Beyond vapor spire VV/VW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Nice review. I did a quick post on this when it arrived, but your review is very accurate to my experience. For Canadians, I live near Toronto and I ordered it from Beyond Vape's website on a Thursday and it arrived the following Monday with no customs charges and no CBSA interference (order confidently, although its a $50USD postal charge!) - very good customer experience in shipping for me. I got the $120USD kit and am very happy with it. I think its an excellent deal for a device of this quality and function.

For those concerned about the 33.3 chip, I notice no rattlesnake sound and I have it in RMS mode. I've used it with my nautilus and my iClear 30B and its been a great experience, good vapor production, fast on the hit, zero tube rattle due to excellent fitment. Bottom cap is very flat so it sits upright easily on the desk. Its shorter than the eVic and with the 18350 is stealthy in those less than friendly places to vape. I don't really have anything bad to say about this unit thus far. So long as you're okay with the 15VW limit, the power is at least more than adequate for how I vape. Took me 15 minutes to master the menu, not rocket science.

Based on what I've read here, it sounds like a Vamo internally but with far better ergonomics and fit and finish. Plus you're supporting an American manufacturer (check in the box for me). I have an eVic and a iTaste 134 and this is now my in coat unit that leaves the house with me. I lean towards tubular mods and clean metalic lines with solid construction, so to me, this is an ideal unit. I would love to see a dna-20 in this form factor.

Tightening up the lower tube after the battery is in reduces the wiggle considerably - and I am not a fan of telescoping mods but this is comfortable to hold in the average sized hand.

I would love to see a Phil Busardo review on this unit. I'm sure it will get reviewed eventually. A unit of this quality won't go unnoticed for much longer I would think.

EDIT: I did send an email to customer service before shipping, warning them not to include the juice offered in the $120 package as it would get seized - if you order you may want to remind them of that.

Last edited:

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Well, Spike... The Vamo is €40-€50. The Spire is €90-€100. For me, it's definitely worth it thanks to its much greater build quality and better looks.

Depends on your point of view and personal taste...I was and am only speaking from my point of view and I don't find it attractive enough to buy for 100 bucks regardless of its build quality...YMMV and clearly does...lol

mculley47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I will have a video review on this in the next week or two. My girlfriend and I have a brand new Youtube channel. We have been accumulating a lot of products that don't have much out there yet. Protovapor XPV, Expromizer, and a bunch of others. These will be professional, well thought out reviews. I will post it on ECF and i lll try to remember to put it in this thread as well when its out.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Depends on your point of view and personal taste...I was and am only speaking from my point of view and I don't find it attractive enough to buy for 100 bucks regardless of its build quality...YMMV and clearly does...lol

LOL. As I did say, YMMV. Just curious what do you find attractive?

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
LOL. As I did say, YMMV. Just curious what do you find attractive?

Nothing in particular.....I just know it when I see it...just as I know when I see a mod that does nothing at all for me...something about the looks of this mod is just "meh" for me...

That's pretty much it...:)

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
This might be what I've been looking for. I have a Zmax v5 for over a month now, but already the button is getting a little dodgy (hasn't gotten worse since). I hope this mod takes care of the battery-tightening strains and button issue that the Zmax still seems to have.
Depending on the reviews I might save up a bit longer for a svoemesto semovar.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Well, you can't argue about taste! Besides, the world would be a boring place if everybody liked and hated the same things...

Strike my previous comments...after watching Busardo's new review of the Spire and seeing it a bit more up close and hearing his comments, I find it to be a lot more attractive than I had and it seems to perform rather well...I might have to pick one up down the road at some point....:laugh:

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Phil's review is good - I'd love to see max power output in voltage mode on this unit with stack 18350's just to see, since it does seem to fireall the way up to 7v... Also Phil confirmed something I suspected and that is they've tuned it somewhat as I don't get the rattle on this unit nearly like I do on other 33.3's.

mculley47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unauthorized contest

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
This is a remanufactured sigelie V3 ... 100%

4 amp limit with stacked 18350s or 2.5 single battery.

Can you check the software version of the spire for me? Take off battery cap, hold The fire button and replace the cap, after a few seconds holding the button it will read the software version and bat voltage, as you hold it it will switch back and forth between the two.

For instance my sigelie v3 reads. - Si v1.5a

Last edited:

Albantar

Oct 16, 2013
Loenen, GLD, NL
This is a remanufactured sigelie V3 ... 100%

4 amp limit with stacked 18350s or 2.5 single battery.

Can you check the software version of the spire for me? Take off battery cap, hold The fire button and replace the cap, after a few seconds holding the button it will read the software version and bat voltage, as you hold it it will switch back and forth between the two.

For instance my sigelie v3 reads. - Si v1.5a
My Spire says SI v1.8

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
What I find interesting is the marketing. Keeping it down to 2 retailers. This allows price control. Zen, Provari and a few others have learned. It will not be discounted in this way. This method also serves better for limited production. No need for a huge number of retailers and the small releases keep demand high. The difference with this device is it is made in China. Will the Chinese hold up their end and not "sell out the back door" or even clone it. It will be fun to watch to see if the price is maintained.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
My Zmax v5 has trouble firing, it doesn't stop completely. The button clicks but it doesn't make contact properly all the time so it bounces the contact, making it go into the menu. I have to press it either rather firmly or at a certain angle.

Perhaps that's why the Spire has the metal button. I will say the plastic button looks cheap on the Zmax versions. The tubes are well made. Why cheap it out there? It has made me wonder if they had intended to do a back light on the button at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread