Big tip for all beginners (Lipton tea bag method)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc104

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
london
If you read the title of that thread and thought 'Lipton tea bag method' what the hell is that!

Then let me introduce to you the best advice that I was given via this forum.
Once getting into vaping you will notice that with normal cartridges and attys, you have to keep topping them up, 3 drips here, 3 drips there. You might then go for a drip tip, which is ok, but may still not be doing for you.

If you want a clean hit, for around 3 analogue cigs worth (or maybe 4) without filling back up, then you need to learn this mod, here is what you do :

Google 'Lipton pyramid tea bags'. Buy a pack. Flavor is not important. Take the teabag and rip off the string. Now cut the seams off, so basically you are looking to create a long rectangular sheet.

Roll the sheet up (so it looks like rolled cigarette. Take out the filling of the cartridge and slip this sheet inside the cartridge. It will be far to long, so cut off the part that is outside (should be enough for another cartridge. SOme say, fold it over, double the amount of material. Don't do that.

Drip eliquid onto it - should be able to get between 10 - 17 drips. Let it soak up.
Place onto atty. VAAAAAAPPEEE away.

The only thing stopping you now is doing it to much and over heating the atty. But this way ensures a clean hit every time. Cartomisers can only dream of such things.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The rolled up Lipton pyramid tea bag (different than normal tea bag) goes into the cartridge
after you remove the filler it comes with.

I like the "blue foam mod" much better, (blue aquarium foam filter) as you can adjust the
size of the filler foam for the thickness of your juice.

With a eGo mega atty / cart I can get about the same amount of juice in as a normal 510 carto,
no leaking, great flavor, better vapor than a carto, YMMV. :vapor:

kc104

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
london
Yes sorry, did that post in a bit of a rush. So let me make some additional points :

1. Google this, and go to 'videos' to see how it is done.
2. Some videos show the user folding the bag over. While this works ok, I have found that it holds onto the eliquid to much.
3. I am using an Ego/riva510.
4. The cloth material should fit into the cartridge, then, go 1mm short (cut a little more off) Why? Because if you soak the cloth completely, and it is level with the cartridge end, when you slam it onto the atty, the atty may get a bit flooded. This is where you really do have to do it and try it to see what I mean. After 2 or so goes you will know what needs to be done.

Bjnnr - you ask - why is this so neat :

1. No need to drip onto the atty, just fill up and get a good 2 - 4 cigs worth of vaping.
2. It's a very clean hit.
3. If you chain vape, this is perfect ,with the only limiting factor being overuse of the atty, making it too hot.

Disadvantages :

1. One must take time out of their day to prepare the tea bag material. I did 10 or so sheets in one go, took me around 15 mins (although I was not rushing, just watching tv and going at a slowish pace)

2. Must be carful to not over fill the cart or you may damage the atty.

atom48

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Colorado
Or if you're lazy like me, you can buy a 3-pack for $5.00 ready-made from CigNot:
Joye 510 Blank Cartridges with Pyramid Tea Bag BLACK ONLY

You can get them with whistle-tips or round-tips and they last forever.

I got these, and they're great! Two of them have lasted me for three weeks so far. (I use the same flavor juice on each one, so I don't get cross-contamination.) I also got some Lipton Pyramid Tea Bags so I can make my own in the future, but haven't gotten around to it yet. They DO last and last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread