BF Mods by Custom-Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Not settin' the world on fire..................

But,..I'm a werkin'......

7Y9lYa4l.jpg

HOJzfOul.jpg

7EeXk9Cl.jpg

m1I8lkTl.jpg

lUZIGzrl.jpg

vMAqdYal.jpg

zv4nR9cl.jpg

NU9jEi8l.jpg

mzi95iLl.jpg

co5sBlYl.jpg

VztdmNMl.jpg

CJemIQfl.jpg

gvjF5jXl.jpg

jAHFR2Hl.jpg

:thumb:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
why is there 6 spare full sets of contacts :?:
Good question. The upper, springy ones I can understand. There's always the possibility that one will break, or that the the silver contact will eventually get pitted enough that it won't polish up nicely anymore. None of this has ever happened to me, but I do have a few spare upper ones myself, just in case.

However the lower one? It isn't flexible, and it doesn't make/break a circuit, so I can't really imagine the circumstances under which it would fail. :confused:

I dropped mine on concrete, it wasn't even the SS, and she held up well internally.
Yeah, the ones I use the most all have some character marks; even the SS...

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
BALLER:

Etymology: Middle English 'bal', from Old Norse 'bollr' and akin to Old High German 'balla'; combined with the commin suffix 'er' denoting one that does or performs (a specified action)

Therefore, a baller is, literally, 'one who balls'

Other connotations of the word include:

(N)
1. One whose person has been fully and successfully established in numerous social circles (esp. one who is extremely popular with both the male and female members of any given social group)
2. One whose status in society has been earned by one's possession of "game" (that is, proficiency at the game of life)
3. One of wealth and means, who enjoys the finer things in life....

:D

In all seriousness,... He will have 6 CC's, once these are finished. He wanted a spare for each one, just in case. Peace of mind type o' thing... :thumb:

Yep, that's it exactly. ^^^

Some might think this is way overkill (and it very well might be), but I've been down this road before, where a unique part failed & was damn near impossible to replace. Think Provari from a long, long time ago and Rio (if it hadn't risen from the ashes).

My reasoning for the spare silver negative contact screws is this: silver, being an extremely soft metal, could potentially break/snap from a nasty high fall (I'm always on high roofs, part of my job).

@Rossum correctly guessed my reasoning for the extra positive contacts.

I think I've * finally * found my sweet spot with these CC's & just want to protect myself against any and all nasty possibilities, at least as much as is reasonably possible. Considering the total outlay for these mods, a few extra bucks is well worth it for my piece of mind. Corey might not be pumping these babies out down the road. Who would of thought Provari would have fallen off the face of the earth in their heyday ??!!

Anyhow, thanks Corey. It's been a pleasure. Hopefully you're feeling semi-human now... I wouldn't want to think you were gritting your teeth in agony while finishing these up. :shock:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Be careful; that much can do a number on your stomach.

As a frequent sufferer of migraines with a torn rotator cuff, a bad back and bad knees, that’s the only thing that keeps me going at times. Anything less doesn’t touch it. My liver will probably just fall apart one day :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread