BF Mods by Custom-Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Yep. Without a bridge, the second battery is not in the circuit, at all. Just a single 18650, with a spare battery, onboard. :)

Not dangerous, just not in the circuit. Just don't put anything in there to act as a bridge. You could create a dead short.

The bridge must contact the positive of both batteries, while being insulated from the body of the mod.

I will make one, and send it to you. It's best to just remove the second battery, until you get the correct part from me.

I'll send you a message, shortly.

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
/me waves :thumbs:
tcQlrQDl.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
/me waves :thumbs:
tcQlrQDl.jpg

Obviously not in Kansas, Dorothy! ;)

I like your railing. When we got our place in FL some years ago, the deck needed re-done and we were torn over what kind of railing to use. We ended up with something quite similar and have not regretted it at all.

btobw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Obviously not in Kansas, Dorothy! ;)

I like your railing. When we got our place in FL some years ago, the deck needed re-done and we were torn over what kind of railing to use. We ended up with something quite similar and have not regretted it at all.

It's been a very hot summer here; at one stage 100% of NSW was drought declared. Then large areas of wilderness world heritage areas in Tasmania burnt to a cinder (those fires are still going, weeks later). And now a large part of Queensland has flooded. A summer to forget, and it's not over yet.

When the railing was installed, the guy was using outdated building regulations. The maximum gap between the cables had been reduced (to stop little kids getting their head stuck). So the cables, as originally installed, were too far apart and failed building inspection. Since holes had been drilled through the uprights, the only solution was to insert a second set of wires between the original ones. So the cables are rather closer to together than normal. Still, I'm happy with it - long lasting, low maintenance, and doesn't obstruct the view too much.

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    So my little CC hits like a biscuit that has been soaking in hot tea for an hour :(

I suspect the magnets are causing the issue as everything else has been stripped and cleaned and looks perfect.

Could these be removed or can I replate them in situ or am I up the creek here?

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_133650.jpg
      IMG_20190216_133650.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 208

B2L

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    So my little CC hits like a biscuit that has been soaking in hot tea for an hour :(

I suspect the magnets are causing the issue as everything else has been stripped and cleaned and looks perfect.

Could these be removed or can I replate them in situ or am I up the creek here?

The magnets don't, at least don't add much to, carry current. The weak spot, in my experience, is the interface between the body and the cap. From the picture that looks a little rough on yours. I would hit it with a scotch brite pad or very fine sandpaper and apply some no ox I'd ( both surfaces) and see how that does.

Mark Todd

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2012
    Fife, Scotland
    www.toddsreviews.com
    OK, went over with some 800 grit, cleaned all contacts again and much better.

I just saw the magnets and their condition and assumed that was the issue but the advice has helped, probably need to replace the OG contacts now.

Thanks for the help :)

B2L

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    OK, went over with some 800 grit, cleaned all contacts again and much better.

I just saw the magnets and their condition and assumed that was the issue but the advice has helped, probably need to replace the OG contacts now.

Thanks for the help :)

Absolutely, glad it helped :thumb:

On a CC that interface is the biggest contact point and tends to be the most neglected.

(Don’t ask me how I know :blush:)

custom-classic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 18, 2013
    USA
    Good stuff, B! :toast:

Looks like the plating is coming off the magnets. Shouldn't affect performance. To replace, they would have to be drilled out with a carbide end mill, and new ones pressed in. Not necessary, but can be done.

As Brian mentioned, it's almost always the mating surfaces between the cap and body. I can tune it up for you, if you'd like to send it stateside. :thumb:

B2L

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    It's all good, taking a reading and it's not performing that far off your typical Squonker with silver contacts.

Thanks again [emoji41]
    ac0911595f9b68391d591ce8bb021bcf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That's awesome but...

Work up to 1500 grit, buff it out and hit it with some no ox and she'll perform like a scalded rabbit ;)

(Assuming a scalded rabbit performs really well :unsure:)

• Informative
    Reactions: CMD-Ky
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread