So they make a cartomizer that is a tank too? Or am I missing something.

Please give me a few good examples of the best/most popular/what you like best cartomizer/tanks.

Thanks.

The whole reason I am asking is that I have the Iclear 30s and it leaks on the bottom often (Not just when it's overfilled on top) which makes a gurgling sound that I loath.

But I do like the clearomizers simply because I can easily see how much liquid I have left.

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2013
    New York, NY
    I get my carto tanks from IBTanked. Basically, you put a cartomizer with holes punched in the sides into a glass tank that you fill with liquid. The liquid in the tank keeps the cartomizer moist and full. The taste is phenomenal, and the cartos last me weeks sometimes. Check out IBTanked.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Free6413

ECF Veteran
    Dec 29, 2013
    Spring, Texas
    Love my EVOD!!!!! Bought a 2.4 ohm coil for it and WOW!!! My eGo on 6v does it for me. Plenty of vapor, plenty of throat hit. Almost like the analogs of days gone by. The salesman that turned me on to this setup was right on. I filled it up and have not turned back since. I know it depends on preference but after smoking for 35+ years it was like I never switched anything. It's worth ever minute of it! Hope my:2c: helps!

F.O.Bean

ECF Veteran
    Jan 11, 2014
    Washington, PA
    I would start at 3 volts and slowly go up. always check the resistance of atty before firing. seen many of them with wrong ohms printed on the atty.

Thank you for the info! I visited the vape shop today! They have a huge shipment coming in Monday/Tuesday, so Im once again torn between an SVD or SID, or a mech mod Nemesis or the like? I think Id like to have an SVD/SID just to learn the ropes of VV/VW. And I was shown today how to rebuild Davide/EVOD/Protank atoms today. Just waiting to get the supplies to do it on Tuesday!

Im going to look into Aspire tanks too. Once I get my AW batts and intellicharger im off to the races :)

Thank you for the info! I visited the vape shop today! They have a huge shipment coming in Monday/Tuesday, so Im once again torn between an SVD or SID, or a mech mod Nemesis or the like? I think Id like to have an SVD/SID just to learn the ropes of VV/VW. And I was shown today how to rebuild Davide/EVOD/Protank atoms today. Just waiting to get the supplies to do it on Tuesday!

I have used both the SID and the SVD. My brother owns both. We both go back to the SVD as our go-to mod

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    I'm new to all of this so be patient please.

So they make a cartomizer that is a tank too? Or am I missing something.

Please give me a few good examples of the best/most popular/what you like best cartomizer/tanks.

Thanks.

The whole reason I am asking is that I have the Iclear 30s and it leaks on the bottom often (Not just when it's overfilled on top) which makes a gurgling sound that I loath.

But I do like the clearomizers simply because I can easily see how much liquid I have left.

No. A cartotank goes over a carto, then you put liquid in the tank, so the carto keeps getting supplied by the liquid in the tank.

To do that, they make blank cartos (no eliquid inside) with holes at the side so that when you put them in a cartotank, the eliquid can get in through the holes.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013

That's interesting;

another interesting one is this:

Protank-Mini-Base.jpg

Product Description

This base will fit both mini Protank and regular protanks. Many people love these in a regular protank as it creates a more consistent draw than a 510 base.
    - See more at: eGo base for mini Protank and Protank. - Sun-Vapers.com

I wonder if this might actually solve much of the problems with the protank?

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2014
    central Virginia

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 21, 2013
    Belton; Upstate SC
    www.facebook.com
    the evod is the most consisent worry free tank i have used so far. At least in my experience.

I agree with this completely. Mine are great. Except the one that cracked after 3 weeks. I knew it was a good possibility though, and I still kept filling it up with citrus juices any ways. Strawberry, orange, and red apple. I'm sure the combination is what ultimately cracked it, but I had strawberry in when I heard the snap. At least now I have an extra EVOD base to tinker with, or use as a tool for dry burning.

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    I agree with this completely. Mine are great. Except the one that cracked after 3 weeks. I knew it was a good possibility though, and I still kept filling it up with citrus juices any ways. Strawberry, orange, and red apple. I'm sure the combination is what ultimately cracked it, but I had strawberry in when I heard the snap. At least now I have an extra EVOD base to tinker with, or use as a tool for dry burning.

When you plastic tank cracks, it is obvious. What about when your plastic tank does not crack?

The fact that some liquids do such obvious damage to the plastic means that other liquids are also reacting but you might not see such a blatant result; meanwhile you're vaping whoknowswhat drom the plastic petrochemicals down into your lungs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread