• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Better Starter Kit---Fast TECH EGO vs. Spinner/Twist Eg. Price difference is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spinner/Twist EG is overwhelmingly recommended by veterans to newbies in this room. $69.95
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

There are also sporadic mentions for newbies to consider items from fast tech. EGO CE4T-P 6. $24.99
$24.49 EGO CE4T-P 6-in-1 USB Rechargeable 1300mAh Electronic Cigarettes Health Keeping Set - black / US plug adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$20.04
$20.04 EGO-EVOD 6-in-1 Rechargeable 900mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - double e-cigarette / black / 2.6

The Spinner Twist has variable voltage device. Other than that, what are the advantages for one over the other? Is the vaping experience/enjoyment considerably different with these two?

Can I still purchase Vivi Nova and Kanger related accessories if I purchase one of the above fast tech Items? If someone has a link to those items on Fast Techs page can you please post a link?

If I do purchase one of those models from Fast Tech, what accessories would you suggest I might want to consider with my initial purchase?

I really like this. $0.97 Flat Mouth Electronic Cigarette Cartridge for CE4/5/6 Atomizer/Ego-K/Ego-T at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Lastly, I like the pipe stem on a pipe.
http://www.liquid-shop.eu/images/product_images/thumbnail_images/126_0.jpg

Does anyone have a link to purchase one from?

Last edited:

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
Can I still purchase Vivi Nova and Kanger related accessories if I purchase one of the above Fast tech Items?
Yes.

If I do purchase one of those models from Fast Tech, what accessories would you suggest I might want to consider with my initial purchase?
spare tanks and eliquid.

Get it.

Lastly, I like the pipe stem on a pipe.
http://www.liquid-shop.eu/images/product_images/thumbnail_images/126_0.jpg
Does anyone have a link to purchase one from?
This won't fit I don't think.

Q:The Spinner Twist has variable voltage device. Other than that, what are the advantages for one over the other?
A: You will be able to provide constant Voltage to given heating coil as it will provide more consistant Vap (taste), I for one am happy with basic battery for now. May be in the future...........when I have more disposable $.

Goodluck to you and me of cause.:vapor::vapor::vapor:

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel
What do you mean by:
You will be able to provide constant Voltage to given heating coil as it will provide more consistant Vap (taste),

Also, your answers rock. You might win. Not sure what though.
The spin or the variable Voltage batteries are able to provide (depending on the model) a constant power Voltage output as you use up the battery. Regalar Ego battery's voltage gets lower and lower as you use it. Now that is just the basic understanding.

Now to learn more you will need about a day reading up on how these batteries work. Look in "http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/" And good luck with that.

Now the wining part, I'm not trying to. Thanks tho!!

Have fun and be safe VAP on!!

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
There will come a time where you have done your due diligence, where you have asked the same question in several different ways and received similar answers. At that point, it's time to bust out the credit card and pull the trigger.

Buy the fasttech one by all means, but don't underestimate the variable voltage the Spinner will give you. If you buy the kit from Fasttech, I almost guarantee you that you will buy a variable voltage device sometime soon. The variable voltage allows you to set the right voltage for the resistance of the head you are using so you can dial the vape in to what you prefer. That said, the fasttech ego battery is a hard deal to beat - buy it if you like. Maybe you want to buy the least expensive battery and give up a feature or two just to see if vaping is for you - if so, you should buy it from fasttech.

While you are at it why not buy a Vamo from Fasttech too, it's a great APV. I saw on another thread you posted that you wanted to know other kits we would recommend - well I recommend a Vamo. It's a variable voltage, variable wattage device that can last 2 days of vaping time. It's form factor is a little big, but I personally like it. You may not.

I would highly recommend against getting the vivi novas from fasttech. A lot of people have said that they leak. Your experience may be different.

As I said on the earlier thread, the reason why the spinner package gets a lot of love on the forum is because it's a good starter setup with room for growth as you become an intermediate vaper. It'll also be at your doorstep in about 4 days. Or it might not.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Actually, you are comparing apples and oranges. Low, 650 mAh, fixed batteries with really low end CE4/5/6 clearomizers (at Fasttech) do not compare with 1300 mAh variable voltage batteries with popular and effective Kanger toppers like the evod and MT3s. The clone vivi novas do not compare with the MVS kit topper options that was recommended to you. What we see a lot of around here, are evaluations comparing inexpensive under-performing gear to excellent high-performing gear, which naturally have price differences. The other difference we see is the cigalikes compared with the nicer stick batteries (ego's spinner, twist, etc.). If you could compare the actual same products, the price points would be much closer. Based on experience, failing vaping twice, then finally succeeding, you have been given a very good recommendation on the MVS kit. Live and Learn, bygones be bygones. You have my :2c:.

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
The twist kit from MVS is far superior and longer lasting. I can say that from experience, I have a good deal of equipment from Fasttech. The spinners/twists that are in the kit are just superior quality. They have a proven track record that can't be ignored. In addition, the toppers or atomizers as they are called give you options to try two different kinds to see what you prefer. I recommend one top coil and one bottom coil type. You can always order things from Fasttech later. It is inexpensive but can be challenging as far as quality if not name branded. I did have excellent luck with their knockoff Evods. No such luck with their batteries.

The difference between a standard ego battery and the variable voltage is significant. Most new vapers try a stick battery or cig-alike first.Then they move up to an ego style, followed shortly thereafter by the twist type. The MVS kit will only mean that you are saving money in the long run going stright to the highest performing equipment available for your level.. The vapor from the ego won't be bad. It just has it limits, it can't be adjusted. The vapor and throat hit as well as flavor can be adjusted on the variable voltage battery. If you adjust the settings just by a fraction suddenly the flavor can intensify, some flavors taste best heated to a higher level others at a cooler setting. You will be able to control the vape.

Everyone has varying degrees of experience on here. I have tried to use as little vape terminology as I could, so, that it is easy to understand. The main thing is to find what works for your budget, if you can afford the initial payment for the MVS kit, then you will have an excellent starting point and a kit that no matter what you purchase beyond this will still be of service into the future. I still use my initial kit as a backup and for when I am running around and want a light weight variable voltage option. If this choice is not an option now the Fasttech kit or any other ego style kit that you like will work.

Karen N Daytona: "I still use my initial kit as a backup and for when I am running around and want a light weight variable voltage option."

AnaologNoMore: Many veterans talk about using a former starter kit as a backup. Makes no sense. If suggested starter kits didn't suffice your needs, what are you currently using that gets the job done for you?

AnaologNoMore

Moved On
Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by Judge Dredd
  • Reason: Nonsense

AnaologNoMore

Moved On
Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by Judge Dredd
  • Reason: Nonsense