Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Big tobacco eyes new profits in e-cigarettes

The author linked a Univ or Calif (Riverside) "piece of crap" 2010 study.

There is only 1 comment at this time ...
However, I would assume, it was posted by one of us !!
1-BigGrin.png

Comment:
Another biased article. You paint the whole industry in a negative light. design flaws? Inadequate labeling? QA concerns? You are digging deep. Why is there nothing in your article about the great benefits of these products. 2.5 million people in the US that are using these are not smoking cigarettes anymore! You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know that even with the study you quote about possibly harming your lungs (slight/short lived rise in airway resistance) and inadequate labeling (really?) it is still way healthier than smoking.

You can find more studies and information at CASAA.org.

Always double check the facts when reading a story from this site.
The facts may be accurate , but a lot of the time they are not the complete facts.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Big tobacco eyes new profits in e-cigarettes

The author linked a Univ or Calif (Riverside) "piece of crap" 2010 study.

There is only 1 comment at this time ...
However, I would assume, it was posted by one of us !!
1-BigGrin.png

Comment:
Another biased article. You paint the whole industry in a negative light. design flaws? Inadequate labeling? QA concerns? You are digging deep. Why is there nothing in your article about the great benefits of these products. 2.5 million people in the US that are using these are not smoking cigarettes anymore! You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to know that even with the study you quote about possibly harming your lungs (slight/short lived rise in airway resistance) and inadequate labeling (really?) it is still way healthier than smoking.

You can find more studies and information at CASAA.org.

Always double check the facts when reading a story from this site.
The facts may be accurate , but a lot of the time they are not the complete facts.

There are 3 comments now, all pro-ecig. Someone needs to point this guy to some more current studies than the outdated 2010 UC one, and the clearly biased Athens one. :glare:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
There are 3 comments now, all pro-ecig. Someone needs to point this guy to some more current studies than the outdated 2010 UC one, and the clearly biased Athens one. :glare:

Rather than leave a comment, I emailed the author, gently pointing out that some of his information is outdated and some is incomplete. I sent him CASAA's list of published scientific research and clinical trials on e-cigarettes, suggesting it would make a nice source for his next article, and offered to provide fact-checking for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread